OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 4 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3932)
-   -   Crashes, crashes, and more crashes (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=281767)

RavenEHM 10-03-2017 11:57 AM

Crashes, crashes, and more crashes

Just a heads up. I have been experiencing what appears to be a random crash while playing a standard game (non challenge) as Montreal. It has happened 5 times so far in season 1 (it's frequent enough that I have had to change auto save to weekly). I have not yet been able to get a save that has a crash ready to go (as of yet), after re-launch the crash doesn't happen again shortly after. I will try and have a save soon if I can nail it down, but right now it's like trying to nail Jello to the wall.

Lukas Berger 10-03-2017 12:34 PM

So sorry about that!

Can you set the game to generate a trace file and then send that in after it crashes again?

You can create it by going to Preferences from the main screen, then selecting Troubleshooting and choosing "Enable debug trace".

Then, open the game and play until it crashes. After that restart the game. Then go back to Preferences -> Troubleshooting -> and select Open trace file. Post that file in the thread here and the devs will take a look at what's going on.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-03-2017 12:42 PM

Does it crash just when simulating? It would be great if you could upload the save because when it crashes regularly I should be able to reproduce it easily and fix whatever the cause is in your special case.

Here are the instructions for uploading the save:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...48&postcount=2

(just replace 4 with 3 in the above).

Thanks for the help!

RavenEHM 10-03-2017 01:31 PM

No need to apologize folks, crashes happen with all software (especially newly released software). Working on getting you the info you need for these crashes and will send them in as soon as I have them.

DSgamby 10-04-2017 12:14 AM

Getting the same problem with the Habs.. I can't get passed March 4, 2018

I am uploading it right now.

the Saved file is DanS.zip and the trace files is dsfhm_trace.txt

JeffR 10-04-2017 01:46 AM

Thanks, Dan, we'll have a look at that today.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-04-2017 03:47 AM

The world.dat is missing in this save. Please upload it so I can look into the save. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSgamby (Post 4239701)
Getting the same problem with the Habs.. I can't get passed March 4, 2018

I am uploading it right now.

the Saved file is DanS.zip and the trace files is dsfhm_trace.txt

Peter G 10-04-2017 04:25 AM

game crash

Hi the game crashes on the 2nd September 1921 when I plays as Montreal CanadiensI know this is beta mode so I am not stressed about it but thought you guys might want this info.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-04-2017 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter G (Post 4239738)
Hi the game crashes on the 2nd September 1921 when I plays as Montreal CanadiensI know this is beta mode so I am not stressed about it but thought you guys might want this info.

Could you please upload the save, then we can look into it. Thanks!

DSgamby 10-04-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4239733)
The world.dat is missing in this save. Please upload it so I can look into the save. Thanks.

Sorry, I thought I got them all. A new one has been uploaded under the same name.

jldante56 10-04-2017 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My game crashes intermittently when I sim games. I was able to capture the trace file for the last crash and I've uploaded here.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-04-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldante56 (Post 4239806)
My game crashes intermittently when I sim games. I was able to capture the trace file for the last crash and I've uploaded here.

Could you please upload the save, that way we can look into it. Thanks!

jldante56 10-04-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4239826)

I've uploaded as JLAZARUS BETA.zip

Thanks!

Sebastian Palkowski 10-05-2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSgamby (Post 4239758)
Sorry, I thought I got them all. A new one has been uploaded under the same name.

It does not crash here (or on Jeffs computer), we can just continue the game normally.

What exactly do you do and when does it crash. Maybe you can do a screenshot after the crash? It would also help if you could post the trace file after the game crashed (but don´t re-start the game, that way a new trace file is created, I need the trace file from the crash game). Thanks!

DSgamby 10-05-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4240131)
It does not crash here (or on Jeffs computer), we can just continue the game normally.

What exactly do you do and when does it crash. Maybe you can do a screenshot after the crash? It would also help if you could post the trace file after the game crashed (but don´t re-start the game, that way a new trace file is created, I need the trace file from the crash game). Thanks!

It would crash when I press Sim Game.

If I press Play Game, it would work. I have moved passed that date. I have already started the next season.

I already posted the trace file. It is called dsfhm_trace.txt

kexet 10-05-2017 11:02 AM

My game crashes in alla my saves, but only when managing a team. If I crash I can retire from the team and sim past the day and then take it over again but it becomes tedious

Sending my files and the trace file in the same .RAR called kexetcrash

Sebastian Palkowski 10-05-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kexet (Post 4240198)
My game crashes in alla my saves, but only when managing a team. If I crash I can retire from the team and sim past the day and then take it over again but it becomes tedious

Sending my files and the trace file in the same .RAR called kexetcrash

Thanks for the report and save, we were able to reproduce and fix the crash reason! :)

jldante56 10-05-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4239826)

Just curious if you’ve had a chance to look at this?

jldante56 10-05-2017 01:19 PM

It seems the game only crashes when you go to Play Game and then hit "Sim Game". When simming games from the main menu by week or by month, I have not had it crash at all.

JeffR 10-05-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldante56 (Post 4240218)
Just curious if you’ve had a chance to look at this?

We have, but so far we're running into the same issue with all the uploaded saves with the intermittent crash: we can't reproduce it here. Still investigating, seems to be something tied to the sim game button.