OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   Trading is ridiculous! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=300303)

Tony79 03-20-2019 03:21 PM

Trading is ridiculous!

So i started a MLB game as the NYY and looked what i could get for Tulo who is getting paid league minimum and a pretty poor backup SS. These are some of the guys i got offered.

Bumgardner, Wacha, Hosmer, Polanco, Cody Allen, Danny Duffy, Brad Hand, Raisel Iglesias, Colome, Taijan Walker, Gausman, Teheran and on and on.

And it's like that for loads of average backup/AAA guys. I could pretty much turn a group of bums into a all star team easily.

Maybe all these teams are just looking at payroll and want the contracts gone BUT this is the first week and lots of these teams are potential contenders and shouldn't even be thinking about getting rid of all star closers under control for years for someone as useless as Tulo.

Orcin 03-20-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony79 (Post 4456067)
And it's like that for loads of average backup/AAA guys. I could pretty much turn a group of bums into a all star team easily.

Except that you have to pay the contracts that you take on...

waittilnextyear 03-20-2019 03:34 PM

One thing I'd like to see improved with the trade AI is the cpu teams not trying to offload players they just signed or just signed to an extension. The very first AI-to-AI trade I saw in my save was the Twins dealing Max Kepler to Tampa Bay. Kepler just signed a 6-year contract extension before this season. If the programmers could essentially put those types of players onto the team's "untouchable" list that might help.

WIUPIKE 03-20-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4456075)
One thing I'd like to see improved with the trade AI is the cpu teams not trying to offload players they just signed or just signed to an extension. The very first AI-to-AI trade I saw in my save was the Twins dealing Max Kepler to Tampa Bay. Kepler just signed a 6-year contract extension before this season. If the programmers could essentially put those types of players onto the team's "untouchable" list that might help.

They mentioned in another post that the AI cannot consider the real life current deals, but when made in game the AI does not try to move newly acquired players.

waittilnextyear 03-20-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIUPIKE (Post 4456078)
They mentioned in another post that the AI cannot consider the real life current deals, but when made in game the AI does not try to move newly acquired players.

Was there an explanation of why it is this way? If the contract is indicated as "signed before the 2019 season," it would seem the game knows this information. I'm not questioning that it is the way you say, I just wonder why--if it has to do with the "these are not real life contracts" popup message or if it's a programming limitation.

Lukas Berger 03-21-2019 03:05 AM

You can always tun the trading difficulty up ;)

But a lot of those guys you mention are bad contracts with negative value or at least close to it, so the AI will happily get rid of them for a bag of peanuts.