OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3913)
-   -   Bugs still Present (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=274157)

Chomps 02-14-2017 12:27 AM

Bugs still Present

1 Attachment(s)
This Trade was accepted by Anaheim, however, there is no option for me to accept the Trade in the email as shown below:

Sebastian Palkowski 02-14-2017 03:48 AM

We canīt reproduce this bug here. Is it always happen for you and in that case, could you do us a step by step description how you do a trade? Or is it happening only sometimes and can you think of differences in that cases?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Chomps 02-14-2017 08:00 AM

I will give you more detail on this problem when I have time later today.

One of the underlying problems is that the AI sometimes does not respond to Trades, or at least it doesn't respond in a timely manner.

Also, there is no way for the Player to see which Trades he is waiting for a response from. Please create a screen so the Player can see which Trades are in the works, this is very important.

Chomps 02-14-2017 01:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I will include a series of screenshots that show what happened. You can see the dates in the upper right corner of the screenshots.

After I wasn't able to accept the original Trade, I went ahead and offered the Trade again. You can see what happened in the screenshots.

Chomps 02-14-2017 01:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More screenshots:

Chomps 02-14-2017 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Final Screenshot:

JeffR 02-14-2017 07:54 PM

So it completed properly the second time? (Since Lindholm is unsigned, you're only trading for his rights - he won't be on your roster, just the protected list.)

Chomps 02-14-2017 10:03 PM

He was added to my protected list, but it shows him on the Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg Team.

Chomps 02-14-2017 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I try to offer him a contract, I get this message:

JeffR 02-15-2017 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomps (Post 4154292)
He was added to my protected list, but it shows him on the Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg Team.

Yes, there's a news story about him signing with them. You only own his NHL rights; he signed in the KHL and, since there's no NHL-KHL transfer agreement, you won't be able to get him until his KHL contract expires.

Edit - now that I think about it, that may be what went wrong the first time - if he signed elsewhere while the trade was being negotiated, that automatically stops the trade and would remove the accept option even if the other team decided it was OK with the deal. The second time, there's an "ACCEPTED" message prior to the signing, so that time it would've been too late to interrupt it.

Chomps 02-15-2017 11:13 AM

Jeff,

I started a new game and tried to trade for Lindholm's rights again. My first offer was rejected by Anaheim, so I submitted a new offer the same day Sept. 19th. It is currently Sept. 30th in my game and I have not received any response from Anaheim or seen any news stories about Lindholm.

There is obviously some problem or bug here. Please, create a screen to show the Player current Trade Offer status.

Chomps 02-15-2017 11:17 AM

Jeff, I see that you released a new hotfix patch today.

I did not see either of the issues that I have pointed out recently fixed.

1. Still a problem with Trades
2. Graphics problems in the Game Screens showing players in wrong uniforms or missing completely.

What is the status of these issues?

Sebastian Palkowski 02-15-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomps (Post 4154484)
I started a new game and tried to trade for Lindholm's rights again. My first offer was rejected by Anaheim, so I submitted a new offer the same day Sept. 19th. It is currently Sept. 30th in my game and I have not received any response from Anaheim or seen any news stories about Lindholm.

Would it be possible that you upload the save for us?

Chomps 02-15-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4154497)
Would it be possible that you upload the save for us?

Sure, I would be happy to help. What are the upload instructions?

Sebastian Palkowski 02-15-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomps (Post 4154498)
Sure, I would be happy to help. What are the upload instructions?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...748-post2.html

Thanks!

Chomps 02-15-2017 12:14 PM

Check your PM please.

JeffR 02-16-2017 05:45 AM

Sebastian and I both looked at the save, and tried submitting the same trade (Phillips, 3rd, 4th for Lindholm's rights) in it several different times, reloading after each try. We always get the option to complete the trade after it's accepted, it hasn't failed yet. (There's no trade offer open when we load the save, so if you had made one, it wasn't actually offered.) I also tried another new game a couple of times, copying the sequence of trade offers in your screenshots, and got rejected the first two times, as you did, then an acceptance with the appropriate response to complete it.

So, we can't replicate what you seem to be seeing no matter what we try. At this point, the only thing we can think of is asking you to record a few minutes of your gameplay (while you attempt to make a trade) with a video capture program and sending us the video - that way, we can watch the exact steps you're taking and see if there's something we're doing differently.

Chomps 02-16-2017 10:12 AM

Thanks for looking at this problem guys.

My first step was to only offer one Draft pick for Lindholm's rights. This will be rejected. Then I click on Discuss Trade Again and then offer two Draft picks and a player for Lindholm's rights. At this point, I start having the problems outlined.

Have you tried this?

Edit: I believe the problem may be with making several offers that are rejected before finally making an offer that the AI will accept.

Sebastian Palkowski 02-16-2017 10:43 AM

We redo exactly the trades like you do but always get the right buttons to accept the trade in the end.

The only way for us to understand what you do different is to actually see what you do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomps (Post 4154883)
Thanks for looking at this problem guys.

My first step was to only offer one Draft pick for Lindholm's rights. This will be rejected. Then I click on Discuss Trade Again and then offer two Draft picks and a player for Lindholm's rights. At this point, I start having the problems outlined.

Have you tried this?

Edit: I believe the problem may be with making several offers that are rejected before finally making an offer that the AI will accept.

Chomps 02-16-2017 11:33 AM

What software do you recommend for recording my steps?

I am considering uninstalling FHM3 and doing a clean install. Maybe my install is corrupted if no one else is experiencing this problem.