OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fighter Updates Moved (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=257775)

pisdpaul 08-13-2015 10:28 AM

Fighter Updates Moved

I have been working with the database chaps to get the new online fighter update system working. If you want to continue getting these updates you will need to make a minor settings change. See this post for details:

P.I.S.D. Forums ? View topic - Future Database Updates

Jackyle 08-13-2015 10:53 AM

I think I have been this only person doing database updates and I was not aware of this. Hopefully I can do it with my 2.5 game or I will no longer be able to assist.

Jackyle 08-13-2015 12:13 PM

All the updates I have been doing are not on the new system correct?

I noticed the ones I just added like Erkan Teper were not on the update. Any way to have that moved over? That would be very frustrating as these updates take a lot of time of which I have so little of.

bear 08-13-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackyle (Post 3908311)

I noticed the ones I just added like Erkan Teper were not on the update. Any way to have that moved over? That would be very frustrating as these updates take a lot of time of which I have so little of.

Your recent updates may or may not be on the new system. Depends on the date Paul made the switch which was fairly recent.

If there isn't a way to move them over I can backtrack your changes and add them manually after I run this weeks challenge.

We were using the alpha versions of TBCB 2015 database as a sandbox for several months checking for bugs before Paul could make the new database public. I know when the last bug was resolved so I wouldn;t need to backtrack too far.

bear 08-13-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

I'm actually glad you've been too busy to do a lot of updates. Doesn't appear to be a lot of stuff missed. Looks like it will be easy to get things caught up even if I have to do it manually. I'll be able to go back, down load all of your recent changed files into a folder, upload them and make the changes and upload them to the new data base. None of had work will be lost, rest assured.

pisdpaul 08-13-2015 02:47 PM

Oh my, Sorry Jackyle, I was under the impression that the old system was no longer allowing updates to be uploaded. I copied the DB over a few weeks ago so its not that far behind. I have just done an update from the OOTP servers and 3 fighters copied over, so we should be up to date.

I have tried emailing and PM'ing you about the changes but got no response. Can you email me at someone@pisd.co.uk and I will set you up with a TB2015 alpha build so you can continue to submit changes.

bear 08-13-2015 05:58 PM

I just updated. Doesn't look like Teper got picked up. I'll still recheck everything when i finish the challenge

bear 08-13-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 3908438)
I just updated. Doesn't look like Teper got picked up. I'll still recheck everything when i finish the challenge

Forgot to check. I see boxers pending.

Jackyle 08-13-2015 07:06 PM

Hey thanks guys. Much appreciated. Paul I sent you an email today.

Thanks for the help Bear.

bear 08-13-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackyle (Post 3908479)

I'm still not seeing Teper in the pending changes so I'll definitely double check things and make sure all of the changes go through.

bear 08-14-2015 01:43 AM

Just to be safe I cross checked the changelist with my last updated 2015 database. Changes done after 8/1 don't seem to have been picked up.
I put the files for the 68 fighters into my exchange folder. If need be I can upload them to the new DB source. Making sure Jacklye's efforts will be safe.

bear 08-14-2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

When You get the new DB from Paul, you'll like it. It allows editors to update more than the fighter files, bios, and rating records. Gives us a more work to do with venues, refs, cornermen, and 6 other possible areas.

pisdpaul 08-14-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Got it, can you tell me your webstore username and I will add a licence for TB2015 so you can access it...

pisdpaul 08-14-2015 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 3908451)
Forgot to check. I see boxers pending.

If you use the Advanced button you can diff the changes waiting to be committed.

Hanson Bros 08-14-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

I just updated with the new link and Teper is there

bear 08-14-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanson Bros (Post 3908813)
I just updated with the new link and Teper is there

Very odd. I'm not getting him. Even tried creating a new game.

bear 08-14-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisdpaul (Post 3908596)
If you use the Advanced button you can diff the changes waiting to be committed.

I checked that, saw the changes waiting to be committed. Didn't see Teper there. Tried creating a new fame and didn't pick him up.

Mark42661 08-15-2015 02:12 AM

Is there a website address to go to to see who is being added or updated like the Fighterlist page we could visit before?

Also, has anyone tried to update the fighters in the game yet with this new resource and experienced any problems or other issues? Or does it work exactly as before?

Changes like this make me nervous because I don't want it to gradually become more difficult to use version 2.5.27 of the game. It's the only version of the game I want to use right now and I still love it. I really don't want it to ever get to the point that we can't use that version if we desire to do so. No offense to anyone... but Title Bout 2013 just doesn't do it for me... mostly because I don't trust it at all due to all of the reported issues.

Thanks,
Mark

pisdpaul 08-15-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 3908867)
I checked that, saw the changes waiting to be committed. Didn't see Teper there. Tried creating a new fame and didn't pick him up.

I can confirm that the new database does not have Erkan Teper. So I just ran the update script again that copies any new changes from the OOTP servers into my new db, here is the output:

Code:

Starting Update
---------------

Sat Aug 15 11:23:58 BST 2015

Announcers Timestamp: 20150813194402 - Downloaded 0 announcers
Cornermen Timestamp: 20150813194402 - Downloaded 0 cornermen
Judges Timestamp: 20150813194403 - Downloaded 0 judges
Referees Timestamp: 20150813194403 - Downloaded 0 referees
Ring Card Girls Timestamp: 20150813194404 - Downloaded 0 ring card girls
Venues Timestamp: 20150813194404 - Downloaded 0 venues
Fighters Timestamp: 20150813194409 - Downloaded 0 fighters
Rating Records Timestamp: 20150813194505 - Downloaded 0 rating records
Biographies Timestamp: 20150813194644 - Downloaded 0 biographies

As you can see its all up to date. I think its time to draw a line under the database, find and fix any inconstancies in the new data coz if we keep comparing the systems we will tie ourselves in knots!

pisdpaul 08-15-2015 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark42661 (Post 3909026)
Is there a website address to go to to see who is being added or updated like the Fighterlist page we could visit before?

No, I was not aware this feature was being used. I will add one when I get some time.

Quote:

Also, has anyone tried to update the fighters in the game yet with this new resource and experienced any problems or other issues? Or does it work exactly as before?

I have tried it with TB2013 and TB2.5 as have some of the alpha testers and so far I have not heard of any problems. Only a few places where the data was out of sync but these are being addressed and only seem to effect the most recent changes.

Quote:

Changes like this make me nervous because I don't want it to gradually become more difficult to use version 2.5.27 of the game. It's the only version of the game I want to use right now and I still love it. I really don't want it to ever get to the point that we can't use that version if we desire to do so. No offense to anyone... but Title Bout 2013 just doesn't do it for me... mostly because I don't trust it at all due to all of the reported issues.

I too get nervous about such big changes, thats why the new system has been in testing for over two months now. It is my intention not to break v2.5 even tho it pre-dates my time on the game. I understand your reluctance to upgrade to TB2013 which is why TB2015 is in testing already even tho I have not finished writing it! I need to be confident that most if not all the stability issues are fixed before I release the game..