OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Schedule Request for a 32 Team League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=189638)

rabbitzk749 10-15-2009 11:30 PM

Schedule Request for a 32 Team League

This league is my recreation (with some obvious changes) of my high school years. Basically I took 4 teams from 8 different leagues across the Bay Area.

Notes:

• 32 Teams Total
  • 2 Leagues (North and South)
  • 4 Divisions in Each League
  • 4 Teams in Each Division
Looking For:
  • Schedule around 40 Games (max of 45 or so) in the Regular Season. Whatever is a good number for the developer.
  • Season begins around April 1st.
  • Hopefully only like 4 games a week with enough rest in between. Something like (Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat) or whatever you come up with.
  • Games to be played during the day, with the weekend games being at or around 7:00 p.m. If that's too tough then make all games being played at or around 3:00 p.m.
  • All 1 game series.
  • Inter league is not very important.
  • Divisional games are the most crucial.
  • All-Star Game not needed but would be nice.
  • Playoffs would be Winner of Each Division (8) and the settings being 1-1-1 (Home-Away-Home) in a 3 game series for all 3 playoff rounds.
If there are any other details you need from me, please let me know

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gmo 10-17-2009 03:29 PM

There are a couple of different choices where I think it would work well either way, so I wanted to get your input on which way to go.

First off, I foresee 36 total league games. That would allow for 4 interleague games (and thus 40 total games) or 8 interleague games (and thus 44 total games). Which would you prefer?

For the league games, one option is going predominantly division with 8 games against each division opponent and only 1 game against each other league opponent, and the other option would be 4 games against each division opponent and 2 games against each other league opponent. Which would you prefer?

To possibly make it even more confusing, there is a completely separate option if you would like it as opposed to any of the above - no interleague, 42 games total with 6 per division opponent and 2 per other league opponent.

rabbitzk749 10-19-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 2841499)
There are a couple of different choices where I think it would work well either way, so I wanted to get your input on which way to go.

First off, I foresee 36 total league games. That would allow for 4 interleague games (and thus 40 total games) or 8 interleague games (and thus 44 total games). Which would you prefer?

For the league games, one option is going predominantly division with 8 games against each division opponent and only 1 game against each other league opponent, and the other option would be 4 games against each division opponent and 2 games against each other league opponent. Which would you prefer?

To possibly make it even more confusing, there is a completely separate option if you would like it as opposed to any of the above - no interleague, 42 games total with 6 per division opponent and 2 per other league opponent.

This would make most sense to me, Keep the games within their respectable leagues..so no inter league matchups with the majority of games being played within their own division. THANKS GMO!

gmo 10-19-2009 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#
# 32 team schedule, 42 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues, each with 4 divisions, each with 4 teams
#
#
# 6 games against 3 other teams in division (3H/3A)
# 2 games against 12 other teams in subleague (1H/1A)
# no interleague games
#
#
# All games are in 1-game series
# Games played only Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
# Weekend games are mostly the division games
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 6 games
#
# All Monday & Wednesday game times set at 2:05pm
# All Friday & Saturday game times set at 7:05pm
#