OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   Trading Deadline Save (with real standings) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=285771)

JeffR 03-05-2018 09:25 AM

Trading Deadline Save (with real standings)

As an additional bonus to the final update, we're posting a 2017-18 NHL save file that starts immediately after the trade deadline. (A simulation based on this save appeared on the French-language version of NHL.com on the weekend, https://www.nhl.com/fr/news/lnhcom-s...es/c-296575316)

You can download it at http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/hoc...m_final.lg.rar

Unzip that into your save folder. If you want to take over a team, the game's in commissioner mode so you can choose whichever one you want.

A few important caveats, though:

-the game was created with an updated database and then simmed up to February 25 with trades turned off, then we overwrote the game's standings with the actual real-life ones. Importing player stats would've been a lot more difficult to do (and had some potential to cause game errors), so the ones you see in the save are just the sim results, not the real-life stats. If you want real stat totals, you'll have to add the in-game stats from Feb. 26 onwards to the real numbers as of the 25th.
-the NHL rosters are as accurate as we can get them as of the trading deadline; I edited back any players currently on rosters that the AI moved around while getting to that date. I also removed all the game-created injuries and edited in the actual injuries as of Monday (or at least as much as we know - the "upper body"/"lower body" stuff I just listed as shoulder/knee soreness unless I knew otherwise, and the lengths are obviously a guess. I left out a few that appeared to be extremely minor at the time.) A few people who were injured in the game begin the save on the disabled list with 0 time left, they'll immediately return to the roster once the game is continued.
-some types of player statuses and goalie hotness aren't easily editable, so those start with whatever they were at, so e.g. some goalies are hot/cold and some players are unhappy when they're fine in real life.
-a few details like the new numbers of some traded players weren't known when I edited the file last Tuesday
-it's probably not a great idea to try to play multiyear games with this - or really do much more than simulate/play the rest of the NHL season, given the amount of hacking and trickery we used to make this work. Weird things could happen in later seasons and we haven't tested it for that. It's just a fun way to simulate the remainder of 2017-18 to see if Tampa's really the overwhelming favourite now, whether Vegas keeps winning, and so on.

Have fun, and if anyone can get Vancouver into the playoffs, I'd love to see it.

Autumn 03-05-2018 12:37 PM

Flyers!

Joogle 03-05-2018 05:42 PM

Is there a way to get the nhl logos on the save?

Rayzor 03-05-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joogle (Post 4287453)
Is there a way to get the nhl logos on the save?

Copy them from the.... quickstart_games....Opening Day......Graphics....logo teams folder

Rayzor 03-05-2018 06:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Erik Kalrsson only 3 games? What was his injury?....It would have been nice if the stats were also edited.

Attachment 541165

Attachment 541166

Adam B 03-05-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayzor (Post 4287487)
Erik Kalrsson only 3 games? What was his injury?....It would have been nice if the stats were also edited.

Attachment 541165

Attachment 541166

I think if you look at most of the stats, they won't be quite accurate. This is more about current standings and rosters.

JeffR 03-06-2018 12:14 AM

Yeah, the injury to Karlsson happened during the simulation process, it ends immediately when the save begins. As I said above, it would've been a lot more difficult to replace all the player stats in the game than it was to switch the team stats, and that wasn't really within the scope of the project (which was just to get a starting point for the nhl.com article on how the rest of the season plays out.)

caca0o 04-20-2018 02:51 PM

is not the trade with the players? how to fix it?

JeffR 04-20-2018 10:47 PM

Sorry, I don't understand the question. What are you trying to do?

Rayzor 05-29-2018 08:59 AM

FHM4 2018 Stanley Cup

1 Attachment(s)
Using the nhl_sim_final that was sent out in the last update, I ran the Stanley Cup Playoff with some big surprises. At the start of the playoffs 4 out 8 rounds match the RL playoffs, from there it got interesting.

Columbus Blue Jackets Stanley Cup Winner

Attachment 558856

mgom27 05-31-2018 08:47 PM

How about one that's as of Stanley Cup with series tied 1/1. If I had Game would continue past season.

maikgianino 06-03-2018 11:00 AM

This is the final update of FHM4?

JeffR 06-04-2018 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maikgianino (Post 4331613)
This is the final update of FHM4?

It's not really an update, just an alternate start file. The 4.7.86 hotfix was the final update.

Sabres2000 06-22-2018 01:56 PM

Question... so I have loaded fhm 4 twice and tried to load the save file.. .It gets all the way to Finishing loading 62% and then fhm4 stops responding... anyway to get past this or am i the only person that this is happening to

JeffR 06-25-2018 02:34 AM

It's still loading properly for me. My first guess would be that something didn't get unpacked properly when you installed the save - have a look at your save folder and check the nhl_sim_final.lg folder to see that everything has unpacked properly into it - you should have 36 .dat files in there.

Spreads 08-23-2018 07:56 PM

why can i not trade? i cant even enter into the trade offer menu

Ant1976 06-02-2019 04:32 PM

Link no longer works .