OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3923)
-   -   UEBA - European Style League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=281469)

andymays 09-18-2017 05:18 PM

UEBA - European Style League

OPEN TEAMS: RCD Espanyol (La Liga) and Milan (Bundesliga)

Link with information about current season: 2033 Season Spreadsheet

Hello! I wanted to let you know about an OOTP18 league called Union of European Baseball Association (UEBA). We are in our 6th season. We had a very strong first five seasons and looking forward to many, many more. We are using StatsPlus and Slack.

League Website Link: UEBA Website

The United European Baseball Association (UEBA) in an online baseball league operated using Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP). The UEBA strives to create a fun and unique experience to the OOTP universe by looking to and applying the formats and ideas of European soccer into the baseball world when possible. Foremost the UEBA operates similar to European Soccer where teams compete in multiple competitions at the same time throughout the season. These ideas shall be merged with existing and familiar ones to find a balance that is unique and enjoyable for a variety of OOTP players.

The rules are unique so please make sure you take a look at them and let me know if you have any questions.

League Rulebook Link: UEBA Rule Book

If you are interested in joining the league, please submit the “Join Our League” request off the top menu on the league’s website.

Join Our League Link: Join Our League

There are 4 domestic leagues and regular season games are played every weekend (FRI/SAT/SUN). European competitions are played between leagues throughout the season and those games are played mid-week (TUE/WED/THU). All of the competition information (Champions League, Europa League, Association Cup, League Cup, Super Cup) is organized and viewable in a Google Doc. Click on the most recent season spreadsheet above to get a better understanding of the competitions and how everything is organized. The spreadsheet includes the season schedule so you can see details for each sim in advance.

You can find out much more information by selecting the Master Sheet spreadsheet link below. The first tab has the GM Directory information which is updated in real time so you can see which teams are available. The second tab has important league links, including previous test season’s spreadsheet and all of the financials for the test seasons. I simulated the league 10 seasons ahead before putting the league online to even the talent in addition to fully understand the financial aspect of such a unique style OOTP league.

League Master Sheet: Master Sheet Spreadsheet

The league uses online communication tool Slack to communicate with each other. I can help you get set up with our group to stay connected with the other GMs. Another unique aspect of the league is that we conduct our entire First Year Player Draft on StatsLab so you have full control of all 10 picks each season.

In conclusion, if you love a daily sim league that has majority of their sims done via the real time live sim function then this league is one you will really enjoy. Also, you do not need to know, understand and/or enjoy soccer to enjoy this OOTP online baseball league. However, if you do enjoy soccer then you will definitely love this league!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I am in the process of filling this league and believe it will fill up pretty quick.

Thanks for your time!

Andy Mayfield
andymayfield2@gmail.com
UEBA Home

stevem810 09-18-2017 08:14 PM

Good group and very well run.

ry1220 09-18-2017 10:24 PM

Intrigued. Sent an application form via the site. Would prefer Schalke to Torino.

Bisbo 09-19-2017 10:21 AM

This is a great league, based on the Euro soccer model. In addition to battling it out to win your league, you also compete in a variety of tournaments with teams from the other leagues. Lots of good GMs, and a very active Slack channel. Our commissioner is first-rate, and league members have created a really good Stats+ website. Highly recommended!

Jwalk100 09-19-2017 11:47 AM

Applied!

andymays 11-01-2017 03:35 PM

We have an opening in La Liga. The team is RCD Espnayol. We are currently in the middle of the 2030 season, which is the 6th online season. We have a very stable (export rates are 75% or higher daily) group of GMs. Very unique league and lots of fun. Click on the Join Our League link above in the main message.

andymays 11-01-2017 10:37 PM

RCD Espanyol has been filled. However, you are interested please still complete the Join Our League form and I will contact you when another opening happens.

andymays 11-08-2017 11:11 PM

Inter Milan (SA) is now open. The team has been very successful the last few seasons and has a team that can compete in multiple competitions immediately.

andymays 12-20-2017 01:24 PM

UEBA has 3 current openings. The teams are Borussia Dortmund (BUN), Athletic Bilbao (LL) and Inter Milan (SA). We are getting ready to start the 2031 season with today's sim. It is a great time to join the league with free agency just starting the 2031 draft pool being released on Friday (12/20/17) and the draft being held in StatsPlus starting next week. Click the link to join and complete the Form. I will contact you quickly after I receive your request.

chey 12-22-2017 01:38 PM

How do you schedule the different competitions in-season? Custom schedule, or manually inputting exhibition games?

andymays 12-22-2017 11:35 PM

All competition games (Champions League, Europa League, League Cup, Association Cup and Super Cup) are manually inputted in the schedule as playoff games. I keep track of everything in a Google spreadsheet for each season. I did everything for 10 seasons offline before starting the online league. I got really good at it during that time so it isn't a big deal now.

Let me know if you are interested. I have received 2 request to join already and waiting to hear back from them what teams they are interested in.

andymays 12-23-2017 01:31 AM

Borussia Dortmund and Inter Milan filled quickly. Only team left now is Athletic Bilbao (LL). Spots in the league typically fill very quickly so if interested, please let me know ASAP before we are full again and before we get too far into the 2031 offseason.

Zephaerus 12-23-2017 02:06 AM

I applied and would be happy to be in charge of Athletic Bilbao.

andymays 02-03-2018 03:07 PM

UEBA has a couple openings due to GMs not having the time anymore to participate. If you are interested, go to our webpage (https://statsplus.net/ueba/), click "Links" drop-down menu and select "Request to Join Our League" link. Openings typically fill pretty quickly so get your request in if you are interested.

Open teams: Real Sociedad (La Liga), Inter Milan (Serie A) and Napoli (Serie A)

andymays 02-07-2018 05:31 PM

A couple teams have been filled. Still have openings for Real Sociedad (LL) and Inter Milan (SA). Have one request today so may be down to only one team available soon. Contact me if you are interested.

andymays 02-13-2018 11:53 PM

Updated...we have two openings. Great time to take over a team as we are getting close to the end of the current season. You can get to know your team and prepare for the upcoming offseason.

andymays 02-20-2018 03:31 PM

Updated...still have two openings. Torino is now available due to GM inactivity. The two teams available as of right now are Athletic Bilbao (La Liga) and Torino (Serie A). Go to our website (https://statsplus.net/ueba/), click on Links and and click on "Request to Join Our League". Complete that form and you will be contacted quickly. Thanks!

andymays 02-22-2018 09:24 AM

Updated...3 teams available: Borussia Dortmund (BUN), Athletic Bilbao (LL) and Torino (SA).

Had someone interested in joining the league ask me about each team so I put together a quick rundown for him about each team. I included that below in it will help anyone while they look over the league.

Athletic Bilbao:
More a rebuilding project. Although in this league, it is fairy easy to rebuild if you pay attention and make an effort. We have domestic draft, International Free Agents (IFA) and scouting discoveries so it is fairly easy to get good young talent into your minor league system. Team has finish between 6th and 9th all six seasons of the league. Major league roster seems on the younger side with some good young talent already so that should speed up the rebuild process. Minor league system is listed as 5th best (out of 10 teams) in La Liga.

Borussia Dortmund:
This team has historically been bottom of Bundesliga due to an inactive GM. Got an active GM for this season and the team is currently in 6th place. The GM just resigned due to not having the time he thought. More of a rebuild project but does have a few good young pieces to start with. Minor league system is listed as 9th best (out of 10 teams) in Bundesliga. This is probably the biggest challenge of the three teams. If you are up for a challenge and want to test your ability, this team is probably the best for you. Plus I love their team colors and if you are a soccer fan at all, this is the team in real life that has the best US soccer player on it (Christian Pulisic).

Torino:
This team made some bold moves this offseason and then the GM disappeared half way through the season. That has really affected their success this season. They are currently 7th place. This team has two really good SP and can probably compete right away with a few good moves this offseason, which will start the first week of March.

Hope this helps. Hope you are interested in our league and interested in staying long term. We have a great group of GMs and going on almost two real life years of of the league. Many of the GMs have been around since the beginning. We have 20 GMs that were around from the very beginning and another 7 that joined in the first couple seasons of the league. We do not have much turnover which makes for a really enjoyable experience.

andymays 02-22-2018 09:17 PM

Updated...only Torino (SA) is left now.

barracus79 02-26-2018 10:21 PM

Email sent. Is torino still available?