OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   OOTP Logo Creator and Color Code Filename Builder (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=246081)

justafan 07-16-2014 03:01 AM

Pickoff - Logo Creator and Color Code Filename Builder

1 Attachment(s)
Latest version 1.2.2.0

Formerly the OOTP Logo Color Code Filename Builder is now called Pickoff. Thanks Raidergoo for the name idea.
I really needed to shorten that name.
http://s25.postimg.org/yxye5i60v/Boxshot_Pickoff_sm.png
That's right, now you can create logos too.

There are 2 styles (Simple and Glossy), 2 borders (single and double), 6 shapes (Circle, Circle 2, Square, Rounded Corners, Home Plate, and Metallic), and 54 patterns.

Easy to use

Select a folder with prepared images (transparent). You can find many here in this forum. I recommend cephasjames huge collection. Then select style, border, shape, and pattern preferences, drag the eyedropper for color 1 (background) then drag the eyedropper for color 2 (text color), then save the logo.

You can also set the default logo folder and save folder.

NEW: Text options , 3rd Color option added and optional Automatic Updating.

This program is freeware and I hope you find it useful.

Hardware requirements

Processor
Minimum: 1 GHz
Recommended: 1 GHz

RAM
Minimum: 512 MB
Recommended: 512 MB

Disk space (minimum)
32-bit: 850 MB
64-bit: 2 GB

Operating system
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional

Additional Software Requirements
Microsoft Internet Explorer: 6.0 or later

Download HERE

Please report any bugs or suggestions.

chemkid 07-16-2014 05:31 AM

wow! just WOW! i'm speechless... thank you very much!

StLee 07-16-2014 05:56 AM

Everything looks great!

StLee 07-16-2014 06:25 AM

I have a suggestion. Please make it possible to copy and paste the hex and RGB colors so that I can pull color schemes from other logos for making a new one.

Jabez54 07-16-2014 07:05 AM

JUSTAFANTASTIC !!!!
:club:

Jabez54 07-16-2014 07:08 AM

Just call it: Justafan's Builder/Creator Logo ;)

It worked well with the other Baseball games, as well ... I just happened to be the one mate, who played with several Baseball Games ... with OOTP, as the Main Plate ... ;):D ... with an occasional deserts, for different flavors, from time to time ... Fantastic gem to use for any games ... EXCELLENT tool, my friend!!! ... many thanks for your time and an unbelievable contribution to the OOTP Mod World!!!

Hockey13Playa 07-16-2014 12:32 PM

Now only if there was a jersey creator/builder if that as well at the logo builder worked on Mac! :D

tripleF 07-16-2014 12:50 PM

An outstanding tool!!!

Just about any image can be turned into a great looking logo in under a minute, and it's really easy to use too...

Thanks a lot for sharing this.

micropterus58 07-16-2014 01:15 PM

This tool is excellent. As a programmer myself, I appreciate the work. You have just put yourself and other logo makers out of work.:laugh: This will be used by veterans and rookies alike. It is well thought out and intuitive. I agree with StLee's suggestion to copy and paste RGB/Hex values. I do have one suggestion. Add the option to use custom backgrounds using a folder like the logo folder. Of course you can't change the background image colors but changing the opacity would be good.

ThatSeventiesGuy 07-16-2014 01:25 PM

Seems files have to be 150x150 .png files with transparent backgrounds. Makes some of my beloved minor league historical logos a bit difficult, but about anything fictional will probably work. Amazing program, thanks for sharing it!

cheo25 07-16-2014 01:31 PM

Awesome stuff! Thanks, justafan!

ThatSeventiesGuy 07-16-2014 01:43 PM

I think I'm gonna have to buy a mouse to use the "mouse wheel to resize" feature. My poor old keypad doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard. Any non-mouse users know a way around it?

justafan 07-16-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLee (Post 3723364)
I have a suggestion. Please make it possible to copy and paste the hex and RGB colors so that I can pull color schemes from other logos for making a new one.

I did think about adding that, but thought no one would use it. I guess I was wrong. I'll see what I can do.

justafan 07-16-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micropterus58 (Post 3723535)
This tool is excellent. As a programmer myself, I appreciate the work. You have just put yourself and other logo makers out of work.:laugh: This will be used by veterans and rookies alike. It is well thought out and intuitive. I agree with StLee's suggestion to copy and paste RGB/Hex values. I do have one suggestion. Add the option to use custom backgrounds using a folder like the logo folder. Of course you can't change the background image colors but changing the opacity would be good.

I'm not sure what you mean about backgrounds. Do you mean using an image as a texture?

justafan 07-16-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy (Post 3723543)
Seems files have to be 150x150 .png files with transparent backgrounds. Makes some of my beloved minor league historical logos a bit difficult, but about anything fictional will probably work. Amazing program, thanks for sharing it!

They do need to be PNG's at this time, but I'll see what I can do about that. They don't have to be 150x150 though, the program automatically scales them to fit.

justafan 07-16-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy (Post 3723560)
I think I'm gonna have to buy a mouse to use the "mouse wheel to resize" feature. My poor old keypad doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard. Any non-mouse users know a way around it?

I'll see if I can do something about that.

ThatSeventiesGuy 07-16-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justafan (Post 3723575)
They do need to be PNG's at this time, but I'll see what I can do about that. They don't have to be 150x150 though, the program automatically scales them to fit.

Well, about anything can easily be converted to PNGs with GIMP, sizing is more important. Good to know, thanks!

Raidergoo 07-16-2014 02:33 PM

This is really cool. I hope you consider giving the program a simple name, like Pickoff.

Isedelyod 07-16-2014 02:48 PM

Totally amazing stuff. I just glossied about 200 logos this afternoon!!!

justafan 07-16-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raidergoo (Post 3723608)
This is really cool. I hope you consider giving the program a simple name, like Pickoff.

Thank you! That's a great name, I think I'll use it. :thumbup1: