OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Season 8 (2026) General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303165)

Orcin 05-13-2019 01:10 PM

Season 8 (2026) General Discussion

The Louisville Colonels are back for a second year in Perfect leagues (P410). Major changes were made toward the end of last year, so the same squad returns for the new season. I did upgrade my secret weapon, Pete Rose, from the 81 version to the peak 92 card. The 81 Rose had earned 4 playoff MVP awards, so I hope the new version has the same clutch ability.

I am still waiting for the price of top pitching to come down, but my own tracking shows that it is actually going up! I might have to jump in pretty soon but I am still holding out for the right guy at the right price (well ok at least a decent price).

Kushiel 05-13-2019 01:27 PM

I need top flight pitching improvements too. But I think they are still a ways off. Somehow I will make do with what I have until then unless I draw a lucky card. Yesterday I drew a Trout with the 1K for making the WS. I am debating selling him because I have no other live cards but if I do sell, he will barely make a dent in the price of the pitching I need at Perfect. I think I will hold him awhile and see if he can help me draw a pitcher ;)

dkgo 05-13-2019 01:53 PM

I still have a full page of inactive bryants, rizzos and contrerases

what is it going to take to get that last point

meanwhile gerrit cole racks up 21 Ks to 0 BBs and goes nowhere. sale and syndergaard stuck also. bleh.

Germaniac 05-13-2019 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, after another middle-of-the-road season I decided to make a few changes ...

Gone are Lou Gehrig (Peak), Billy Pierce (All-Star), Corey Kluber (Live), Gerrit Cole (Live) and Cody Bellinger (Live) for a total of 119,500 ./. 10% = 107,550

Taking their spots are Patrick Corbin (Live), Jim Palmer (All-Star), Hal White (Rookie Sensation) Hank Aaron (All-Star) and Lou Gehrig (Record Breaker) for a total of 18,172

A difference of 89,378 PP's ... and all my new team has done :rolleyes:

pappyzan 05-13-2019 05:18 PM

Added 98 Hubbell, 95 Maddux and 98 Mordecai Brown to replace Arrieta, 92 Maddux and Cisco Carlos. Moved Carlos to the bullpen to replace Treinen. Added Amos Otis as a corner OF against LHP.

Was happy with a winning record last year, would like to make the playoffs from here on out tho.Not a ton of great teams in P400, so maybe it'll happen.

Germaniac 05-13-2019 06:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germaniac (Post 4487900)
Okay, after another middle-of-the-road season I decided to make a few changes ...

Gone are Lou Gehrig (Peak), Billy Pierce (All-Star), Corey Kluber (Live), Gerrit Cole (Live) and Cody Bellinger (Live) for a total of 119,500 ./. 10% = 107,550

Taking their spots are Patrick Corbin (Live), Jim Palmer (All-Star), Hal White (Rookie Sensation) Hank Aaron (All-Star) and Lou Gehrig (Record Breaker) for a total of 18,172

A difference of 89,378 PP's ... and all my new team has done :rolleyes:

... all my new team has done is start 10-1

Hoping to continue this run I added three new pitchers in addition to "my" Brewers Ben Sheets and Cal Eldred:

joehart 05-13-2019 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After two years of small (4 division) leagues, we are back in a normal (P405) league.

Competition looks good (already ran into the a team with all of the top 5 pitchers)
so this will be fun to follow. Two more teams in my division also have PL championships.

Both of my sons are still back in Silver but landed in a league with the Gryphons teams. Have fun competing against them (Woodinville Infinite Power and Renton Dragons).

old timer 05-13-2019 08:24 PM

The Raccoons first time in perfect is going well so far, but probably because they're playing only relatively weak teams. It's our best start ever at 14-2 which is probably the only time we'll ever have the best record in P411. There are some really good teams in this league, but we're lucky since it looks like we have the weakest division.

I'm saving up PP from sales and so far have a little over 100k, but need a fair bit more to get a good SP which is my goal. Unfortunately, it does seem that the pitchers in the price range I want are being listed for more than what they were a while back and I'm not willing to pay the rates listed at the moment.

bonalditaylor 05-13-2019 09:28 PM

I bolstered my starting lineup with 100 Clemens in the playoffs last year, helped me to my first championship so Im really interested to see how he does over a full season this year. Will be hoping for a postseason entry at the min this season. Good luck all! Play Ball!

Orcin 05-13-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonalditaylor (Post 4488028)
I bolstered my starting lineup with 100 Clemens in the playoffs last year, helped me to my first championship so Im really interested to see how he does over a full season this year. Will be hoping for a postseason entry at the min this season. Good luck all! Play Ball!

We are in the same league (P410) this year, and I am glad that you are in the other conference. You have a great team and post-season play is certainly a reasonable goal. Good luck and maybe I will be lucky enough to meet you in the finals.

moalkha 05-14-2019 01:55 AM

My Perugia team is in P410 too. I think it will be difficult for them to reach the playoffs this year
Doha and Great Lake have a better chance but you never know.

Westheim 05-14-2019 02:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Raccoons (diamond) are in sort of a lop-sided division. First and last place are already 16 games apart :ohmy: … Critters are neither of those two teams and sit at 15-11. That 5-hit game by Rey Ordonez - a truly terrible hitter - made me merry, though… he was due, too: he has played 477 games for me, and has paid out a total of 420 PP now. :p

I would replace him with a hitting shortstop… IF there was a hitting shortstop with 114 DEF... that didn't cost six million PP...

The Rebels, who have crashed down to bronze, so far have been neatly resisting the urge to make any attempt at a comeback and sit at 13-13.

Westheim 05-14-2019 02:24 AM

Ah ****, ****, ****! I would have had JUST enough PP to insta-buy a Dick Bartell (106 DEF with an actual bat) card, but dumbly, numbly bid on an Andrelton Simmons before that and now I can't … I can't… I just can't anymore…

(weeps)

waittilnextyear 05-14-2019 03:06 AM

The Frogs are back in diamond for a 4th consecutive week. Win 95 games and bow out in the divisional round has been this team's calling card for the most part. Maybe we'll win 89 games and get to the subleague series this time? 13-13 so far in early going.

Winning the division will be tough as the Frogs are in a tougher division than last week. The Circle C Suburbans will probably take the division with their rotation of diamond Carlton, diamond Pedro, diamond Johan Santana, and diamond Robin Roberts. The best overall teams in D368 appear to be the Cooperstown Classics, the Marshall Cardinals, or the Jonestown Athletics (an impressive collection of mostly all-time Athletics theme team). Luckily all of these squads are in the other subleague.

Futzed around with the team some in the usual Sunday/Monday fashion... Although starting pitching continues to be the most pressing need, I've been spending more time on the offense. Maybe because position player upgrades are more numerous and more reasonably priced for a F2P'er?

I do feel a bit better about the bullpen at least. I thought life was good with Treinen a couple weeks ago, but then he decided to go and suck in real life. Swapped Treinen out for gold Rollie Fingers for a couple of "years," but Rollie is a low-end closer option at diamond level. I have gold Eck in there now and am liking the back end with Fingers/Eckersley better.

Speculated on George Springer a couple weeks back and he paid off with a nice bump to diamond. So I immediately quick sold him. It's a nice feeling to finally play the market right after whiffing on Willson Contreras and a couple others than I've managed to block out of my memory. lol

Izz 05-14-2019 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
B'sin'Glou couldn't get past the Division Series in Gold last season, despite being the best regular season team in the conference (the wildcard who beat me went on to the Gold Level Series, as wildcards often seem to do).

Opened a fair few packs but the only upgrade was Stephen Strasburg (who also got bumped up to a 91 overnight).

Jose Ramirez won the MVP last season and is off to a hot start again, slashing .314/.398/.558 in the 2-hole. We're actually hitting homers to start the season, after struggling all last year to clear the fences. Overall, we're 17-10, a 1/2 game back in our division. Taylor Rogers has appeared in 10 games, throwing 15 innings for just 5 hits, 2 walks and 0 runs.

Have to say, it's quite nice looking at a roster ranging from 50 to 98 :D

SF Giants 05-14-2019 11:48 AM

Hi, can anybody advise me how to properly set up opener/follower in the way that only one follower pitches in one game? What happens is that opener opens, follower follows, they pitches together 6-7 innings but then another follower (SP) comes to close the game. This way the followers are tired but bullpen is rested and unused.

old timer 05-14-2019 12:09 PM

The Raccoons are 22-7 and definitely benefiting from an easy schedule. The two worst teams in the league so far are both in my division. We just got through scoring 50 runs in 4 games winning all 4 against one of those two teams. They've been trapped in perfect losing over 100 games for the past 3 seasons.

My conference appears to have only 2 really strong teams (though there are others that are pretty solid), the Doha Oilers and the Pine Tar Pirates both of which are in the same division. We should be adding a new SP soon so I think our chances of making the playoffs look pretty good this season.

moalkha 05-14-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 4488270)
The Raccoons are 22-7 and definitely benefiting from an easy schedule. The two worst teams in the league so far are both in my division. We just got through scoring 50 runs in 4 games winning all 4 against one of those two teams. They've been trapped in perfect losing over 100 games for the past 3 seasons.

My conference appears to have only 2 really strong teams (though there are others that are pretty solid), the Doha Oilers and the Pine Tar Pirates both of which are in the same division. We should be adding a new SP soon so I think our chances of making the playoffs look pretty good this season.

You have a very good team yourself and it looks like you'll win the division easily.

I think I will be in a dogfight with the Pine Tar Pirates all year to avoid the wild card.

Good luck

Westheim 05-14-2019 12:50 PM

I panic-sold a Daniel Robertson card this morning to insta-buy that Dick Bartell card before I had to go. Boy's fit right in - already batting .091!

Findest2001 05-14-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4488286)
I panic-sold a Daniel Robertson card this morning to insta-buy that Dick Bartell card before I had to go. Boy's fit right in - already batting .091!

I have literally never bought an upgrade card that helped immediately. They ALWAYS suck for a few weeks of game-time before finally playing like they should. On the flip side, whenever I throw in an iron or nobody to fill a hole until I find something better, they always play like an all-star for the 15-20 games they fill-in, making me question whether or not to go with the iron card. Eventually they start sucking, too, and make me buy the replacement.