OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - New to the Game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3964)
-   -   Oh boy...What did I do to my game settings? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=310361)

ALB123 02-14-2020 11:51 PM

Oh boy...What did I do to my game settings?

Hi there. I've been having a disastrous season and I've been in panic mode trying to trade before the deadline hits. I'm pretty sure I play the game with pretty much all default settings. Anyway, I used to get trade proposals from other teams now and then, but in my panic mode I did something that all of a sudden, I was getting trade offers every day, sometimes multiple offers on the same day. I'm certain that I had searched the online manual and the great Google overlords trying to get more offers. But, I can't remember exactly what or where, but I'm pretty sure I did something in my game which supposedly would "increase the likelihood the AI teams would offer/initiate trades" with me. I finally made it past the Trade Deadline, so I can go back to auto-playing a week at a time instead of it auto-stopping every single day. But, I'm worried I'm going to get an overflow of trade offers next season because of what I must have done. I didn't do anything in Commissioner Mode. That much I know. Any ideas?

While I was looking everywhere I could to try and rectify my problem above, I must have screwed something up by enabling/disabling a command. Now, any time I right-click on one of my players I get the options, Clone Player, Retire Player and Delete Player. Those options definitely weren't there previously. My right-click menu on a player's name always ended with Trade Options and then Transactions. What the heck did I do?! How can I get those 3 options to disappear from my menu? Anyone? Class...Anyone??

BirdWatcher 02-15-2020 09:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm not quite sure what is going on with what you describe in this first paragraph. Obviously, as you approach the trading deadline the numbers of offers coming in from other teams will ramp up. But perhaps you are also getting more offers because you identified needs for your team that other teams are trying to respond to?
Here are some screenshots to show this. Anything in the circled area in the second screen in your game?
Attachment 673252
Attachment 673253

As for the second paragraph, well, intentionally or not I'm sure this means you are currently playing as commissioner.
Check here:
Attachment 673254

Is Play in Commissioner Mode checked? Uncheck if you don't want those options showing up anymore.

mitchkenn 02-15-2020 12:52 PM

did you perhaps uncheck the box to allow trades? i did that (or the game did it for me) a couple of times, and that made the trade option disappear from the profile page. Not certain, but something to check. Not at my game computer - so can't look to see where that setting is exactly, but it is somewhere in the league settings ..... good luck in getting it resolved.

ALB123 02-16-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdWatcher (Post 4587182)
But perhaps you are also getting more offers because you identified needs for your team that other teams are trying to respond to?
Here are some screenshots to show this. Anything in the circled area in the second screen in your game?
Attachment 673252
Attachment 673253

As for the second paragraph, well, intentionally or not I'm sure this means you are currently playing as commissioner.
Check here:
Attachment 673254

Thank you so much! You were correct on both counts. OOTP is still so overwhelming to me and I play so slowly (because I can never find what I'm looking for LOL) I often forget that I did something as in the case of adding Team Needs and putting players on the Block...

The Commissioner Mode -- I don't even remember clicking to enable the mode. I have no clue how or why I did that. LOL

Again, thank you, very much.