OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3899)
-   -   Historical PCL (w/Negro League players) starting soon (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=258585)

Furious 09-13-2015 09:28 PM

Historical PCL (w/Negro League players) starting soon

In this alternate history the Pacific Coast League abolishes the color line and declares itself a major league in 1921.

The rosters will consist primarily of actual PCL players, plus the top Negro League stars of the day, plus some West Coast major leaguers. A limited number of PCL stars who “graduated” to MLB in real life (e.g. Waner, Lazzeri, O'Doul, Averill, Lombardi, DiMaggio, Williams) will stick around rather than heading East.

There will be a very limited draft each year to bring in a small number of Negro League players.

It will NOT be a "superstar league". There will be a handful of stars, but the vast majority of players will actual PCL players. The goal is for the league to eventually be more or less on a par with MLB in terms of the level of competition, not to surpass it. The commissioner will work to ensure that the league maintains an appropriate balance of bums/serviceable players/decent-to-good players/studs.

There will be a "parity" rule in effect to prevent teams from getting too good or sucking too much.

The ideal GM for this league would be someone who is either knowledgeable about the historical PCL and Negro League players or is interested in learning about them.

I don't have the website set up yet. If you think you might be interested please respond in this thread. And feel free to ask questions.

Furious 09-23-2015 12:48 AM

The website is live and semi-functional: PCL Redux.

If you feel like killing a day, it's got everything you ever wanted to know about this league, and way more that you don't want to know.

We're looking for a GM for Seattle.

Furious 09-23-2015 06:27 PM

We've filled the last GM vacancy. I'll post again if something opens up.

Furious 11-22-2015 12:15 AM

We appear to have a vacancy. Anyone interested in taking over a pretty good Seattle team (featuring stars like Pop Lloyd and John Beckwith)? PM if you think you might want to give it a shot.

We're halfway through Spring Training of our inaugural season, so now is a good time to take the reins.

LivnLegend 11-22-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious (Post 3954517)
We appear to have a vacancy. Anyone interested in taking over a pretty good Seattle team (featuring stars like Pop Lloyd and John Beckwith)? PM if you think you might want to give it a shot.

We're halfway through Spring Training of our inaugural season, so now is a good time to take the reins.

I'll send a PM to see if the opening is still available

Furious 11-22-2015 02:29 PM

LivnLegend, I sent you a PM.

JaBurns 11-22-2015 04:07 PM

Following the League

Went to website, I like the league setup. I will follow for awhile to see the evolution of the league. I am interested in Nero League history and would like time know more about the PCL. Let me know if you have any openings in the future.

Furious 11-22-2015 04:24 PM

JaBurns, I sent you a PM.

Furious 11-24-2015 06:33 PM

We still have an opening. Anyone game?

JaBurns 11-24-2015 06:53 PM

Replied to your PM

theg02guy 01-10-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious (Post 3955492)
We still have an opening. Anyone game?

Do you currently have any vacancies? I'm a long-time OOTP GM interested in joining your historic league. Feel free to respond here or on AIM (theg02guy).

Thanks in advance.

Furious 01-10-2016 08:59 PM

No vacancies at this time. Thanks for your interest, though. I'll post here if we ever lose someone.

Furious 01-26-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theg02guy (Post 3969906)
Do you currently have any vacancies? I'm a long-time OOTP GM interested in joining your historic league. Feel free to respond here or on AIM (theg02guy).

Thanks in advance.

I sent you a PM.

Furious 01-28-2017 07:45 PM

Historical PCL as 3rd Major League entering fifth season, need one GM

pclredux.net

Anyone interested? PM me or respond to this thread.