OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Talk Sports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Who are you going for in the playoffs? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306925)

Argonaut 09-30-2019 05:13 PM

Who are you going for in the playoffs?

I'm a Rangers fan and am partial to the Padres in the NL, so I don't have a horse in this race.

Of the playoff teams I think the Twins are the most likeable, so I'll go for them. Brewers in the NL. Both are a bit of a longshot but we'll see.

Cobra Mgr 09-30-2019 05:15 PM

Whoever is playing the Yanks. Maybe the Nats since they have never won.

David Watts 09-30-2019 05:26 PM

Until the trade deadline I would have said Houston, but I really don't want Greinke to get a ring, so I guess I will pull for Max.

GeoWar 09-30-2019 05:28 PM

American League --
New York over Minnesota
If Oakland wins the Wildcard I think they face New York
If Tampa Bay wins the Wild card I think Houston faces New York

Houston over New York
New York over Oakland

National League ----
Washington to win Wildcard game
Los Angles vs Washington ----- I think Washington
Atlanta vs St. Louis ..... Atlanta wins in 5
Washington over Atlanta to represent National League

American League wins World Series ...... either New York or Houston.

Hageneezz 09-30-2019 05:37 PM

Athletics, because of my friend Mirrf, and the Senationals [emoji6]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

mirrf 09-30-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hageneezz (Post 4542433)
Athletics, because of my friend Mirrf, and the Senationals [emoji6]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

Hey, I made a list!

Yea, I'll be rooting for the A's. Maybe, just maybe, they can win a playoff series.*

* We all know they will lose it, and Billy Beane will be blamed...

monkeyman576 09-30-2019 06:14 PM

I'm hoping for Oakland and Washington in the world series.

CBeisbol 09-30-2019 07:51 PM

Dodgers

Then it gets complicated
I don't want to lose to the Astros again, but the Astros are, objectively, awesome.
Similarly, the Rays and A's are pretty cool.
I also have an affinity for the Nats after living in the DMV for 3 years.
Milwaukee is unobjectionable
As are the Twins

Braves - objectionable

Cardinals and Yankees? No.

low 09-30-2019 07:56 PM

The Brewers obviously, but anyone other than NY and St. Louis.

At the beginning of the year I picked Washington to beat Houston. Now, I'm thinking Houston beats LA. But I'm pulling for a Milwaukee and Minnesota series.

Elendil 09-30-2019 10:28 PM

I'm an Astros fan, but I would like to see the Brewers do well and Bob Uecker to flip his #$%^.

Hard not to like the A's.

The Dodgers may have had the best season in the majors according to advanced metrics. I have to admit I will feel a bit sorry for them - just a bit - if they lose for a third year in a row. Or maybe it will be delicious - I can't quite decide.

I would like to see how the Cards' style of play fares in this era and against these teams. More curiosity than a rooting interest.

stl jason 10-01-2019 03:08 PM

Cardinals here, but don't see them getting very far if I'm honest (heck, I picked them to miss the playoffs in a pre-season prediction pool... got all the other division winners though :D)... if not them, then the Brewers, as they were my pre-season pick anyway (beating Houston)

Boomcoach 10-01-2019 03:21 PM

Probably Cardinals in the NL. Reds fan, so I don't have much love for the Birds, but have a couple friends who are Cardinals fans, so they might as well be happy!

In the AL, there is something about Houston that I like, not sure what it is (besides "not the Yankees"!)

Orcin 10-01-2019 03:49 PM

My two favorite teams, Cardinals and Astros, are still in it. I love October.

Westheim 10-01-2019 03:52 PM

Kinda like the Astros. There's like four teams I can at least tolerate, but the NL is just littered with paper bags filled with poo and on fire…...

Buster Cherry 10-01-2019 04:05 PM

I guess either Oakland or Washington followed by the Astros. I can't root for the Yankees, Brewers, or Cardinals. All the others I can take or leave.

ThatSeventiesGuy 10-01-2019 04:06 PM

Cardinals, but as long as the Dodgers and Yankees get beat, I won't be too unhappy. :laugh:

dsvitak 10-01-2019 04:08 PM

Surprising number of Cardinals fans. Me too!

Cards in 5 over Atlanta, with Flaherty pitching twice. Batters hit .192 for the YEAR against him, and .142 the second half. Never seen a better young pitcher...and with Yadi behind the plate, all he has to do is throw what Yadier wants.

In Flaherty's no decisions (11 games) he had a 1.08 WHIP, and a 2.72 ERA, with 11+SO/9 innings.

With 2 out, RISP, how about a .109 batting average, for the year, with a .502 OPS. Just unbelievable.

After that, then it gets difficult. Two seven game series. Good news, is that if the Cards play the Dodgers, Kershaw is the Card's b!tch..and always has been.

Rizon 10-01-2019 04:46 PM

Nats, so I can laugh at the Phillies even more.

Rizon 10-01-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirrf (Post 4542442)

* We all know they will lose it, and Billy Beane will be blamed...

Maybe Beanhead can make another movie out of it and fill it with more BS.

Antonin 10-02-2019 10:09 PM

Twins. Got to keep it in the division.