OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3883)
-   -   Radio Days Baseball - Historical, Recalc League starting in 1930 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=247230)

legendsport 08-24-2014 10:32 AM

Radio Days Baseball - Historical, Recalc League starting in 1930

Rather than continue to discuss the idea in the Historical League Part 2 thread, I figured it'd be good to start a thread for the league itself now that the essentials have been nailed down.

The league is Radio Days Baseball. I've added it to the homepage on my website though right now what's there is very bare bones.

http://simsportleagues.com/images/ra...s-ssl-logo.jpg
  • League will be a historical, recalc-on league starting with the 1930 season.
  • Sims will be run each weekday morning, Monday thru Friday around 6 am ET.
  • Players will debut and retire according to history and enter the league via an annual draft.
  • Players miss seasons according to history (this will make the WWII era pretty interesting)
  • GMs will start the league with their team's actual 1930 roster
  • Recalc is on, based on 3 years, double weight to current season
  • All ratings are on 2-8 scale and based on neutralized stats
  • Coaches and scouts are off
  • Injuries set to Low
  • Suspensions on, drug suspensions off
  • Financial system is off
  • Spring training is off
  • All Star game is off until 1933
  • There will be a lottery to determine team assignments to allow everyone an equal chance at getting their first choice (details on this below).

GM List (updated as people sign up and originally based on the original thread):

Jestre*
DWK*
Bigdummie*
legendsport*
SilverSlugger*
MarkInCincy*
Abnerdoubleday
RayFleetwood*
devaneyfan*
Hrycaj*
deuelz*
rocknfire7*
tward13*
DDMartin*
sigbrat*
alanabel*

There were a few others who posted in the thread but never specifically said they were in. The seven people mentioned above are those who did state that they were in.

An asterisk indicates that a PM was sent and an account set up for the league on simsportleagues.com

How do I sign up?

The easiest thing is to post in this thread but you can PM me as well. For everyone who does sign up, I'll need you to PM me the following info so I can set you up with an account on the website & forum for the league:

Name (will also be your GM name in game), username, and preferred email address. You can also send over a password if you'd like, or I will make a temporary one for you to use. I stopped letting people sign themselves up because of spammers.

How do I pick my team?

I plan on using state lotteries to determine the order in which the GMs pick their franchise. Since there are teams that will undoubtedly draw more interest than others, the method outlined below will give everyone an equal shot at getting their first choice (though someone will obviously end up as the 'last man standing').

Each of the 16 GMs will be assigned a state and that state's lottery number in its Pick 4 evening game will determine the order (the winning numbers will be sorted low to high and the guy with the lowest number will get first choice of team)

The 16 state lotteries and their corresponding GMs:
Maine - Jestre
New Hampshire - DWK
Massachusetts - Bigdummie
Vermont - legendsport
New York - SilverSlugger
Rhode Island - MarkInCincy
Connecticut - Abnerdoubleday
New Jersey - RayFleetwood
Pennsylvania - devaneyfan
Delaware - Hrycaj
Maryland - deuelz
Virginia - rocknfire7
North Carolina - tward13
South Carolina - sigbrat
Georgia - alanabel
Florida - DD Martin

Each state's Pick-4 type game will be used. Evening drawing on the same day.

GMs can use the Lottery Post website to see all the results (Lottery Results (Winning Numbers) | Lottery Post)

Hrycaj 08-24-2014 12:29 PM

Joe,
I'm in for this one too. Why the heck not?!

SilverSlugger 08-24-2014 01:17 PM

Pm'd you.

devaneyfan 08-24-2014 03:48 PM

Sent you a PM.

Jestre 08-24-2014 04:36 PM

Ditto

DWK 08-24-2014 05:20 PM

sent you a PM also

legendsport 08-24-2014 07:37 PM

I've replied to all the PMs I received. Jestre made an excellent point about the method his league used re: state lotteries. Instead of having guys pick a slot, we'll just assign a state to each guy and then sort the state lottery numbers to determine the order of selection.

So I will start slotting guys in beside a state as they sign up (and I will edit the first post accordingly).

legendsport 08-24-2014 07:45 PM

We have 8 confirmed GMs and two others who posted in the original thread but have not yet sent a PM to set up their user accounts for the league.

So we have either six or, worst-case scenario, eight openings remaining.

deuelz 08-24-2014 09:13 PM

I'll take a team

Bigdummie 08-24-2014 09:32 PM

I also sent a PM to the comish. Thanks

BigBen 08-25-2014 09:01 PM

I can't delete my post ... so:
Sorry, I just join another League & that's will be enough for me.
Thanks

legendsport 08-27-2014 10:20 AM

We are at 11. Five openings remaining. I'm going to put out a call to the guys in my other leagues so hopefully that'll wrap up the recruiting.

So if anyone's been on the fence and wants to jump in, now's the time to get it done.

rocknfire7 08-27-2014 11:37 AM

Sign me up. What the heck.

MarkInCincy 08-28-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknfire7 (Post 3743788)
Sign me up. What the heck.

Do you old PBRL guys ever go away? :)

legendsport 08-28-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkInCincy (Post 3744003)
Do you old PBRL guys ever go away? :)

And we're full.

We'll use the Thursday 8/28 evening drawings in the various state lotteries to determine our "draft" order (we'll be selecting teams and starting with their stock rosters).

Jestre 08-28-2014 02:48 PM

Anyone else unable to get the Quickstart code to work????

legendsport 08-28-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jestre (Post 3744179)
Anyone else unable to get the Quickstart code to work????

I just realized I never patched the game to 15.2.25 - that might be why you're having issues.

I have now patched and uploaded a new league file. Not sure if the original email quick codes will now work or if I need to send out a new batch.

DWK 08-28-2014 07:03 PM

could not load file

Jestre 08-28-2014 07:07 PM

I still cant either

devaneyfan 08-28-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendsport (Post 3742683)
Pennsylvania - devaneyfan

Each state's Pick-4 type game will be used. Evening drawing on the same day.

Pennsylvania sucks! I think I got 9,199. :p