OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   What if... (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=256040)

WIUPIKE 06-15-2015 06:16 PM

What if...

Dont think this will happen, but what if the game was released right as the Stanley Cup is decided? Just in time for the draft...

Just wishful thinking, As like a lot of people I am looking forward to the finished product from the team.

mpejkrm 06-15-2015 06:36 PM

We haven't seen anything new in over a month except "facegen is being worked on". I wouldn't get your hopes up on this game being here before the draft.

Which isn't a bad thing. If they need more time, they need more time to get it the best it can be.

TDotSummerSports 06-15-2015 09:16 PM

What if it is released the day of the draft? I am getting close to buying Eastside Hockey Manager Early Access, but feel like FHM 2 is more of the sure thing. Kind of torn because i have both FM 15 and OOTP 16 and really like both. Never tried a hockey game other then EA Sports NHL Series.

Mgomz 06-19-2015 10:01 PM

I have other Game but has some flaws can't Edit League Structure yet for NHL but soon,can't change Trade Deadline to like end of season.

Havokk 06-20-2015 11:28 AM

It wont be out until sept or october.

Cole 06-20-2015 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havokk (Post 3884358)
It wont be out until sept or october.

Please keep baseless speculation off the forums, thanks.

Icetiger29 06-21-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3884521)
Please keep baseless speculation off the forums, thanks.

So why do you call it baseless ? Looking at the last months and communications for me it isnīt. End of May has passed, end of June is
a few days away without informations about release.

So maybe we should talk again in September, which is not more than 3 months away.

Cole 06-21-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icetiger29 (Post 3884759)
So why do you call it baseless ? Looking at the last months and communications for me it isnīt. End of May has passed, end of June is
a few days away without informations about release.

So maybe we should talk again in September, which is not more than 3 months away.

I call it baseless because I am a member of OOTP Developments and the beta team and I am aware of what's going on with development and where the game currently sits.

Havokk is not any of those things and is merely speculating based on his own perceptions. It's fine for him to state something as his opinion, but when he states it matter of factly with no justification, I have an issue with that.

I am not looking to engage anyone in an argument or escalate anything further, but I also won't tolerate people stating their speculations as facts on the forum.

I will reiterate again that end of May was a tentative release date. Perhaps it was a mistake to even put that date out there tentatively as opposed to just a general quarter/season, but it's done and gone now, so we'll deal with it moving forward. From here on, the word is that the game will be done when it's ready.

Havokk 06-21-2015 11:01 PM

So now i cant have my opinion? Wow. After everything that had happened you still make a guarantee and says the game is tentative end of may and yet once again we see no game released. Why couldnt you just say the game will be released when its finished from the beginning? I predict this game to come out in September/October because it makes sense to release it before the new NHL season starts. But also i base my prediction on the numerous other empty promises you guys made and took you all to release what was promised 2-3 months after the fact. Like your weekly updates, patches which we are still waiting for (new game engine) which was promised. I am not gonna stay quite i am going to voice my displeasure. Why? Because freedom of speech and because i paid money for the drivel you guys released called FHM14.

Hone up to your word! If you say something make it happen.

Cole 06-22-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havokk (Post 3884864)
So now i cant have my opinion? Wow. After everything that had happened you still make a guarantee and says the game is tentative end of may and yet once again we see no game released. Why couldnt you just say the game will be released when its finished from the beginning? I predict this game to come out in September/October because it makes sense to release it before the new NHL season starts. But also i base my prediction on the numerous other empty promises you guys made and took you all to release what was promised 2-3 months after the fact. Like your weekly updates, patches which we are still waiting for (new game engine) which was promised. I am not gonna stay quite i am going to voice my displeasure. Why? Because freedom of speech and because i paid money for the drivel you guys released called FHM14.

I have no problem with this post, as you clearly stated it "I predict" and suggested it was your opinion - that's fine, you are entitled to one. Your first post stated it as if it was a definitive statement of fact and that's what I wanted to avoid.

I simply don't want people getting the wrong idea about release dates from something they read here, that's all. I also don't want to escalate anything on these forums, so I hope we can maintain a sense of decorum going forward. Thanks.

AlpineSK 06-22-2015 01:32 AM

Quote:

You're welcome to your opinion.. But remember they're like.... well you know..

You're also on THEIR forum so they are welcome to say what they like and squash what they like. Cole is right.. Your statement was baseless because it involved no facts.

And finally, I don't want to get in a constitutional debate with you,a nd I'm sure nobody else does either, but you should read up on what freedom of speech includes.

Smetana 06-22-2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

...you still make a guarantee and says the game is tentative end of may...

Troll harder. You're not trying hard enough.

EDIT: By the way, this is a privately-owned website. Freedom of Speech is a mirage in an internet message board, so you should probably wave that flag in someone eles's face.

Havokk 06-22-2015 06:21 AM

Ha! I missed you Smetana. I hope you are well medicated today! �� lol. I am not trolling just saying the truth if you don't like it just keep ignoring my posts. But i have missed thee.

tward13 06-22-2015 08:18 AM

This is ridiculous. One person trolling who mixes up guarantee and tentative. People complaining because a tentative date was missed. Then if no tentative dates are given other people bitch because no dates are given.

As many times as the dev team says it will be released when ready, people still want to pin them to a date. Why, so you can complain if it's not hit?

First version was released before it was ready, which some remind us of constantly. So now they're doing their due diligence to have a more complete game and all they get is complaints.

Might be better if some people just waited until September to check in on the boards.

And yes the whole free speech thing. Hysterical.

Cole 06-22-2015 09:35 AM

OK, I'm going to close this one guys, everyone has had their say and I don't feel anything productive will come further aside from bickering back and forth.