OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Players' Potential (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=267987)

mizu79 06-26-2016 10:38 PM

Players' Potential

hello all, I just started playing yesterday, just started my first season.
I have prospects that have potential of 4.5 stars before the start of the season, but once the season started, all their potential dropped back to 4 stars. I looked at other teams, their prospect were able to maintain 4.5 stars.

Am I doing something wrong? I am already playing them regularly in the lineup.

Adam B 06-26-2016 11:48 PM

What's your Prospects Scout Level at? A now? It seems likely they were only Scouted at B, and that can create a bit of doubt and show a misleading stat like that.

mizu79 06-27-2016 02:14 AM

oh sorry if misled you, I meant the current players on my roster.
I am playing as the Canucks, and I have the likes of Horvat, Virtanen in my lineup. Before the season, they all have 4.5 stars of potential. After the season started, they dropped down to 4.
Then I test trade with other teams for prospect of 4.5 stars, and I got rejected. But before the season, I am pretty sure they would have been more likely to do that deal when the likes of Horvat and Virtanen showed 4.5 stars potential.

Adam B 06-27-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizu79 (Post 4056049)
oh sorry if misled you, I meant the current players on my roster.
I am playing as the Canucks, and I have the likes of Horvat, Virtanen in my lineup. Before the season, they all have 4.5 stars of potential. After the season started, they dropped down to 4.
Then I test trade with other teams for prospect of 4.5 stars, and I got rejected. But before the season, I am pretty sure they would have been more likely to do that deal when the likes of Horvat and Virtanen showed 4.5 stars potential.

It still doesn't matter. If you took over the team, you may not have a perfect reading on your team, and that's why you can see that drop. This is denoted by the letter grade on the far side. I'm guessing that was the case, especially if it was a change from beginning to end. A .5 star drop isn't uncommon.

The only other thing it could be is them dropping off in their careers, but that seems highly unlikely (unless you're 7-10 years in to the future at this point).

mizu79 07-07-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam B (Post 4056113)
It still doesn't matter. If you took over the team, you may not have a perfect reading on your team, and that's why you can see that drop. This is denoted by the letter grade on the far side. I'm guessing that was the case, especially if it was a change from beginning to end. A .5 star drop isn't uncommon.

The only other thing it could be is them dropping off in their careers, but that seems highly unlikely (unless you're 7-10 years in to the future at this point).

i don't mind the drop actually, but is affecting me in trading for players, since this seemingly depends on stars to judge fairness of the trades

Adam B 07-07-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizu79 (Post 4061464)
i don't mind the drop actually, but is affecting me in trading for players, since this seemingly depends on stars to judge fairness of the trades

Then the best thing to do is is hire more scouts and assign them to your league so they Scout other teams more often to give you the best read possible.

mizu79 07-08-2016 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam B (Post 4061675)
Then the best thing to do is is hire more scouts and assign them to your league so they Scout other teams more often to give you the best read possible.

Right, but I just realized maybe because I'm bringing up my prospect too fast, half my team are youngster, so that might be affecting their potential?

Romagoth 07-08-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizu79 (Post 4061904)
Right, but I just realized maybe because I'm bringing up my prospect too fast, half my team are youngster, so that might be affecting their potential?

Depends largely upon their role and playing time. Young players are better off in the minors with a lot of ice time versus being in the NHL (or another big league) and playing on the 4th line.

mizu79 07-13-2016 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romagoth (Post 4062409)
Depends largely upon their role and playing time. Young players are better off in the minors with a lot of ice time versus being in the NHL (or another big league) and playing on the 4th line.

yeah, I get what u mean, but for my save, I roll all 4 lines pretty consistently, so I think they get enough ice time
well, I got myself Patrick Laine, he of the 5 stars potential, will c how that goes.
but i do notice the small behind the letter does indicate the accuracy, like auston Matthews, he is 6.0e, and we all know maximum is really 5.0. So now i think is not bad to have 4.0a, since there are only so much 5.0 players in the game