OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 4 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3932)
-   -   First Impressions / problems (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=281775)

landru22 10-03-2017 08:39 PM

First Impressions / problems

A) I started up the game and changed to windowed mode. I exited and started again and the game was still fullscreen. I tried all resolutions available and started again each time, still can't get out of fullscreen. My laptops resolution is set to 1366 X 768 and can't go any higher. Anyone have any suggestions how I can get the game to go into windowed mode???

B) I do not see an option to simply advance 1 day. The last version I had (FHM2) I'm pretty sure there was an option to just advance one day with a single click. Now I have to go to the Play menu and from there select Auto Play Until (a specific date - I choose the next day). This is an extremely awkward way to do this. Am I Missing something???

landru22 10-03-2017 08:56 PM

I found one of the answers to my questions. It seems that you have to select (Under Games>Setiup Options>Other Options) "Always sim day-by-day" in order to sim just one day at a time.

Still need help with resolution.

landru22 10-03-2017 09:55 PM

More Issues:

League Finals: Team on right side of playoff tree always seems to get home ice advantage over the team on the left side regardless of regular season record. This problem has been around since at least FHM2.

I will provide pictures as proof on demand.

landru22 10-03-2017 10:17 PM

Sorry. Just realized there is a beta forum and this thread should probably be moved there

landru22 10-03-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landru22 (Post 4239608)

League Finals: Team on right side of playoff tree always seems to get home ice advantage over the team on the left side regardless of regular season record. This problem has been around since at least FHM2.

The original tests above were done with a custom game. I ran an actual NHL Game and played thru the playoffs. The team on the right side of the playoff tree did NOT and should NOT have had home ice advantage. Perhaps this issue is only with custom leagues. Please take a look at this.

seven 10-03-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landru22 (Post 4239575)

B) I do not see an option to simply advance 1 day. The last version I had (FHM2) I'm pretty sure there was an option to just advance one day with a single click. Now I have to go to the Play menu and from there select Auto Play Until (a specific date - I choose the next day). This is an extremely awkward way to do this. Am I Missing something???

For question B, look at the upper right corner of the screen. The Continue button allows you to advance one day with a single click.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-04-2017 04:37 AM

Regarding your screen resolution question: you operate with the minimum resolution, so the game needs to switch into fullscreen mode (the windows bar and frames of the game window take space away).

landru22 10-04-2017 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Since I don't want this issue to be forgotten, here is my proof:
See that the Los Angeles team was incorrectly given the home-ice advantage over the Mesa team

JeffR 10-04-2017 04:41 PM

Yup, I added it to the bug list last night, shouldn't be doing that.

landru22 10-04-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4239916)
Yup, I added it to the bug list last night, shouldn't be doing that.

I don't know if this helps you diagnose the problem or not, Jeff, but I believe this issue pre-dates FHM4.

landru22 10-08-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

More Issues:

Just want you to know this problem still exists (Version 4.0.36)

landru22 10-29-2017 10:51 AM

With version 4.3.49 this is still not working correctly

JeffR 10-29-2017 09:16 PM

Yeah, it's still on the list, haven't made it to it yet. I'll push the priority a little higher since it's been waiting a while.