OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - 3D Models (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3879)
-   -   Puzzling 3D Stadiums display issues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=291259)

joeswell 07-16-2018 11:55 PM

Puzzling 3D Stadiums display issues

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks very much to anyone who views this post.

I am still not getting all 3D Stadiums to display correctly. I am using a iMac with OSX 10.13.6

I have viewed the Video tutorial several times. I do not believe I'm missing any steps.

Some Stadiums display perfectly. Some do not. Several stadiums are all black except for the "crowd" sections. Some look terrific.

What exactly should be in the stadium folder? How should it be organized? Some downloaded stadiums have a textures folder. Some do not. Several have 20-30 .jpg and .png files, besides the .prk file "floating loose" in the Stadium Folder. Some do not.

Is there a tutorial that explains what a properly downloaded 3D Stadium Folder should look like?

Is something not allowing the .rar download file to expand correctly?

The 3D aspect of play makes the game more entertaining to play. I must be messing something up somewhere.

majoch 07-17-2018 05:42 AM

There are a few things that could be causing this.

What does the folder structure in the ballparks folder look like for this particular stadium?

joeswell 07-18-2018 05:18 PM

Folder Structure for Comiskey Park

1 Attachment(s)
This is what's inside one of Comiskey Park Folders... exactly as it was downloaded from:confused: 3D Parks

majoch 07-18-2018 07:10 PM

At first glance, that doesn’t look right. The texture files are normally in a textures sub folder of the ballpark. I’d move them all into that and see if that fixes it.

If you open the .mht file in Notepad, you’ll see that each texture is referenced by file path. Crowd textures reference a shared folder, which is why they aren’t affected. If you still have issues after moving the files into a textures sub folder, make sure that the filepaths in the mht file match that of the folder itself.

joeswell 07-19-2018 12:28 PM

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion.

I believe that you have diagnosed the issue correctly. I will let you know how it comes out. ;)

What is still puzzling is that the Comiskey Park folder looked exactly like the screen shot that I shared... exactly. Some Parks automatically have a "textures" folder and some do not. :confused:

Perhaps this a Mac vs Windows "thing." Perhaps the files are expanded differently.

Thanks again.

eriqjaffe 07-19-2018 01:25 PM

That's possible. You can double-check the "expected" path name to the textures by opening up the .mtl file in a text editor - that way, when you create the folder for the textures you give it the right name. All of the paths shown there are relative to the folder that contains the the .obj and .mtl files.

micropterus58 07-19-2018 01:36 PM

Most folders have sky_box_day, sky_box_night, and textures folders. A few have "stadium_name textures" folder. Looks like majoch was correct. I don't know much about Macs but it could be the unzipping program. I've had rare issues where 7Zip would work instead of Izarc or you'd have to use Winzip or Winrar.

joeswell 07-20-2018 11:58 AM

3D Stadium File Path

3 Attachment(s)
First, thanks very much for all your responses. :D

I'm going to attempt to clearly describe what is happening

I downloaded the folder for Comiskey Park as "Comiskey_Park_1910-1926_v1_4"

All the files were all together in the folder. I created a "Textures" folder and placed most of the files inside. Are the files placed correctly?

The stadium still doesn't display properly.

Next, I opened the .mtl file. I believe that the file path is wrong.

What should the file path be?

eriqjaffe 07-20-2018 12:42 PM

Rename the "Textures" folder to "Comiskey_Park_1910_Textures" and it should do the trick.

joeswell 07-21-2018 12:04 AM

3D Stadium issue

You are a saint! :tt1:

You diagnosed the problem correctly!

Thanks so much! :D

The Game 08-06-2018 01:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 4348670)
Rename the "Textures" folder to "Comiskey_Park_1910_Textures" and it should do the trick.

any solution for this?

eriqjaffe 08-06-2018 06:24 PM

your model's folder is in the wrong place - move the model into Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\ballparks\models

To be specific, just move the folder containing all the files and the "Fenway_Park_1988_Textures" folder, so the final path will be Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\ballparks\models\Fenway_Park_1988-2007_v1_4, with all of the files pictured present inside that folder.

The reason for this is that all of the textures - including the 3d crowds - are referenced by the .mtl file and are relative to the location of the .mtl file. So when you load the model all of the park-speicfic textures load fine because they're in the "right" place as far as the .mtl file is concerned, but the 3d crowds aren't.