OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - Beta Bug Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3861)
-   -   Historical Game (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=228633)

JeffR 03-03-2013 02:12 AM

Historical Game
 
Post any issues regarding the Historical Game here. Note that the historical database is only partially complete (at present, up to 1980); seasons after that date will not work properly, if at all.

Jimdawg47 03-04-2013 10:37 PM

Hey I am having issues when I start a season with the 1982 NJ Devils, I am told my salaries don't reach the salary cap floor.

mochuck 03-04-2013 11:08 PM

Expansion
 
I started a historical league in 66...it's using modern day settings.. FA's etc.. I picked auto expansion... I'm at June 1 67 and went to try and expand manually.. but I can't ... is that feature not implemented yet? I'm in commish mode.... thanks

JeffR 03-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimdawg47 (Post 3455834)
Hey I am having issues when I start a season with the 1982 NJ Devils, I am told my salaries don't reach the salary cap floor.

Slightly complicated, but explainable: the historical database isn't complete past 1980 yet, so the roster won't be full. And there shouldn't be a salary cap in the 80's, of course, but now that I look at the database rules files there's one there. I thought I had turned them off, so I'll have to see what's going wrong with the editor.

JeffR 03-04-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mochuck (Post 3455863)
I started a historical league in 66...it's using modern day settings.. FA's etc.. I picked auto expansion... I'm at June 1 67 and went to try and expand manually.. but I can't ... is that feature not implemented yet? I'm in commish mode.... thanks

Yeah, no manual expansion just yet, we had to turn it off temporarily (along with a lot of other commisioner-mode league edit features) because it was untested and probably unstable. We'll start working them back in under controlled conditions (i.e., one or two at a time) soon.

Jimdawg47 03-05-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 3455865)
Slightly complicated, but explainable: the historical database isn't complete past 1980 yet, so the roster won't be full. And there shouldn't be a salary cap in the 80's, of course, but now that I look at the database rules files there's one there. I thought I had turned them off, so I'll have to see what's going wrong with the editor.

Can the cap be turned off in the early years, so we can try out the historical features. This is a great part of the game.

pens66 03-05-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimdawg47 (Post 3456032)
Can the cap be turned off in the early years, so we can try out the historical features. This is a great part of the game.

No, not in this first build of the beta.

CeeBee 03-05-2013 12:30 PM

I'm guessing the AI needs a lot of work but playing the 1962 Red Wings and having everything set to my control in manager options if I click the setup organization button Gordie Howe and Alex Delvechio get released. Guess my assistant overrides my authority and is rather dumb to boot? :o

telarc30 03-05-2013 06:47 PM

Every time I get to the second year of a historical game it gets to july 1 and crashs every time.

JeffR 03-05-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimdawg47 (Post 3456032)
Can the cap be turned off in the early years, so we can try out the historical features. This is a great part of the game.

It should be off in the next data update. I actually intended it to be off before 2005, but I either forgot or something went wrong with my editing, because it's all set to the current cap values now.

JeffR 03-05-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telarc30 (Post 3456784)
Every time I get to the second year of a historical game it gets to july 1 and crashs every time.

We're trying to hunt down the crash bugs, and there's one that seems to be hitting on July 1, but consistently. While we work on that, what got me and some other people past it is restarting, switching to a different save, restarting again, and then advancing day-by-day. I'm not sure why that works or if all the steps are even necessary, but it seems to get past the bug some of the time.

JeffR 03-05-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 3456337)
I'm guessing the AI needs a lot of work but playing the 1962 Red Wings and having everything set to my control in manager options if I click the setup organization button Gordie Howe and Alex Delvechio get released. Guess my assistant overrides my authority and is rather dumb to boot? :o

Ouch. I'm wondering if that might be something with the incorrect cap settings, there's no logical reason otherwise to release superstars.

telarc30 03-05-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 3456864)
We're trying to hunt down the crash bugs, and there's one that seems to be hitting on July 1, but consistently. While we work on that, what got me and some other people past it is restarting, switching to a different save, restarting again, and then advancing day-by-day. I'm not sure why that works or if all the steps are even necessary, but it seems to get past the bug some of the time.

I think I've found out what it is! I turned off the yearly autosave off
and it skiped to the 2nd ok.

cdick133 03-06-2013 05:06 PM

I started a Leafs franchise in 1947 and it went well enough for the first couple years, but in the third season (1949-50) a salary cap of about 70 million showed up.

It also calculated my cap hit as about 30 million more than it should have been, though that's not really an issue since there shouldn't be a cap hit at all. Can't really continue the game since I have to cut my salaries by 35 million to make it under the cap.

Painmantle 03-06-2013 05:50 PM

This is a compilation of all of my post in the "Crash" Thread, all pretain to a Historical League I've been running for 10 seasons


Quote:

Got my 1st crash. It happens on the in-game date of June 30th, when the Free Agent file comes out. The only way to get past that date is to tell it “Finish Today” There are options in the Sim until…. (Game date, Week, , Month, Year). But any choice I make from that area causes a crash. And the Sim until event area is empty.
I even tried to trick it and “sim until…date (July 1st) but it crashed. The only way to get past june 30th is to select “Finish today” Once you get to July 1st all of the “Sim to Events” show back up and it’s good to go.
Once I get to July 1st I can sim all the way through everything until the next free agent file (which stops once again at June 30th), but the only way to get from june 30th to july 1st is to choose “Finish Today”
Quote:

I ran into a crash I can’t get past, I have started at the Historical beginning (47/48) and set my team control to my assistant coach. I’ve made it all the way to THU Aug 1, 1957 and have encountered an unavoidable crash. No matter what I select the game crashes. I was simming the off season and I hit esc to stop the sim as I noticed that Gordie Howe was a Free Agent (again) after viewing his profile I was unable to continue the simulation. I can’t advance using any item in the Play Menu. I have this file saved if you need it.
Also in this same file as I look at Gordie Howe I realize via his career stats that he didn't play in the 50/51, 51/52, 52/53 Seasons He played in the 53/54 seasons but then he didn't play again in the 54/55,55/56 or 56/57 season. All the while he was a free agent in those seasons yet no one signed on of the greatest players ever!

So Gordie Howe has only played in 4 of the 10 seasons I've simmed so far
Quote:

And now on probably my 15th attempt to proceed the game moves along to the next day via the "finish day" click. Guess we'll see if Gordie playes in this 57/58 season
Quote:

Same file, somewhere between Aug 1st 1957and Sept 23rd 1957,4 teams have disappeared. The only 2 teams left in the league are Montreal and Toronto. I have the file saved at both spots and I’m going back and try to determine at what point this happens. It kept crashing when it got to the Pre-Season and that’s when I realized there were 4 teams missing
.

JeffR 03-06-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdick133 (Post 3457669)
I started a Leafs franchise in 1947 and it went well enough for the first couple years, but in the third season (1949-50) a salary cap of about 70 million showed up.

Looks like the first couple of seasons actually have the no-cap setting on correctly, and then it goes bad from there. Fixing that right now.

JeffR 03-06-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Painmantle (Post 3457696)
This is a compilation of all of my post in the "Crash" Thread, all pretain to a Historical League I've been running for 10 seasons.

Thanks for all of that. I suspect Howe (and other stars) sitting out may be related to there being a cap where there isn't supposed to be one (and then interacting with non-modern free agent and player rights rules, leaving a very confused AI). I'll see what turning the caps off does, but that might be a problem it takes a few steps to unravel.

All the crashes, of course, are at the top of the bug list now. I'll check if there's anything you reported that's a situation we haven't seen a crash in yet.

CeeBee 03-08-2013 05:10 PM

A small issue in the NHL League events tab.
I'm on June 1st, 1970 and events listed are as follow:
June 30th, 1970 Free Agents File
September 28th, 1970 Preseason Start
October 12th, 1970 Regular Season Start
April 9th, 1971 NHL Playoffs
February 27th, 2013 Trading Deadline

Last one seems a tad out of place :D

dave1927p 03-08-2013 07:38 PM

in any of my historical games there are no players on any teams...

JeffR 03-08-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 3459211)
A small issue in the NHL League events tab.
I'm on June 1st, 1970 and events listed are as follow:
June 30th, 1970 Free Agents File
September 28th, 1970 Preseason Start
October 12th, 1970 Regular Season Start
April 9th, 1971 NHL Playoffs
February 27th, 2013 Trading Deadline

Last one seems a tad out of place :D

Yup, looks like a bug, I'm seeing a 2015 date in a 1947 game. Added to the list.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments