OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3643)
-   -   The Official OOTP Online League directory (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=209857)

Tony M 06-20-2011 09:52 AM

The Official OOTP Online League directory

Having been given permission from Andreas, I'm just writing a quick post about the new OOOL (version 1*) that is included in OOTP12.

In previous versions of OOTP if you've wanted to join an online league it's either been by word-of-mouth or visiting the Online Leagues forum to see if people have posted in there or updated their entry on the IOLD, but with OOTP12 such information is available from the front screen.

If you're a current online league commissioner who wants to put their league on the system, or a GM who wants to find a new league the OOOL makes it easy.

When you open up OOTP12 you will have a menu option that lets you register on the system and as a GM this will allow you to search, and as a commish this will allow you to join.

I've written up some brief instructions this afternoon for this as the manual is a work in progress and it'll be good to get this going with as many leagues as possible.

The instructions are available here

The OOOL directory will evolve into an even more complete system as patches and updates occur.

Andreas Raht 06-21-2011 09:43 AM

There's a video tuturial online now, created by Fidel Montoya:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrW7DABpfM4

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyHLUr5Z9o

Both have High Definition options.

Enjoy! :)

molarmite 06-22-2011 07:11 PM

Is there anyway to delete an online league? I made one but then the new roster update came out today so I would like to delete my first one to avoid any confusion.

sdodd 06-25-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molarmite (Post 3153496)
Is there anyway to delete an online league? I made one but then the new roster update came out today so I would like to delete my first one to avoid any confusion.

Anything on this yet??

molarmite 06-25-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdodd35@yahoo.com (Post 3157576)
Anything on this yet??

There is not a way at the moment.

Andreas Raht 06-26-2011 08:51 AM

We will add that ASAP.

Robert Savard 07-01-2011 09:55 AM

Oool

I try this morning after installing the patch to register my league and it let me do it, but when i do a search it doesn't find the league.

Any ideas

Crimguy 07-02-2011 01:54 PM

If I may make a few suggestions:

There needs to be room for description of the league in the OOOL browser. Additionally, I would like to see some additional info listed, including ratings scale employed (a lot of people like 1-5 or 1-10. I like 1-20 or 20-80).

jbb37 07-02-2011 10:07 PM

looking for a league

I'm interested in joining a league, not too picky about what kind. If you have anything email me at jbentz@purdue.edu

brokenbat 07-29-2011 09:39 AM

Could you please explain (in words of very few syllables) what settings are involved in the team exports of an 'official' league, if and how they are communicated to the members of the league, and whether said members need to do anything to ensure that they are able to upload exports.

I ask because I did attempt to make our league 'official' and found that members were unable to upload their exports. My suspicion is that this is because the ftp destination file is directly converted to an html url which does not work because the internal reference to ftp server addresses is not directly translatable. The target ftp address in my own case is simply /lgexports whereas the html reference is www.domain.com/game/lgexports. If the conversion gives www.domain.com/lgexports then that address simply doesn't exist.

I have now returned the league to old style settings in the absence of any way to make being official work.

Alan T 07-29-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenbat (Post 3181429)
Could you please explain (in words of very few syllables) what settings are involved in the team exports of an 'official' league, if and how they are communicated to the members of the league, and whether said members need to do anything to ensure that they are able to upload exports.

I ask because I did attempt to make our league 'official' and found that members were unable to upload their exports. My suspicion is that this is because the ftp destination file is directly converted to an html url which does not work because the internal reference to ftp server addresses is not directly translatable. The target ftp address in my own case is simply /lgexports whereas the html reference is www.domain.com/game/lgexports. If the conversion gives www.domain.com/lgexports then that address simply doesn't exist.

I have now returned the league to old style settings in the absence of any way to make being official work.

Brokenbat,

When a league is converted to OOOL, exports are handled via http directly with the OOOL server. The exports are no longer placed on your ftp server at all.

In an OOOL league, the following communications take place for it to work:

League File Uploads: Placed on your server via FTP
League File Downloads for GMs: Pulled from your server via HTTP
Team exports for GMs: Sent to OOOL server via HTTP
Team imports: Pulled from OOOL server via HTTP.

I can't comment on why your league couldn't export and would have to look at it personally to have a better idea probably.

brokenbat 07-30-2011 07:12 PM

So all members of the league would need their own OOOL account?

Andreas Raht 08-25-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenbat (Post 3182055)
So all members of the league would need their own OOOL account?

Yes, that's right.

soadeathdealer 08-27-2011 05:05 AM

will this work for gms with mac? meaning im the commish i set the league up join oool all gms join oool will the gm with the mac beable to login and join my league and take part in everything? also what are the current bugs/issues asoiated with having ur league a oool league? i would like to us this for my league but want to make sure it wont mess up my league or mess up things for the gms.

Andreas Raht 09-08-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soadeathdealer (Post 3194254)
will this work for gms with mac? meaning im the commish i set the league up join oool all gms join oool will the gm with the mac beable to login and join my league and take part in everything?

Yes, sure. PC, Mac and Linux users can be in the same league.

Andreas Raht 09-19-2011 03:24 PM

There is a brief OOOL league list online now!
You can see all leagues there with links to their website and some information about each league, even with server logs.
Enjoy! :)

soadeathdealer 09-19-2011 03:26 PM

nice thanks for this

bp_ 09-25-2011 12:54 PM

If I add my league to this directory then every single GM in my league must create an OOOL account? Even if I only want to add my league to directory and not use OOOL for anything else (i.e. continue running my league exactly as I have in all previous versions of OOTP)? Thx.

Andreas Raht 09-26-2011 04:53 AM

Yes, that's right, all GMs must sign up to the OOOL to join the league.
If you want to run the league the same way as the standard leagues do, it makes no sense to make it an OOOL league :confused:
The OOOL offers additional features (and the plan is to add a lot more additional features) that require the connection to an online database. That's why all GMs have to sign up.
If you want to see your league in a leagues directory, I suggest to submit it to the IOLD, which is the greatest and most complete leagues list AFAIK.

KurtBevacqua 08-31-2012 05:14 PM

So how long should I expect my confirmation email for registering in OOOL to be delivered? It's been four hours and still no email.