OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   baseball card mod?? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=196421)

dcpcarmona 06-21-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCHepler25 (Post 2993533)
Under the "Layer" menu, choose "Transparency" and then "Add Alpha Channel"

Now use the magic wand to select the white background and delete it.

Save the file as a .png and you should be good to go!

Thanks!

koohead 07-21-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koohead (Post 2953497)
I took davwms' design and tweaked it a bit. I've attached the xml and here is a screen shot. I removed the year from the front and changed the font of the name on the front...moved the year to the top back, lowered the name giving it more room, and removed the team tag and the two logos on the bottom (figured the uniform was enough to designate which team this player played for).

Can someone figure a way out to take this basic HOF plaque and turn the "back" sidways (I'd be happy with just a rectangle with the same border and texture) and include the xml to get career totals (for more than just the basics here...things like doubles, RBI, SB, OBP, etc)

Jpotapoff 07-21-2010 03:10 AM

Is there a way, when creating a new card, to force it to display a certain year instead of the year in game that you created the card?

I want to go back and create a new Hall of Fame card for all of the players already inducted into the HOF in my league with the cool HOF Plaque card. But when I do that it inserts the current (in game) year instead of the year the person was inducted into the HOF...

Jpotapoff 07-21-2010 04:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I did it the hard way and modified the xml to replace the tag for year to the specific year the player was inducted. Then created the card for each player in that year. Went back to the XML and changed it to the next year, updated the cards for Hall of Famers for that year, and so on. When I was finished I changed the XML to having the tag for the year so future hall of famers should work fine.

I also modified the XML set up the card the way I preferred. Like putting the name of the team under the player's name, re-adding the league and team logos at the bottom and including the player's position at the bottom.

I also modified the picture files to set the transparencies and remove the card like rectangle around the plaque so it looks like a plaque more than a baseball card.

Here's the template, a pic of what it looks like when generated and the XML file.

Attachment 192250

Attachment 192251

Attachment 192252

Jpotapoff 07-21-2010 04:49 AM

Arg. Looks like the forum wants to convert the png to a jpg thereby losing the transparency.

I tried attaching it zipped but it's too big it won't let me...

davwms 07-21-2010 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by koohead (Post 3014051)
Can someone figure a way out to take this basic HOF plaque and turn the "back" sidways (I'd be happy with just a rectangle with the same border and texture) and include the xml to get career totals (for more than just the basics here...things like doubles, RBI, SB, OBP, etc)

Well, the plagues are the wall, so there really shouldn't be any backs at all.. I'm at work now and can't really do much now, but here's a little mock up next to an picture of an actual plaque...

I don't know if we can get a list of teams the player played for, like on the real plaques, but maybe just having the stats below the picture instead????

koohead 07-21-2010 01:43 PM

yeah good point about the back :) I guess the back is really unnecessary if you are going to just display career totals. So yes, if we could make the picture a bit smaller and list the stats on the front that would be cool.

davwms 07-23-2010 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I have created for the Hall of Fame plaque. This image is a .jpg since the .png was too large to upload. Thus, I was not able to attach the actual template files either...

DreamTeams 07-23-2010 11:19 PM

Excellent job dvwms. I would love to have your rendition of the hall of fame plaque. Do think you could send send it to me?

davwms 07-24-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamTeams (Post 3015719)
Excellent job davwms. I would love to have your rendition of the hall of fame plaque. Do think you could send send it to me?

You can download the zip file from HERE

DreamTeams 07-24-2010 03:53 AM

Thanks a bunch.

koohead 07-28-2010 11:36 AM

There a way to make that a little more "bronze-ish"? looks kinda white right now.

davwms 07-28-2010 01:22 PM

Yeah.. I will look into that.. the picture I was going by had the color a lot lighter but I found another picture of the same one and it is more of a bronze color

koohead 07-28-2010 01:30 PM

Thanky much! Look forward to trying it out.

koohead 07-29-2010 01:52 AM

tweaked hof xml

3 Attachment(s)
Modified davwms' design and just moved some elements around. Here are examples of a batter and pitcher plaques. hof.xml file attached if anyone wants to use this as a base.

Operation Shutdown 07-13-2013 11:23 PM

Does anyone have any of the png files for the plaques used here. I was looking to try and tweak a hall of fame plaque and really like what was started in this thread but unfortunately everything is a jpg or the links are broken.

Jpotapoff 07-14-2013 02:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lets see if I can upload what i've got.

Jpotapoff 07-14-2013 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blah that converts it to a JPG...

Lets try it this way.

Change the extension from XML to PNG. (my pic is too large to zip)

Jpotapoff 07-14-2013 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's another one, this one is a single plague instead of the double sided one.

Rename extension for hofplaque.xml to .png.

koohead 07-14-2013 11:02 PM

HOF plaque and xml

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a zip of what I ended up using. Includes the image png along with the xml code (and the small hof logo that I use as well). Here's an example: