OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3693)
-   -   The 2013 All-in-One MLB Mod (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=230713)

reds1 04-14-2013 12:51 PM

The 2013 All-in-One MLB Mod

The OOTP mod community is pleased to present the 2013 MLB All-in-One Mod!

Quote:

**Please Note: The 2013 MLB All-in-One Mod is designed for use in OOTP14.**

**Naming conventions for logos, ball caps and jerseys have changed and will not implement smoothly in previous editions of OOTP.**

This mod is designed to give MLB simmers everything they need to have an immersive MLB roster set, with the help of a number of fantastic community modders. The set includes ballpark images, jerseys, caps, logos, FaceGens, high res photos - everything needed for a new game!

A huge thank you to all the contributers: PadresFan, cody8200, DesertFox07, Bigrod, DCHepler25, lukasberger, qcbandits, Soadeathdealer, Haveband, Charlie Hough, and many others!

Quote:

NOTE: This mod will not work properly for MLB games that have already been created. It will only take affect in MLB games that you create AFTER installing this mod!
Installation Instructions

This mod has been made available through OOTPMods.com server and OOTP's in-game add-ons functionality, so downloading and installing it should be a snap!
  1. Load OOTP and load any saved game/start a new one. (it doesn't matter which one, you just have to be in a game to get to the Add-ons Central).
  2. Navigate to OOTP Menu >> Add-ons Central.
  3. Click on Reload Add-Ons List. You should now see OOTPMods.com server and some add-ons in the list.
  4. Click on the Download button next to 2013 MLB All-in-One Mod.
  5. Wait for the download to complete. The mod is almost 270 MB in size, so it may take a few minutes. Don't worry if it looks like it's not doing anything - it is!
  6. When it is complete, click the Install button.
  7. When that is done, return to the OOTP Main screen, and click on New Major League Game (Start with 2013 Major League Rosters). That's it! Your new game should have all of the above!
Note: There are almost 270 MB of files in this mod. When you start a new MLB game after installing this mod, OOTP will take longer to create the game than previously. This is normal!

Aumakua 04-14-2013 01:38 PM

what are the changes from the 2012 pack?

iBrandon 04-14-2013 02:14 PM

The 2013 All-in-One MLB Mod

This is the same one that was there to use yesterday or is something different?

soadeathdealer 04-14-2013 03:27 PM

Re: The 2013 All-in-One MLB Mod

Same 2013 mod as in addon central as hasn't changed yet but will be adding some more to facegens and high res pics. I have high res pics just have to add them and the pics will be I think 99% complete . And facegens will be added in big groups as I get them

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

CybrSlydr 04-15-2013 10:43 AM

Is this compatible with OOTP 14 that was just released today?

reds1 04-15-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CybrSlydr (Post 3482943)
Is this compatible with OOTP 14 that was just released today?

Yes, it is.

fifthorkid 04-16-2013 06:44 PM

Photos not posting

Any reason why the photos do not work? They are downloaded in the mod, but they do not show in the game. I have had to individually replaced player photos to get them to show up which is very tedious. Any ideas? :confused:

soadeathdealer 04-16-2013 08:44 PM

To get them to show up if u are starting a new game u goto preference and change it from looking for facegen first to looking for photos first then u start ur game .

For games already started u goto setting and photos tab and unchecked facegen and ensure the photo is checked . Then u just regenerate the photos in the settings

kazjason 04-17-2013 06:34 PM

Are the rosters in this mod set from opening day this year or the end of last year? When I load the mod and try to start up a new Major league game it still says start with 2012 rosters is this correct?

blackthrone 04-18-2013 03:16 PM

Looks great! One question - does this pack include a modern names file?? IE something like the one Questdog has built.

ootpFox07 04-18-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazjason (Post 3485170)
Are the rosters in this mod set from opening day this year or the end of last year? When I load the mod and try to start up a new Major league game it still says start with 2012 rosters is this correct?

This mod does not contain the actual rosters or stats. Those come with the game and are accessible when you start a new MLB game (on the home screen). The mod contains logos, ballcaps, jerseys, facegens, player images and ballparks. Basically the stuff Markus and Co can't sell with the game dues to licensing. Make sure you install the all in one BEFORE starting a new MLB game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthrone (Post 3485806)
Looks great! One question - does this pack include a modern names file?? IE something like the one Questdog has built.

No, that is a separate mod.

yazfan67 04-18-2013 05:56 PM

Can't get it to run!

I've tried over a dozen times and can't get it to load. It keeps coming up 2012! What the bleep am I doing wrong?

Bigrod 04-18-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazjason (Post 3485170)

Sounds to me like your using this with ootp13 and not ootp14.??
If so , you can still use it to get updated graphics, but you may have to edit the names of the files as logos, ballcaps and uniforms naming convention has changed. You will get updated and new player pics, and facegens. ballparks images are the same as last year

soadeathdealer 04-18-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigrod (Post 3485969)
Sounds to me like your using this with ootp13 and not ootp14.??
If so , you can still use it to get updated graphics, but you may have to edit the names of the files as logos, ballcaps and uniforms naming convention has changed. You will get updated and new player pics, and facegens. ballparks images are the same as last year

Yea that's my thinking

reds1 04-18-2013 10:51 PM

I've updated the original post to clarify that the mod is designed for use in OOTP14.

Cras 04-19-2013 01:25 AM

You say that this does not have an effect for MLB leagues that have already been created, but I will say this is not the case. I installed this thing to create a 2013 MLB league, thinking that my big historical fiction league which is in 1965 at the moment would be untouched, only to find now that all the logos and what not have been screwed up.

reds1 04-19-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cras (Post 3486220)
You say that this does not have an effect for MLB leagues that have already been created, but I will say this is not the case. I installed this thing to create a 2013 MLB league, thinking that my big historical fiction league which is in 1965 at the moment would be untouched, only to find now that all the logos and what not have been screwed up.

That may be a separate issue, Cras. Existing leagues should use only the logos/jerseys that are already in the league's folders. If it's not, then that sounds like a bug.

rob999 04-20-2013 10:13 AM

Is anyone else finding that in the mod the pictures of the coaches are too big? On the Front Office - Personnel page their faces are so big that they cover up some of the info (length of contract).

DCHepler25 04-20-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds1 (Post 3486367)
That may be a separate issue, Cras. Existing leagues should use only the logos/jerseys that are already in the league's folders. If it's not, then that sounds like a bug.

I believe this is because of the new dynamic logo/cap/jersey features. The game now checks the years on the logos each time you start OOTP. If it doesn't find years that match your game year then it randomly chooses logos for teams.

One solution would be to add years to the names of the logos you use. Another would be to place all the "custom" logos into a folder and direct OOTP to use that folder. This is done from the GAME menu under DATABASE INFO.

bigsmooth 04-21-2013 09:32 AM

How can you get this mod to work on an already existing league? I would like if possible a step by step breakdown.