OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   48 team, 41 game schedule request (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=189219)

stevebydac 10-04-2009 12:24 PM

48 team, 41 game schedule request

Hi :).

I'm creating a US league, one team per state (excluding AL & HI). Here's my request please, if it can be done. 41 game schedule.

• One league/8 div/6 teams each = 48 teams.
  • season starts after June draft, so highly-talented draftees could actually play in the majors immediately
  • one series per week
  • One 4-game series vs. all 5 divisional opponents (20 games) and one 3-game series vs. 7 non-divisional opponents (1 series per division = 7 series x 3 games = 21 games)
  • season starts with two divisional series (2 x 4) then come the seven non-divisional series (7 x 3) then finishes with three divisional series (3 x 4)
  • 6 home series/ 6 away series
  • 3-game series are Fri. night/Sat. day/ Sun. day. 4-game series adds Thurs night game.
  • All-star game is at end of season, preferably after playoffs (can that be done? if not put it at the end of the reg. season). My playoffs are 1st Round: 3-game, 2nd Round: 5-game, Final: 5-game.
  • Rotation of non-divisional teams: I'd like to play mostly different non-divisional teams each year. I don't know how you do this, but maybe you can set the first-place team of Div A to play the third-place team of Div B the following year, etc. In this manner, I'm probably playing only one or two of the same non-divisional teams I played the prior year.
  • This would be cool, but it is not necessary if if too difficult to construct: the final series of every year is versus the same rival divisional team. Ex. Yankees-Red Sox, Giants-Dodgers, etc. finish every season against each other.
Thank you so much! :)

gmo 10-05-2009 11:13 PM

I assume you mean a June 15 draft, so starting a few days after that.

The All-Star Game has to be attached to the regular season and cannot be after the playoffs. As just mentioned in another thread I cannot say the behavior of the game in some situations with the ASG set at the end of the regular season.

Year-to-year rotation of opponents is done by the game with a method I do not know. So interdivision opponents will be mixed up and are likely to be mostly different from one year to the next. That works on the division games too though, so the same opponent for the last series each year cannot be prescribed.

stevebydac 10-06-2009 06:10 AM

Hi gmo, thanks for helping me. :thumbup1:

All-Star game: I understand your comment. Since my season's so short, it's kinda crazy to have an All-Star game after 20 games. So let's schedule it just before the last series of the year. In that way, it makes the last 7-10 days of the season a real "event", with the All-Stars playing and then the potentially crucial last series of the regular season.

I just thought of something - I requested "one league" -- but is it possible to have an All-Star game with one league? Does the game pit half the divisions against the other in that case? :confused: I do prefer one league, but if that makes an All-Star game impossible, makes two sub-leagues of four divisions each instead. I do want an All-Star game.

And thanks for explaining the other point. :)

gmo 10-06-2009 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#
# 48 team schedule, 41 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleagues with 8 divisions, each with 6 teams
#
#
# 4 games against 5 other teams in division (4H or 4A)
# 3 games against 1 team from each other division in league (3H or 3A)
#
#
# All teams play one weekend series per week
# Division series are 4-game, Thu-Sun
# Interdivision series are 3-game, Fri-Sun
#
# With 41 games teams do not have even split of home & away games
# Teams play either 21/20 or 20/21 games home/away
# 12/8 division & 9/12 interdivision or 8/12 division & 12/9 interdivision
#
# Series run across 12 weeks as:
# Two division series, all 7 interdivision series, last 3 division series
#
# No attention paid to homestand/roadtrip lengths
# Teams may play almost all home or away games on schedule consecutively
#
# All Thu & Fri game times set at 7:05pm
# All Sat & Sun game times set at 2:05pm
#
# Season begins first Thursday on or after June 18
# Season thus early/mid-September
#
# All-Star Game set for Tuesday of last week of season
#

gmo 10-06-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebydac (Post 2833647)
is it possible to have an All-Star game with one league? Does the game pit half the divisions against the other in that case?

This is correct, if there are an even number of divisions in the one league. In former versions the game required two subleagues for an ASG, but that has been relaxed to the point described.

stevebydac 10-07-2009 08:41 AM

Fantastic! Thank you SO much. Great work gmo! Best wishes my friend. :thumbup: