OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3876)
-   -   Huh, this is a first.. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=246645)

Habsfan18 08-03-2014 01:41 AM

Huh, this is a first..

1 Attachment(s)
You guys have any similar stories?

Have to love the realism of OOTP.

Déjà Bru 08-03-2014 02:59 PM

Haven't seen this one yet, for sure. It appears to be a storyline, not an injury message - it doesn't mention any time out of commission. Is he indeed injured?

If not, does the story fit the situation, meaning are the player's error rate up and OBP down recently? That would fit my picture of storylines in that the game seeks out a player who was experiencing this poor performance and slaps this story on him.

Storylines used to affect performance and game results when they were first introduced but my impression is that they have been toned way down in that regard. First, I hardly ever see any. Second, when I do see them, they are inconsequential. (EDIT: On the other hand, if this story is followed up with another announcing his retirement, then it is quite consequential indeed - please let us know).

Anybody else share my impression?

Afino 08-03-2014 03:27 PM

Player Report for #2 Kenny 'Honker' Becker

11/07/2023 Injured (Multiple Sclerosis (DTD)), out for 5 days.

His 2023 season was poor by his standards, .730 OPS after a career over .800.

He had significant negative development (see link on player page) during the 2023 and 2024 seasons, but nothing that I can tell is directly attributable to the MS diagnosis.

Still playing during the 2025 season.

Okay 11-08-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 3733137)
Player Report for #2 Kenny 'Honker' Becker

11/07/2023Injured (Multiple Sclerosis (DTD)), out for 5 days.

His 2023 season was poor by his standards, .730 OPS after a career over .800.

He had significant negative development (see link on player page) during the 2023 and 2024 seasons, but nothing that I can tell is directly attributable to the MS diagnosis.

Still playing during the 2025 season.

Afino, what's your current take on the Multiple Sclerosis injury?

Does this MS diagnosis have a negative effect on ratings or does it just reflect recent poor performance? I just got hit with it on an MBWBA player,
Vogel

who

1 has a team option decision needed now
2 already has a low contact rating? (5 out of 10)

avery,
GUBA
MBWBA

Izz 11-08-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okay (Post 3948851)

Does this MS diagnosis have a negative effect on ratings or does it just reflect recent poor performance?

Not that i've seen. Saw a young player in my dynasty league diagnosed with it, then a couple seasons later he broke the league's OBP, steals, and walks record, and is still continuing to perform at a high level.