OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - Beta Data Issues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3860)
-   -   National Hockey League/American Hockey League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=228612)

JeffR 03-03-2013 01:34 AM

National Hockey League/American Hockey League

Researchers:

NHL: Mike Farkas, JeffR
AHL: binkers87

Michael Farkas 03-03-2013 11:13 AM

Guys,

Hello, thank you for your future comments and, more importantly, your patience. It's my goal to get the NHL as accurately portrayed as humanly possible. Right now, there is only a very rough outline out of how the NHL will turn out. Changes will be made in waves on an individual level as time goes on.

I'll try to keep you guys updated as to my progress as it moves along. Thanks and enjoy!

JeffR 03-04-2013 12:50 AM

And I should point out that most of the problems you'll find with the NHL's current state are my fault, not Mike's: I only turned it over to him a month or so ago, so he's not had time to take a really good run at fixing what I got wrong.

sting004 03-04-2013 07:15 PM

Is this thread meant for all database issues?

Example: Colin greening is an LW in real life not a C.

Or.. Erik karlsson is poorly portrayed in terms of ratings?

benspit 03-04-2013 07:16 PM

Well, first data error straight off the bat!

Edmonton - Sam Gagner: listed as a RW but should be C

ctid 03-04-2013 07:17 PM

NHL players, current and potential ability

Game looks great and I'm sure you guys will be overloaded with comments and question. Let me me get the ball rolling:

How have you guys rated the NHL players, or players in general? what scale/baseline have you used?

I'm trying the game out in commissioner mode and can edit the players, I can see that players "offensive" and "defensive" attributes where I notice an offensive potential 0-1000 value and correspondingly for the defensive potential attributes. I presume the overall potential ability of a player is a combined calculation of these two values?

But how have you decided on these values for the players? I guess, that is my question.

Fiddie 03-04-2013 07:35 PM

Edmonton Oilers

Eberle, Hartikanen, Petrell listed as C's should be LW's

Ganger, Lander, Nugent-Hopkins, Vande-Velde listed as RW should be C

JeffR 03-04-2013 07:42 PM

Most of the position ratings are based on actual usage last season, so they may not be quite up-to-the-minute. Gagner, for example, spent more time on Eberle or Belanger's wing last year than he did centering lines.

JeffR 03-04-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctid (Post 3455468)
I'm trying the game out in commissioner mode and can edit the players, I can see that players "offensive" and "defensive" attributes where I notice an offensive potential 0-1000 value and correspondingly for the defensive potential attributes. I presume the overall potential ability of a player is a combined calculation of these two values?

Basically, the 0-1000 number works as a percentage of the 20-point scale - so 800 means his attributes in that category will, if he reaches his potential, average 16.

The whole ratings system is a bit complicated to get into right at the moment (the player section of the simplified ratings guide runs about a dozen pages and isn't complete), but I'll start posting more details as time permits.

Daletiel 03-04-2013 07:47 PM

Toronto's Tim Connolly has an in-game contract value of $525k/$310.5k (NHL/AHL) for 2012-13, when his actual contract value is $4M and doesn't change if he's buried in the minors according to CapGeek.

redcomet 03-04-2013 07:48 PM

There are two Mattias Sjogren's on the Hershey Bears. One has an umlaut on the o in his last name and the other doesn't.

Orioles1966 03-04-2013 07:54 PM

ECHL has Fort Wayne Komets in wrong division.

benspit 03-04-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 3455532)
Most of the position ratings are based on actual usage last season, so they may not be quite up-to-the-minute. Gagner, for example, spent more time on Eberle or Belanger's wing last year than he did centering lines.

Ah I see and, in fact, I seem to remember you mentioning this before. Is there a plan to alter those positions based on those identified on nhl.com/individual team websites?

Edster007 03-04-2013 08:04 PM

Started in 71-72 the North Stars are abbreviated DAL I guess the move was already in the works :)

ctid 03-04-2013 08:04 PM

Actual games

ok...this may seem like a stupid question. But how on earth do you watch the games with the text flashing for key situations?

Right now, all it does is skip the games and tells me if i won or lost??

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

However, the whole screen is not showing. Anybody else have that problem?

Suica 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not, but under Unsigned Draftees there are repeats of certain prospects for some teams.

I've compiled a list of the names and if you need them please notify me.

JeffR 03-04-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edster007 (Post 3455581)
Started in 71-72 the North Stars are abbreviated DAL I guess the move was already in the works :)

Ugh, it's still doing that? That was supposed to be fixed, we'll check it.

JeffR 03-04-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suica (Post 3455628)
I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not, but under Unsigned Draftees there are repeats of certain prospects for some teams.

I've compiled a list of the names and if you need them please notify me.

I think I know what it is, it looks like some prospects I added on the weekend went in twice while we were updating the data. Shouldn't be hard to fix, thanks for the alert.

speels 03-04-2013 08:32 PM

Toronto Maple Leafs -- unsigned prospects

There are 2 D. Toninatos

I guess I should have updated my page before posting :)

JeffR 03-04-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speels (Post 3455656)
Toronto Maple Leafs -- unsigned prospects

There are 2 D. Toninatos

I guess I should have updated my page before posting :)

Yup, it's the same thing. The good news is, Malte says they'll be easy to purge out of the database.