OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 4 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3932)
-   -   save is crashing (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=287292)

vic24 03-28-2018 05:00 AM

save is crashing

My saves as Colorado avalanche crash everytimes entering playoffs 2021. The things last time i played i was already couple games in (it loaded a precedent version i guess dont know why.

vic24 03-28-2018 05:21 AM

uploaded on your server as rebuild.zip

thnks to check it out

JeffR 03-29-2018 02:58 AM

Seems to be something really odd going on with the Division II-A and II-B world championships, there are 3 versions of each team. We'll have to investigate this a little further.

vic24 03-29-2018 06:25 AM

well sounds weird. thanks for the follow up

JeffR 03-29-2018 01:15 PM

It looks like the files in the save are actually a mixture of two different saves somehow, one of which is farther ahead than the current date in the game. We're not sure how that happened, but you should be able to get it back to normal using the rolling save. If you go to the rs_one folder inside the save and copy the files there into the main save folder (overwriting the .dat files there), you'll be able to resume the game. You'll probably lose the last few days you played, depending on how often you've been saving, but it should be fine other than that. If that doesn't work, try doing the same thing with the rs_two folder, one of the two should have a valid save.

vic24 03-29-2018 05:02 PM

a mixture of saves. thats funny. i'll try what you said later.

vic24 03-29-2018 05:22 PM

well nothing worked. if it can help you figure out what happened my game was automatically saving in my OneDrive and uploading from there when i want resume my season.

JeffR 03-30-2018 02:32 AM

Could you upload the contents of the rs_one and rs_one folders? That might give us something to work with, if there's a set of files amongst the three locations that could be assembled back into a single save that'll function. Right now, the tournaments.dat file (and possibly others) has data from dates that occur after the start date of the save, so that's causing a variety of issues, at least one of them fatal.

vic24 03-30-2018 05:57 AM

Uploaded rs_one and rs_two as ''mixture.zip''

JeffR 03-31-2018 05:59 AM

OK, I think I managed to put together a working version by combining files from rs_two (which, oddly, was missing some) and the file you originally uploaded. It may have some oddities in the stats, and you'll probably need to re-do your lines and tactics, but I've been able to advance it a few weeks with no crash and the issues with international tournaments are gone. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the dropbox link to download it.

From the looks of it, something went wrong when you were retrieving or saving files to/from OneDrive and not all the files were being copied up or down. So you wound up with a mixture of files that were saved at different points in time, which eventually broke the game when the files controlling the starting date of the save were from a much earlier point than at least one of the data files. It would probably be a good idea to check the save times on all the files in the save after uploading/restoring from OneDrive - if the timestamps on all of them (except storylines.dat and presets.txt, which don't change) are more than 1-2 minutes apart, something hasn't been loaded properly and the save will likely break again.