OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3916)
-   -   Lots of Injuries (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=276289)

Halos2744 03-28-2017 09:58 AM

Lots of Injuries

Seems like a lot of injuries. everyweek someone is going on the Disabled list. Seems a little higher than normal. Anyone else seeing this.

simulated a MLB 2017 season with the Angels. Andrew Hainey came off of the DL for being out for a year with Tommy John. pitched one game and back on the DL for another year with Tommy John. Yikes

AirmenSmith 03-28-2017 10:33 AM

While playing in challenge mode, I didn't see anything wrong that I wasn't to blame for.

In 9 years I barely had any stars get injured. The increases I would see at times were the result of my players playing while DTD with an injury. This might be what is happening to you. The DTD has been completely redone and having guys play while DTD can really impact them.

David Watts 03-28-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4177162)
While playing in challenge mode, I didn't see anything wrong that I wasn't to blame for.

In 9 years I barely had any stars get injured. The increases I would see at times were the result of my players playing while DTD with an injury. This might be what is happening to you. The DTD has been completely redone and having guys play while DTD can really impact them.

Question, how is the AI handling this? Are AI controlled team sitting DTD guys or is this going to be a huge advantage to human controlled teams?

AirmenSmith 03-28-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4177168)
Question, how is the AI handling this? Are AI controlled team sitting DTD guys or is this going to be a huge advantage to human controlled teams?

I play GM only so I let my manager handle the players. So far I have not seen my manager play any of my guys differently when they are on DTD.

Right now what I end up doing is putting them on the disabled list. What would be nice is the ability to force a manager to sit someone or having limited number of at bats, like pitchers have pitch counts.

Lukas Berger 03-28-2017 10:47 AM

Well, we have this discussion every year but it's very easy to underrate the amount of injuries that actually happen irl. There are a huge amount! OOTP actually models this pretty accurately.

bosunmate 03-28-2017 10:49 AM

I also find the injuries different to get use to as they have a lot of nagging injuries I had one player injured 9 times with different things. I switch my setting from ootp classic to low and it is better.

gosensgo101 03-28-2017 02:36 PM

Never nerf the High (Realistic) injury levels. Injuries are fun.