OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3647)
-   -   Photo Project Progress (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=132152)

bigMatt 10-02-2006 01:32 PM

Photo Project Progress

As many of you know, we are well underway with an effort to migrate the zillion boxing-related photos on this board into era-appropriate folders.

The following folders have been completed:

Nutmeg State
Asia/Oceanic

We've divvied up the Missing Photos and Alternate pics threads and are well on our way with them as well. Each of us has taken a section from these threads so as not to overlap.

The guys who have volunteered for the project and are currently working on it are:

a87star
Bear
bigMatt
ConnChris
Romultiltus
SAL
Tosti

All of the pics will be accompanied with boxrec #, weight class and record whenever possible. If the file is a repost, we are crediting the original poster. It will take us a while, but we're making good progress.

Please feel free to continue to post new pics whenever you like, making sure to put them into the appropriate era folder. We'd ask that you size them correctly and add at a very minimum the boxrec info (that way we know WHICH Joe Smith is actually pictured):). If you don't know how to resize a pic, or do not have the means or time to do so, please put your photo in the UNSIZED PHOTOS thread that I just created. We'll take it from there.

Once this project is done, I will create a spreadsheet of what we have so we can begin to put our arms around the collection. Once that is completed, the next mountain to climb will be the ratings (the fun is just beginning!).

If you want to assist in our efforts, send me a PM and I'll put you right to work. :)

Matt

CONN CHRIS 10-02-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigMatt
Once that is completed, the next mountain to climb will be the ratings (the fun is just beginning!).
Matt

You are all doing a great job.

The ratings are a whole different kettle of fish. I would hate to just move them because of all the great write-up and commentary efforts that people have put into posting them.

I am hopeful that we can set up a second data base for user created ratings much like the 'official' one. I will talk with Andreas after we get a little further along with this project.

The bottom line is that I believe any organization of ratings will need much more discussion and input than the photo re-organization needed. I will not be in favor of doing anything on that front if only 10 or 12 members decide to offer comment as happened this time around.

Christopher

Rocco Del Sesto 10-02-2006 08:42 PM

Hi Guys,

I've got some stuff I'm going through looking for photos of guys first that are rated(at least in my data base) and either I don't have a photo or I'm finding one that I think is a good addition to what there already is.

My Question is where should I post these photos? Again, these are going to be ones that have been rated.

Thanks
Rocco

bigMatt 10-02-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocco Del Sesto
Hi Guys,

I've got some stuff I'm going through looking for photos of guys first that are rated(at least in my data base) and either I don't have a photo or I'm finding one that I think is a good addition to what there already is.

My Question is where should I post these photos? Again, these are going to be ones that have been rated.

Thanks
Rocco

Hi Rocco, right now we are not making any distinction in the photo folders. So you would put each photo in the appropriate era folder. Once we get all the photos sorted, we'll figure out how to coordinate the ratings with them.

Thanks

Matt

bear 10-04-2006 03:39 PM

If power ever gets restored to my home I can even resume working on this.
Hopefully it will happen sometime in my lifetime. Perhaps when I get home from work.

Bear

bigMatt 10-04-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear
If power ever gets restored to my home I can even resume working on this.
Hopefully it will happen sometime in my lifetime. Perhaps when I get home from work.

Bear

No worries Bear. I am getting married in 10 days + I have mid-terms next week, so my participation for the next 2-3 weeks will be sparse at best.

Considering that up until last week there was no organization of these photos at all, we are making exceptional progress.

bear 10-07-2006 11:01 AM

Fighters: Fictional thread

Chris
One of my posts has an alternate Rocky Balboa.

I tried to create a new thread in the pic subforum but wasn't allowed to do so.
Please add this thread up there.

Bear

Romultiltus 10-08-2006 12:30 PM

Reposting Photos - Progress

So far, I have completed reposting photos from pages 381-401 of the "Missing Fighters Photos" thread which included a total of 443 pics.

CONN CHRIS 10-08-2006 02:07 PM

My progress to-date:

Matt has me strip-mining threads other than the beast that you all are tackling.

Photos have been moved from the following threads:

Nutmeg State Fighters
Cubedrum's photo pack

New HW Boxers Rated
Alternate Pics
New Non HW Boxers Rated (should be finished later today)

A tad over 850 photos to-date. I may need to take a break from it soon.

CONN CHRIS 10-09-2006 10:22 AM

Starting on the European thread today.

It looks like Bear is making some headway this morning!

We have moved over 2,000 photos at this point, well done folks.

I estimate that there are 10,000 to 11,000 photos in total that need to be moved; 20% in two weeks means that we should be able to finish this by Christmas.

Tosti 10-09-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS (Post 1903228)
Starting on the European thread today.

It looks like Bear is making some headway this morning!

We have moved over 2,000 photos at this point, well done folks.

I estimate that there are 10,000 to 11,000 photos in total that need to be moved; 20% in two weeks means that we should be able to finish this by Christmas.

I am starting to squint.

bear 10-09-2006 08:14 PM

I found this note by Lee Skye addressed to Mark.

Mark

140 pixels=1.944 inches=11.67 picas

In Photoshop look under Image>Image Size
You should see a box pop up that gives you the pixel dimensions at the top as well as the document size below that.

It may help some posters to know the eqivalants.

Bear
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

bear 10-09-2006 08:50 PM

I'm finding some posts now with two pictures for post. In the first case I was able to post each together because of the career start years.

I will have to post each individually to get some cases like this in the correct years at times and it may be preferable to handle instances like this with a single pic at a time for reposting. What do you think?

Bear

bear 10-10-2006 03:40 PM

celebrity boxing pics

I've come across a number of celebrity boxing pics that Vistaman posted but don't seem to have an appropriate folder to post them to.

Bear

CONN CHRIS 10-10-2006 03:58 PM

Bear:

My two cents is that all photos should be posted separately in the proper folders.

As for celebrity boxers, perhaps the fictional folder or not reposted at all.

bigMatt 10-11-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS (Post 1904715)
Bear:

My two cents is that all photos should be posted separately in the proper folders.

Makes sense to me.

bear 10-11-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS (Post 1904715)
Bear:

I separated the two I had posted together and will will move the celebrities to fiction, but not as a priority. Rather would finsish the real fighters first.

Bear

CONN CHRIS 10-12-2006 10:23 PM

Matt:

The photos in the European Fighters and Kinda old news but... threads have been moved and sorted now.

SAL 10-14-2006 01:35 PM

I'm back on the job of moving photos. I just noticed that some pages are missing in the photos with missing files. What happened to them. I'm supposed to be moving any photos in that thread pages 141 to 210 and the current thread only goes to page 154.

CONN CHRIS 10-14-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAL (Post 1910936)
I'm back on the job of moving photos. I just noticed that some pages are missing in the photos with missing files. What happened to them. I'm supposed to be moving any photos in that thread pages 141 to 210 and the current thread only goes to page 154.

Found it Scot.

Go to control panel and 'edit options'

About half-way down, you should see this:

Quote:

<LEGEND><LABEL for=sel_umaxposts>Number of Posts to Show Per Page</LABEL></LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.</TD></TR><TR><TD><SELECT id=sel_umaxposts name=umaxposts> <OPTION value=-1 selected>Use Forum Default</OPTION> <OPTION class="" value=5>Show 5 Posts Per Page</OPTION> <OPTION class="" value=10>Show 10 Posts Per Page</OPTION> <OPTION class="" value=20>Show 20 Posts Per Page</OPTION> <OPTION class="" value=30>Show 30 Posts Per Page</OPTION> <OPTION class="" value=40>Show 40 Posts Per Page</OPTION> <OPTION class="" value=50>Show 50 Posts Per Page</OPTION></SELECT> <LABEL for=sel_umaxposts>Number of Posts to Show Per Page:</LABEL> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Your's must be set to something other than 'default'