OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - 3D Models (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3879)
-   -   OOTP 18 ballparks with new signage and nights (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=275274)

adion 03-20-2017 11:23 AM

OOTP 18 ballparks with new signage and nights

4 Attachment(s)
As today is the early release of OOTP 18 here is a link to the OOTP 18 parks with new signage, pictures on screens and new night time backgrounds (sky boxes). I have uploaded each individual folder and one zip file that contains everything. These installation instructions are include on the download page.

The signage is not perfect but is the best I could do with the current sign format in the game.

Just extract the parks to your OOTP 18 Models folder. All the parks have 2016 after the name so they will not overwrite anything
unless you renamed some of your parks the same as these.

Either rename or put a copy of the Advertising folder someplace in case you want to go back to using the OOTP advertising
then extract the advertising folder to the Models folder.

If you don't like my backgrounds (sky boxes) you can just copy the sky boxes from each orginal OOTP 18 Park and replace mine in my 2016 park.

The park files will not be overwritten when OOTP 18 updates since they are a different name, i.e. 2016 but the advertising folder will be. So you will need to protect that folder by copying it someplace and then copy it back after the update or do it by renaming.

Here are a couple of examples of the changes I made.

I am not completely happy with all the night backgrounds. So I will probably revisit some of them. So, if you would like to suggest which ones you would like to see improved, just post it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/c14...P_18_Ballparks

Chico Guilbault 03-20-2017 11:54 AM

Oh dear god, that looks fantastic!

drksd4848 03-20-2017 12:25 PM

wow
wow wow wow
wow

bpbrooksy 03-20-2017 01:34 PM

This looks incredible.

pstrickert 03-20-2017 06:02 PM

Great job, adion! Thanks for making these available. Is there a reason for the jaggies in the night sky? Just curious.

endgame 03-20-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4169597)
Great job, adion! Thanks for making these available. Is there a reason for the jaggies in the night sky? Just curious.

:rolleyes: Where's my cudgel?

adion 03-20-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

I have to work on that. It happened in the process of converting a day scene to a night scene.

pstrickert 03-20-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame (Post 4169734)
:rolleyes: Where's my cudgel?

Oh, I've got your cudgel. C'mon over here, my friend. :sneaky2:

vulcan4 03-21-2017 07:43 AM

Very cool!! Thank you for sharing.

X3NEIZE 03-21-2017 02:41 PM

That looks amazing! i can see why you're not happy with the night backgrounds, just needs some lights in the windows, other than that perfect....

adion 03-21-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X3NEIZE (Post 4170786)
That looks amazing! i can see why you're not happy with the night backgrounds, just needs some lights in the windows, other than that perfect....

Getting rid of the jaggies is difficult enough. Putting lights in all those windows would be a real task!

adion 03-21-2017 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

How about this?

knight1376 03-22-2017 06:03 PM

wow...nice...

jazzrack 03-22-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4168890)
As today is the early release of OOTP 18 here is a link to the OOTP 18 parks with new signage, pictures on screens and new night time backgrounds (sky boxes). I have uploaded each individual folder and one zip file that contains everything. These installation instructions are include on the download page.

The signage is not perfect but is the best I could do with the current sign format in the game.

Just extract the parks to your OOTP 18 Models folder. All the parks have 2016 after the name so they will not overwrite anything
unless you renamed some of your parks the same as these.

Either rename or put a copy of the Advertising folder someplace in case you want to go back to using the OOTP advertising
then extract the advertising folder to the Models folder.

If you don't like my backgrounds (sky boxes) you can just copy the sky boxes from each orginal OOTP 18 Park and replace mine in my 2016 park.

The park files will not be overwritten when OOTP 18 updates since they are a different name, i.e. 2016 but the advertising folder will be. So you will need to protect that folder by copying it someplace and then copy it back after the update or do it by renaming.

Here are a couple of examples of the changes I made.

I am not completely happy with all the night backgrounds. So I will probably revisit some of them. So, if you would like to suggest which ones you would like to see improved, just post it here.

couple of questions.

do you mind me putting these on ootpmods.com?

and would you like it on the add-ons central?

and a note for all mod makers, i have simplified & clarified the submissions process http://ootpmods.com//tiki-index.php?...PB+Submissions

adion 03-22-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzrack (Post 4171971)
couple of questions.

do you mind me putting these on ootpmods.com?

and would you like it on the add-ons central?

and a note for all mod makers, i have simplified & clarified the submissions process http://ootpmods.com//tiki-index.php?...PB+Submissions

Yes sir, you may put them on both. Are you talking about my 2016 parks or my mods to Silvam's historical parks or both. You may put them both on unless Silvam doesn't want to have his one there. There seems to be a lot of interest in those historical parks. If you tell me how to up date them on your two sites, I will do that when/if there are updates.

Thanks.

jazzrack 03-22-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4171982)
Yes sir, you may put them on both. Are you talking about my 2016 parks or my mods to Silvam's historical parks or both. You may put them both on unless Silvam doesn't want to have his one there. There seems to be a lot of interest in those historical parks. If you tell me how to up date them on your two sites, I will do that when/if there are updates.

Thanks.

i am happy to put both, hell i am happy to put any mod anybody wants to send me.

the easiest thing to do is to use submission process, (helps me not lose anything) upload it someplace (or use my ftp server) and send an email to submit@ ootpmods.com; let me know it's an update and i'll update everything.

i'll get to this tonight, right now i am cleaning my garage/office. :crying:

adion 03-22-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzrack (Post 4172002)
i am happy to put both, hell i am happy to put any mod anybody wants to send me.

the easiest thing to do is to use submission process, (helps me not lose anything) upload it someplace (or use my ftp server) and send an email to submit@ ootpmods.com; let me know it's an update and i'll update everything.

i'll get to this tonight, right now i am cleaning my garage/office. :crying:

I am fixing dinner, shepherds pie. So, I will try this tomorrow. I already a upload site. I assume I just link to that.

jazzrack 03-23-2017 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adion (Post 4172019)
I am fixing dinner, shepherds pie. So, I will try this tomorrow. I already a upload site. I assume I just link to that.

could you do me a favor and upload them in a single zip? mediafire is being a pain with a mass download

adion 03-23-2017 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzrack (Post 4172302)
could you do me a favor and upload them in a single zip? mediafire is being a pain with a mass download

My OOTP18 parks with new signage are already is in a zip file. It is at the bottom of the list.

I can't do a zip for the historical with 3D crowds because I keep adding to it. I see that Silvam just added 5 more that I will work on today.

I am having a problem with Mediafire bulk downloads also this AM. I sent them a message about and got a response that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

adion 03-23-2017 12:31 PM

They say they have the bulk download function fixed. However, I am not uploading the 5 new Silvam parks.