OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 6 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3971)
-   -   Quick Questions Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=307302)

Adam B 10-11-2019 10:40 PM

Quick Questions Thread

It's been a while since we've had one of these posts, but it seems like a good idea now. If you're having any questions regarding Franchise Hockey Manager 6, rather than create a brand new post, feel free to ask a question here!

That being said, if you notice an issue or bug, please make sure to report it in the Bug Forum.

Example:

Where can I find a Mod for (Fill in the Blank Here)?

A: Right Here.

beezer2434 10-11-2019 11:39 PM

Ive asked this before..but cant find it in this version:

In historical mode, where can i see upcoming draft eligible players, and when are they visible?

Adam B 10-11-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beezer2434 (Post 4546762)
Ive asked this before..but cant find it in this version:

In historical mode, where can i see upcoming draft eligible players, and when are they visible?

If you have the ability to draft them turned on, they appear as Free Agents.

jldante56 10-12-2019 08:38 AM

Any way to change the date of the draft lottery so it’s not the day before the draft?

Herolover12 10-12-2019 09:12 AM

How to tell the average rating for an attribute in the league. Example, I have a LD with 14 in positioning. What is the leagues avg score for defensemen?

Bigdummie 10-12-2019 09:53 AM

pre season games

Is there any way to have a unlimited NHL roster so I can play my prospects, recent draft picks, ect so I can have a clue on setting my final roster prior to regular season? Thanks.

renojedi 10-12-2019 10:04 AM

Is there away to edit a player's history?

When I start with an expansion team, my workaround for the entry draft is to take players from other teams. I would like to edit the history screen so I can change the drafting team to my new team.

Savoie45 10-12-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdummie (Post 4546901)
Is there any way to have a unlimited NHL roster so I can play my prospects, recent draft picks, ect so I can have a clue on setting my final roster prior to regular season? Thanks.

I know the rosters don't have to be at 23 during pre season, so I not sure what you mean by "unlimited". I generally just dress the prospects that are closest to being NHL ready.

Adam B 10-12-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jldante56 (Post 4546883)
Any way to change the date of the draft lottery so it’s not the day before the draft?

No. It hasn't really been something a lot of people have asked for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herolover12 (Post 4546893)
How to tell the average rating for an attribute in the league. Example, I have a LD with 14 in positioning. What is the leagues avg score for defensemen?

I don't think you can exactly do this, but you could use the Search bar at the top of the main screen (click on the magnifying glass) and say look at all the D in your given league by searching it and then using the arrow keys to get a quick glance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by renojedi (Post 4546904)
Is there away to edit a player's history?

When I start with an expansion team, my workaround for the entry draft is to take players from other teams. I would like to edit the history screen so I can change the drafting team to my new team.

Not currently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savoie45 (Post 4546914)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdummie (Post 4546901)

I know the rosters don't have to be at 23 during pre season, so I not sure what you mean by "unlimited". I generally just dress the prospects that are closest to being NHL ready.

Rosters are unlimited during the preseason, but you still can't have more than 50 contracts on a team. If you don't have someone signed (say a prospect), you can offer than a PTO to come to camp.

Colorado 10-12-2019 12:08 PM

Do goalies ever get pulled in games??

Bigdummie 10-12-2019 12:31 PM

I am having a brain cramp, how do I set the lineups, I have tried drag & drop right/left clicking. I do have me in the coach options to set the lineups. Sorry to ask a dumb question.

JeffR 10-12-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado (Post 4546944)
Do goalies ever get pulled in games??

Yes. The frequency will vary according to the head coach's preferences.

Savoie45 10-12-2019 12:42 PM

Not a question, but a suggestion...add a fan morale boost for making the playoffs, since there's a drop in fan morale for a playoff series loss.

Adam B 10-12-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdummie (Post 4546957)
I am having a brain cramp, how do I set the lineups, I have tried drag & drop right/left clicking. I do have me in the coach options to set the lineups. Sorry to ask a dumb question.

If you have a fastspring version, there is an issue with drag and drop currently that we are working on fixing. Right now you have to click in the checkmark boxes and then click on the lineup spot.

Colorado 10-12-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam B (Post 4546966)
If you have a fastspring version, there is an issue with drag and drop currently that we are working on fixing. Right now you have to click in the checkmark boxes and then click on the lineup spot.

Also need to dress the players you want to play first - first column on roster screen. It can be tricky to see at first.

Shadow4u 10-12-2019 04:37 PM

Player protected list

I am getting ready for the expansion draft and the manual reads teams will automatically protect players. How many do they protect ? on the league rules screen it defaults to -90-. I have no idea what this means ? Teams don't have that many players to protect. Need a bit of help here - - thanks.
ie; can we set how many players teams will protect for the draft as in past versions such as 15 or 18 etc...

hoverdonkey 10-12-2019 06:34 PM

Hi all, I have a question that is probably so obvious. I'm trying to play my first pre-season game but I'm getting the error message that there are not enough goalies. I have slotted two goalies into my starting line-up so at a bit of a loss of what to do. What am I missing? Thanks in advance :)

Savoie45 10-12-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoverdonkey (Post 4547101)
Hi all, I have a question that is probably so obvious. I'm trying to play my first pre-season game but I'm getting the error message that there are not enough goalies. I have slotted two goalies into my starting line-up so at a bit of a loss of what to do. What am I missing? Thanks in advance :)

Are they dressed? Is one playing International games?

JT_Dutch 10-12-2019 08:26 PM

When looking for team staff, is there any way to sort trainer candidates by Trainer Skill on the Free Agent menu?

***Never mind, I found it. It's labeled "Physio," which is why I didn't catch it at first.

rain94 10-12-2019 11:35 PM

I saw an older video of FHM, I think it was FHM3, there was a momentum meter that swung back and forth during the game. I don't see that in FHM6. Was it removed? And if so, is momentum still modeled in the background for the simulation engine?