OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3876)
-   -   Support hasn't responded (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=247251)

Boom Boom 08-25-2014 12:52 PM

Support hasn't responded

Hello, I sent in a request because I got my computer replaced via warranty exchange with Microsoft. I haven't received a response back and it has been over a week about activating my copy of OOTP.

I bought it in June. Any help would be much appreciated. I sent in another support ticket today. The ticket number is: FOE-175688

battists 08-25-2014 04:39 PM

Have you tried activating it on your new computer? Previously, we effectively got two licenses with each purchase, so even if you burned one on your old machine you should still have one to use on the new machine...

(We can't see your ticket here, so we don't know the details...)

Boom Boom 08-26-2014 11:36 AM

Thanks Battists, I have two copies, one on my MAC and one on my old computer which is a Surface Pro, I got a warranty exchange and the Microsoft Store gave me a Surface Pro 3 as a replacement

battists 08-26-2014 01:24 PM

There should be a thread around here somewhere with common activation support questions. Unfortunately, I don't have time to find it right now.

Ultimately, I think support has to get to your ticket and resolve your issue. In the meantime, if you want to play on the surface pro more than the Mac, you could temporarily unlicense your Mac, and relicense your surface.

Déjà Bru 08-26-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battists (Post 3743536)
There should be a thread around here somewhere with common activation support questions. Unfortunately, I don't have time to find it right now.

Ooh, ooh, me, me! I have time! Here it is (especially #7):

Activation Problems - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

Bigrod 08-26-2014 02:04 PM

In addition, if you can't get any response, try my suggestions in this post:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3740962

old timer 08-26-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom (Post 3743094)
Hello, I sent in a request because I got my computer replaced via warranty exchange with Microsoft. I haven't received a response back and it has been over a week about activating my copy of OOTP.

I bought it in June. Any help would be much appreciated. I sent in another support ticket today. The ticket number is: FOE-175688

Could you send me a private message with your ticket ID? I've been responding to all such requests promptly (almost always within 24 hours), but the support system isn't sending out email notifications (the developers are trying to fix this) so it makes it look like we're not responding even though we are.

Can you login to the support site? If so, then you can see if there's a reply to your ticket that way. If you can't, then I'll help you through private messaging.

If anyone else is having this problem, then please send me a private message. Sorry for the trouble!

Boom Boom 09-09-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 3743595)
Could you send me a private message with your ticket ID? I've been responding to all such requests promptly (almost always within 24 hours), but the support system isn't sending out email notifications (the developers are trying to fix this) so it makes it look like we're not responding even though we are.

Can you login to the support site? If so, then you can see if there's a reply to your ticket that way. If you can't, then I'll help you through private messaging.

If anyone else is having this problem, then please send me a private message. Sorry for the trouble!

Gary got back to me, for some reason the emails were going into my spam folder. I wanted to thank OOTP for a fast response. Sorry for responding on this very late.

The Wolf 09-09-2014 09:55 AM

Better late than never!

Boom Boom 03-15-2015 06:27 PM

Having an issue with my MAC version saying my license has expired...I am thinking that I will be looking for a refund for the 2016 version if I keep on having trouble with my license. Why did it expire? I bought the full version.... I have one copy on my Surface Pro 3 and another on my MAC.

bviolet1 05-25-2016 09:32 AM

Email reply when ticket submitted, but no response

Ticket #16283

Padreman 06-11-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bviolet1 (Post 4041090)
Email reply when ticket submitted, but no response

Ticket #16283

Once a new version comes out there is no more patches or tech help for older versions