OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3900)
-   -   Preventing Game From Adding Fictional Players (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=261061)

MarkJ 12-19-2015 07:07 PM

Preventing Game From Adding Fictional Players

I just spent months making a fictional game composed entirely of major league players who had only one appearance in a major league game in their careers--think Moonlight Graham, only there were over 900 such players, according to Baseballreference.com's "cup of coffee" page. Anyway, I ran a simulation of a complete season, and after the playoffs I ran the sim forward one week. Oddly enough, every single team dumped most of the players from the active list to the reserve list, keeping in general the lower end players, AND the game added a whole slew of fictional players to the free agent list. I figure the teams will, by "next" season, put the better players back on the active roster, but fictional players kind of defeats the purpose of the sim, which is to let those poor guys with only one game get some regular playing time, no matter how ephemeral. I know there is some way to prevent the game from adding fictional players but dang if I can find it. As for the ones already there, I can laboriously go through the list and find the ones that don't have a "historical stats" tab on their edit page, and delete them. Any suggestions?

The Game 12-20-2015 12:16 PM

Thought there was an option not to create any new players unless it is for the draft ut i am in the offseason of my league and do not see it. Maybe it is only available in Preseason or it doesn't exist or I am not looking in the proper location.

stl jason 12-20-2015 08:00 PM

not sure if it will solve the issue, but can't hurt:

on the players tab, set all of the following to 'none':

-generate international amateur free agents
-international scouting discoveries
-generate international established free agents
-generate free agents from independent leagues

tenthreeleader 01-15-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkJ (Post 3964164)
I know there is some way to prevent the game from adding fictional players but dang if I can find it.

Try Game Settings/League Settings/Rules/Minor League Settings. Check "block fictional player from reaching majors". They would still be free agents but my understanding is they would never take the places of the players in your league.

Sounds like a great league idea! Good luck!

BrewCrew1025 01-30-2016 11:59 PM

The easiest way to accomplish this is to allow incomplete minor league rosters as well as do what was said above with international free agents.

Go to league settings, Rules, and then "allow incomplete minor league rosters (ghost players)"