OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 6 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3971)
-   -   Concern about Team Rebuilding (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=308452)

blaynus 11-19-2019 06:00 PM

Concern about Team Rebuilding

Hey guys this is my first post. I used to play the NHL series GM mode and Eastside Hockey Manager but quit both for various reasons... I bought this game because I had a serious itch that needed scratching and boy does this game satisfy. I am thankful to the developers for putting so much hard work in and am looking forward to things to come; I am so thankful, in fact, that I left a positive review on Steam like the developers ask. Anyway, onto my concern.

My first serious campaign is as the GM of the Minnesota Wild during the 19-20 season. They are obviously in no good position to win so I am rebuilding the team. I am doing the usual things: getting rid of older players for picks, signing younger guys, scouting for potential, developing my prospects, everything. As you would expect our record isn’t that great; in the first month we went almost undefeated but since then we have been at the bottom of our division (although not the bottom of the league). It is now the end of the regular season and playoffs have begun which we didn’t make. Throughout the whole season the owner of the team has been expressing his unhappiness. I go into the “Job security” page and my job security is at about 50%. At one point I got a newsflash that our head coach was in danger of being fired (although not myself). What gives for all this? At the start of the season the owner put my mission as “rebuild“. That’s what I have been doing! Of course we are going to lose games; we might win the championship in the future instead.

In the middle of the season the owner changed my mission to “balanced”. Maybe that’s why he’s upset? But I have no clue why he would do that; we are in no position to do anything but rebuild. Overall, just a confusing situation but a fantastic game. Thanks for any help I get in advance.

Adam B 11-19-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaynus (Post 4562326)
Hey guys this is my first post. I used to play the NHL series GM mode and Eastside Hockey Manager but quit both for various reasons... I bought this game because I had a serious itch that needed scratching and boy does this game satisfy. I am thankful to the developers for putting so much hard work in and am looking forward to things to come; I am so thankful, in fact, that I left a positive review on Steam like the developers ask. Anyway, onto my concern.

My first serious campaign is as the GM of the Minnesota Wild during the 19-20 season. They are obviously in no good position to win so I am rebuilding the team. I am doing the usual things: getting rid of older players for picks, signing younger guys, scouting for potential, developing my prospects, everything. As you would expect our record isn’t that great; in the first month we went almost undefeated but since then we have been at the bottom of our division (although not the bottom of the league). It is now the end of the regular season and playoffs have begun which we didn’t make. Throughout the whole season the owner of the team has been expressing his unhappiness. I go into the “Job security” page and my job security is at about 50%. At one point I got a newsflash that our head coach was in danger of being fired (although not myself). What gives for all this? At the start of the season the owner put my mission as “rebuild“. That’s what I have been doing! Of course we are going to lose games; we might win the championship in the future instead.

In the middle of the season the owner changed my mission to “balanced”. Maybe that’s why he’s upset? But I have no clue why he would do that; we are in no position to do anything but rebuild. Overall, just a confusing situation but a fantastic game. Thanks for any help I get in advance.

The Wild are by far one of the toughest challenges right now. It's hard to say without looking, but the switch to "balanced" has me a little off there. It's possible something switched, but I'm going to leave that to Jeff.

No owner likes to lose though, and even in a rebuild, they're still expecting ~.500 campaign.

However the Wild if you kept Boudreau as coach, you immediately start the game over budget, which may be part of the reason why your owner is upset as well. I'm not sure if we're going to be changing something on that or not, but owners definitely do not like being over budget.