OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Minor League Schedules All Messed Up (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=305813)

84Hammy 08-07-2019 12:15 PM

Minor League Schedules All Messed Up

Okay so I am still using OOTP 19. My league started with 2018 and it is now April 19, 2020. I play out all my games and I am usually on top of things, but when I went to check on some of the lower minor leagues A+ and A, the schedules either do not exist or the leagues seem to be in some type of playoffs. Lakeland looks to have played 4 games but their record shows are 3-0, with the 4th game seeming to be a the 1st in a playoff series. Rosters are there in all levels of my minors. The game had crashed after I played the major league game on the 17th, so I replaced the dat files and carried on with the next game. This might have ruined my chances for those leagues. So Is there anything I can do other than play out this season and hope to catch the issue in the preseason of the next season? I will definitely keep a close eye on A - and the rookie leagues to make sure schedules are generated. Is there an option to change in the league settings. I notice there is a "Schedule loaded from file" line and these leagues have a file listed. Also if the start date of the A- league is June 18, when is the preseason?

Bears5122 08-07-2019 04:04 PM

Just an idea. The lower A levels don't start till the end of June I believe. Meaning their preseason isn't till the end of May (when schedules are created). That means in April, it will probably still show the previous seasons results.

I guess what I'm saying is I think it's working correctly and will clear those playoff results and generate a schedule when their preseason begins in May.

84Hammy 08-07-2019 07:12 PM

The problem is that A+ and A ball are effed. They have early April start dates, so I totally missed their preseason; never thought to check schedules but I guess I'll have to add it to the to do list...that along with make a back up at key points of the season, like opening day lol!

NoOne 08-08-2019 01:02 AM

i've had this problem in the past. not sure if self-inflicted or not.

not much you can do in season. at the very least you could go per team and schedule some long 1 on 1 series or something. at least limit the effort needed, and the main concern is taken care of - development.

just go schedule an 80-game series for 1/2 the league vs the other half ,lol.... or whatever the longest series is allowed and rinse/repeat until it's enough games.

84Hammy 08-08-2019 06:43 AM

Yeah the thing that I worry about is development. What happens to these players who don’t play? I will try to add games somehow.

84Hammy 08-08-2019 07:10 AM

Okay so I was able to add regular season games to the 5 leagues. What I discovered is that the game imported the previous season playoff schedule instead of a regular season one. I will definitely keep my eye on this to see if it works.

NoOne 08-13-2019 03:34 PM

they do develop better with playing time. it wouldn't be catastrophic, but it would be sub-optimal.

it may take time, but you can add entire series at a time. at least give your teams a schedule, lol. if they don't limit you on series lenth, just do 80-140g vs 1 team... no big deal.

84Hammy 08-15-2019 03:34 PM

I set up a number of 7 game series It seems to be keeping standings so after 130 games or so I will just schedule playoff games to end the season.