OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   St Louis Cardinals: Fledgelings missions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=309056)

pgjocki 12-18-2019 12:19 AM

St Louis Cardinals: Fledgelings missions

I just picked up my last card to complete the St. Louis Cardinals Fledgeling mission but now I am wondering if I should actually hit complete or try and list all the cards back on the AH.

I keep getting bounced from Diamond back to Gold and I'm just not sure what direction I need to take the team to improve. I also don't have lots of time to dedicate right now due to real life either so that complicates the decision.

Any thoughts or is anyone really working to complete this themselves?

QuantaCondor 12-18-2019 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgjocki (Post 4570481)
I just picked up my last card to complete the St. Louis Cardinals Fledgeling mission but now I am wondering if I should actually hit complete or try and list all the cards back on the AH.

I keep getting bounced from Diamond back to Gold and I'm just not sure what direction I need to take the team to improve. I also don't have lots of time to dedicate right now due to real life either so that complicates the decision.

Any thoughts or is anyone really working to complete this themselves?

You should probably repost it. I'd sell the parts and do the SE Bumgarner mission instead, which gives you a really, really good pitcher and costs the same (if not less) than the one you did already.

micpringle 12-18-2019 04:35 AM

Please relist the cards. And if you do I'll take your 94 Dizzy Dean, as it's the last one I need to complete the mission :D

dkgo 12-18-2019 08:52 AM

The team collection missions are almost never worth it PP-wise unless you are doing the entire set.

QuantaCondor 12-18-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgo (Post 4570530)
The team collection missions are almost never worth it PP-wise unless you are doing the entire set.

Not true. A ton of them are worth it because even if you lose a little PP, it's still a big discount if you wanted to buy one of the locked cards anyway. And then there are several that are worth it PP-wise even if you have no interest in the contents.

dkgo 12-18-2019 01:36 PM

That's why I said PP-wise. PP in vs PP out. Several out of 100+ is almost never to me, but a few good ones that come to mind are SE Sisler and SE Blue.

Obviously if you plan to use the spare parts for a while that changes the calculation a bit.

QuantaCondor 12-18-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgo (Post 4570621)
That's why I said PP-wise. PP in vs PP out. Several out of 100+ is almost never to me, but a few good ones that come to mind are SE Sisler and SE Blue.

Obviously if you plan to use the spare parts for a while that changes the calculation a bit.

"Spare parts" kind of implies that you're using random golds on your team, but I'm talking about specifically targetting marquee diamonds like 98 Dahlen, 98 Yaz, 99 Kaline, 99 Kershaw, etc. as the primary goal for the collection and thinking about the reward as an afterthought. I'd argue that approach is much healthier for a team than thinking about raw PP value; after all, those locked cards represent some amount of PP for the utility they present to your team and to other collections. When you approach it that way, those collections far outnumber those where you spend less PP on the parts than the reward.

Dogberry99 12-19-2019 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuantaCondor (Post 4570626)
"Spare parts" kind of implies that you're using random golds on your team, but I'm talking about specifically targetting marquee diamonds like 98 Dahlen, 98 Yaz, 99 Kaline, 99 Kershaw, etc. as the primary goal for the collection and thinking about the reward as an afterthought. I'd argue that approach is much healthier for a team than thinking about raw PP value; after all, those locked cards represent some amount of PP for the utility they present to your team and to other collections. When you approach it that way, those collections far outnumber those where you spend less PP on the parts than the reward.

Frank DiPino feels a lot cheaper if I was going to get the Peak Nolan Ryan card anyways :)

dkgo 12-19-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuantaCondor (Post 4570626)

Gotcha. You are right that for a team like OP in gold/diamond that's reasonable, though if you are going to a top perfect level team eventually even those players won't make the cut (although I did lock in Dahlen as my SS/3B sub)