OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   2044 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303672)

W0rmzbr0 05-28-2019 10:02 PM

2044 - General Discussion

The new season has brought mediocrity for both of my teams in the early going.

The Hoboken Zephyrs are in P403, which is home to a total of 19 Perfect Series championships among all competing. After an impressive showing last season in league that had only 2 PS championships, the Zephyrs are sitting at 22-25 and feeling the heat in a division that has 3 teams that have previously gone all the way (Ann Arbor Space Cadets, Real Madrid Club de Beisbol, and Asshai Shadows). They're doing 3 games better than their Pyhtag record, so hopefully that sort of luck will keep them afloat so they can stay in Perfect in 2045.

The Port Washington Pack Rats are in D395 and sit at 22-24. Some stellar individual efforts in the early going, but not much else. Live Bryce Harper currently leads the league in HRs with 17 and Old Hoss Radbourn has already amassed 2.9 WAR in 11 starts.

Just checked the streaks page in D395 and saw that someone's Anthony Rendon is on an active 17-game RBI streak, which equals the MLB record. Wonder how many PP that's worth...

Dunzie 05-29-2019 03:01 PM

This week has been a disaster for all three of my teams. Blue got off to a rockin start and then went on to lose at an alarming clip. We are fourth in the division now and not even in the hunt for a WC spot. Still fairly early but this team has never lost this much.

Gold is 6 games over 500 but in a tough division so doesn’t look good. Red recently got out of a huge funk so they’re in the hunt for relegation at this point.

Yikes. What a week so far!

W0rmzbr0 05-29-2019 03:21 PM

Shocked to find that the Zephyrs are now 32-31, despite a -42 run differential. At least they're definitely not one of the bottom 4 teams in the league at this point in time. Not really banking on contending for a WC spot here.

Pack Rats sit at 29-33. Hoss got lit up for 3 straight starts, though did have a good effort his last time on the hill, so maybe he's figured it out. Live Harper with 20 HRs leading the league.

KleineBiere 05-30-2019 06:50 AM

Half Time P409

https://s17.directupload.net/images/190530/usnc7oio.png

sharknut 05-31-2019 01:02 PM

I pulled a perfect Koufax. He gave up 5 in the first without getting an out in his first game today

Because of course.

Findest2001 05-31-2019 01:38 PM

I had the unlucky fortune of having 2 of my teams within not only the same league, but the same division. In gold I have 2 teams, my Future Legends team which is currently up for relegation for a second year in a row, and my non-theme team which is on the bubble for relegation for a second year in a row. I feel bad enough having a team relegated 2 years consecutively (no, not tanking, just playing terribly), but I also feel bad that my TWO teams are so badly that they're giving points to all the other teams. Just in the last 2 RL days those 2 teams have been:
-No hit against
-Perfect game against
-28-1 loss which had a 13-run inning
-4 CG SHO Against
-2 cycles
-SEVEN 5-hit games against

So, yeah. Not doing too well.
My third team is on the bubble for relegation, too. Worst season by a longshot. I have no idea how to recover from 2 teams being relegated 2 seasons in a row, and my team that made diamond will be relegated to silver...

I'm pretty sure I should give up. I don't think I can right this sinking ship

W0rmzbr0 05-31-2019 07:35 PM

Hoboken Zephyrs are starting play more like their talent level and now sit at 57-65. Currently 10 games above relegation level, so I feel pretty good they'll remain in Perfect in 2045.

Pack Rats just can't get anything going this season. They're at 59-63, but at least they have a positive run differential. May try tweaking the field a little bit next season to try to help my pitchers out. This team had been fairly bad pitching and defense-wise since inception, so they could probably use an update commensurate with the current talent on the field.

Dunzie 05-31-2019 11:26 PM

Well the second half of this week is turning around it seems at least for my Blue Gryphons. Suddenly back up to top spot in the NC Central in P404. After a May that saw them go 11-16 and drop to fourth, they have had back to back 17-8 months to climb back out of the funk. Hopefully it keeps up.

Golds are clinging to the second wildcard spot in the AC after going 9-15 in their last stretch. Not good.

And Reds? Well they aren't in the relegation spot, but half way between there and the WC I guess is about what I'll get from this team the way it's constructed. Can't quite afford any significant upgrade on either side of the ball right now. A couple players short of being able to be more consistently competitive at Perfect.

sharknut 06-01-2019 02:20 PM

Is '19 running REALLY slow for everyone today? '20 works fine, but '19 is super laggy.

Dunzie 06-01-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharknut (Post 4496042)
Is '19 running REALLY slow for everyone today? '20 works fine, but '19 is super laggy.

Haven’t been able to check in today because I’ve been on the road. Will check shortly.

Findest2001 06-01-2019 10:08 PM

That's one balanced toad...

Dunzie 06-02-2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Findest2001 (Post 4496210)
That's one balanced toad...

That balanced toad is a combination of my poor tired old eyes and typing on an iPhone browser screen... :laugh:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...1jDTUf43WkCxAA

Findest2001 06-02-2019 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunzie (Post 4496269)
That balanced toad is a combination of my poor tired old eyes and typing on an iPhone browser screen... :laugh:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...1jDTUf43WkCxAA

Drugs are bad...mmmkay? But licking toads is cool, just FYI. :)

DrTobiasFunke 06-03-2019 01:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The Sidewinders fell in 6 games of D367 conference championships, so they will looking at their 11th diamond league season tomorrow. On the brightside, they have made the playoffs 4 of the previous 5 seasons and only finished under 86 wins once in the past 7, so we're definitely pounding on the door.

Pretty proud of the roster, as we only have 1 diamond player and still roster 5 silvers and a bronze. Team construction focusing on speed, defense and gap power has proven pretty effective.

Attachment 629658

Pitching wise, the great knuckleballer experiment has worked more often than not (Except for the RA Dickey phase), while Satchel Paige has anchored the rotation. In relief, Frank Tanana and Vic Raschi have been pretty solid overall as stoppers, and with 5 starters in relief I haven't seen much evidence that I'm getting hurt by pitcher fatigue.

Attachment 629657

As for the offense, I might not even need that one diamond card, as outside of golden glove awards, A-Rod has been a disappointment more often than not at 1st base. The adventures of George Vukovich continue as backup OF, albeit with much less playtime than his prime pre-diamond days. All together pretty happy with my FTP effort, and with some luck might get to see these guys relegated from a perfect league someday.

Westheim 06-03-2019 01:54 AM

The Raccoons made the Gold Level playoffs for the fourth straight year, ever since being relegated, and finally pushed through back to Diamond. Of course they dropped the Gold Series in five games. :rolleyes:

All these years - and only one championship…!

JasonC23 06-03-2019 02:34 AM

First Perfect League Title!

1 Attachment(s)
In 2044, the Huntley Red Raiders made their 18th appearance in the Perfect Team 19 playoffs (once each in Silver, Gold, and Diamond, and 15 times in Perfect Leagues). Having come up empty in their first 17 trips to the playoffs, with only 2 (unsuccessful) Series appearances to their name (once in Silver and once in Perfect), little was expected of the 95-win P409 Wild Card entry. But the 18th time was the charm, as the Red Raiders shocked the 105-win Yakety Yaks in the Division Series, the 98-win Malibu Waverunners in the Sub-League Series, and the 100-win San Francisco 49ers in the Perfect League Series to capture their first PT19 title! It was an incredible, unexpected, unforgettable run.

Dunzie 06-03-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrTobiasFunke (Post 4496703)
The Sidewinders fell in 6 games of D367 conference championships, so they will looking at their 11th diamond league season tomorrow. On the brightside, they have made the playoffs 4 of the previous 5 seasons and only finished under 86 wins once in the past 7, so we're definitely pounding on the door.

Pretty proud of the roster, as we only have 1 diamond player and still roster 5 silvers and a bronze. Team construction focusing on speed, defense and gap power has proven pretty effective.

Well done... that's impressive and to me takes more skill than just buying the best players with cash.

Dunzie 06-03-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonC23 (Post 4496714)
In 2044, the Huntley Red Raiders made their 18th appearance in the Perfect Team 19 playoffs (once each in Silver, Gold, and Diamond, and 15 times in Perfect Leagues). Having come up empty in their first 17 trips to the playoffs, with only 2 (unsuccessful) Series appearances to their name (once in Silver and once in Perfect), little was expected of the 95-win P409 Wild Card entry. But the 18th time was the charm, as the Red Raiders shocked the 105-win Yakety Yaks in the Division Series, the 98-win Malibu Waverunners in the Sub-League Series, and the 100-win San Francisco 49ers in the Perfect League Series to capture its first PT19 title! It was an incredible, unexpected, unforgettable run.

Awesome. I've matched up with most of those teams in past and without question you didn't have an easy path to the Championship by any stretch. Many congrats!!!

chazzycat 06-03-2019 02:51 PM

My "Humboldt Green" team (a weed reference) was randomly assigned to perfect league #420 last week. They had a great season, and made it all the way to the world series...only to lose in 7 games.

SO FRIGGIN CLOSE!! Man. I have never rooted harder to win a single game. But it was not to be.

sharknut 06-09-2019 02:38 PM

Just swept 1st round series. In game 3....I scored in the top of the 10th, they scored in the bottom. I scored in the top of the 18th...... and so did they. I scored in the top of the 21st!!!!!!!....and finally won it.

Time of the game, 8 hours, 3 minutes.

Has anyone ever played a longer game?