OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How do I get Technical Support? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=193456)

battists 02-24-2010 12:06 PM

How do I get Technical Support?

OOTP Developments uses a ticketing and knowledge base system that will help ensure that we don't lose track of support requests, and that we are able to provide as many helpful anwers to your questions up front.

Before submitting a ticket, please search our Knowledge Base. The answer to your question may already be there!

Support requests should now be submitted through our support site.

Once you submit a support request, you will receive an e-mail with a specific ticket number, as well as an account login. You can check on the status of your ticket online and refer back to that ticket number if you ever need to follow up with us.

never_ends 04-09-2010 02:34 PM

and an excellent system it is... I've already used it once... 2nd to none.

Sweed 04-15-2010 06:30 PM

Congrats to OOTP Developments on your new tech support system. Just used it for the first time and have to say this is second to none. Top notch service all the way.

endgame 04-15-2010 07:27 PM

I'm going to invent a problem just to test this out. ;)

Seems to be going well, though. Good work, guys.

SlyBelle 04-16-2010 10:15 PM

Just curious, is there a way to see all the submitted issues by everyone? I couldn't find that but would be helpful to see what people are reporting like you used to be able within the support forum.

Thanks!

bayouballer1 04-17-2010 08:33 PM

Support Question

How long should I wait for a reply in the support room before I post another ticket? It has been three days.:confused:

RchW 04-17-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouballer1 (Post 2949917)
How long should I wait for a reply in the support room before I post another ticket? It has been three days.:confused:

Did you get a confirming E-mail?

old timer 04-17-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouballer1 (Post 2949917)

I'm really sorry about that. Can you send me a PM and let me know your ticket ID? Once you do, I'll look it up and see what's happening.

thbroman 04-25-2010 05:21 PM

Steve, I am confused by this new system. I have a minor bug to report from a PbP. Do I use the "support site" to log it?

CHOWDERHEAD 04-25-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thbroman (Post 2956377)
Steve, I am confused by this new system. I have a minor bug to report from a PbP. Do I use the "support site" to log it?

Not trying to answer for him, but I ran into the same issue a week ago and was directed to log it into the system. :2cents:

JackRules1 04-26-2010 09:20 AM

I have used the support site for two minor issues and have received prompt replies. I think if anyone runs across anything that they think can/should be patched, then go to the support site and these guys will at least take a good look at it in a timely manner.

battists 04-26-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thbroman (Post 2956377)

Yes, please!

detroitrob 04-26-2010 03:35 PM

I sent in a ticket a cpl days ago and have yet to hear back. My hard drive crashed and when I go to where it says to re download otp11 it says I have used up my download limit. I only downloaded the game once on my previous computer. I even tried to call e-sellerate(the web store) and left a message but have heard nothing back. can someone please direct me what to do next ? I did receive an email stating they received the ticket, but nothing else.

battists 04-26-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitrob (Post 2957198)
I sent in a ticket a cpl days ago and have yet to hear back. My hard drive crashed and when I go to where it says to re download otp11 it says I have used up my download limit. I only downloaded the game once on my previous computer. I even tried to call e-sellerate(the web store) and left a message but have heard nothing back. can someone please direct me what to do next ? I did receive an email stating they received the ticket, but nothing else.

We'll be in touch shortly. We have limited staff, and the volume of tickets is pretty high this time of year. You've done exactly what you needed to.

Thanks!

wiggins 05-04-2010 04:32 PM

Ticket ?

Can a mod please respond? I put a ticket in #KMP-J11779 Over a week ago, with what I considered a high priority since I can't play my league, but nothing but my tic # and a response that you will et back to me. How long should this take?

battists 05-04-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggans1 (Post 2963372)
Can a mod please respond? I put a ticket in #KMP-J11779 Over a week ago, with what I considered a high priority since I can't play my league, but nothing but my tic # and a response that you will et back to me. How long should this take?

We're trying to get to everything as quickly as possible. We've fallen a bit behind, so please rest assured we'll get to it ASAP. It's tough when you have just 2 or 3 people supporting thousands of customers right after the release! :D

Just, please be patient. Right now is the highest-volume time of year for us.

Thanks!

kckid4u 05-04-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battists (Post 2963383)
We're trying to get to everything as quickly as possible. We've fallen a bit behind, so please rest assured we'll get to it ASAP. It's tough when you have just 2 or 3 people supporting thousands of customers right after the release! :D

Just, please be patient. Right now is the highest-volume time of year for us.

Thanks!

I've been frustrated with an issue I have too. I guess this is just a case of us being spoiled from your earlier, quick tech support? ;)

dannon20 05-31-2010 08:37 PM

I can't believe how much of a pain getting help for this game is. OOTP 11 is by far the best baseball game on the market. But unfortunately everytime I try to play it immediately crashes when I attempt to open my inbox or receive a message, just like version 10 did. I am incredibly frustrated and I need either answers or a refund, because at this point my game is worthless.

old timer 06-01-2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannon20 (Post 2981806)
I can't believe how much of a pain getting help for this game is. OOTP 11 is by far the best baseball game on the market. But unfortunately everytime I try to play it immediately crashes when I attempt to open my inbox or receive a message, just like version 10 did. I am incredibly frustrated and I need either answers or a refund, because at this point my game is worthless.

Hi,

Did you submit a support ticket for this? If not, please click the link in my sig and do so.

This problem sounds like one that has a fix described in the knowledge base. Here's a link to the relevant article: Game crashes whenever you click on a button, menu or tab

Did you already try that? If this doesn't help and you already have a ticket open, could you please give me your ticket ID?

salty 07-06-2010 12:28 AM

Am very new to the IT and web site process... Also this information is good for me...