OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3638)
-   -   Über Stadium (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=144183)

Teflon 03-30-2007 09:47 PM

Über Stadium

2 Attachment(s)
Bucking the trend of small retro-style ballparks, this massive 68,000 seat venue is not hesitant to use the word “stadium” in its name. Über Stadium carries the name of a large German appliance manufacturer that purchased 30 year naming rights. It was designed to accommodate the enormous crowds that routinely packed the team’s old ballpark to overflowing during a long and storied history of tight pennant races and post season appearances.

Completely triple-decked, the ballpark still manages to retain an open feeling by using a descending design on the upper deck as the outfield stands wrap around towards the center field grandstand which is free-standing. The stadium’s dimensions are asymmetrical at 345’ down the left field line and a substantially shorter 319 to right. The wall heights compensate a bit for these disparities with an inviting 6’ barrier in left ,an 8’ wall in center, and an imposing 15’ wall in right topped by an 18 ‘ scoreboard.

The stadium offers the now-usual list of ballpark amenities including 130 private suites, 3 restaurants, a micro-brewery, and a day-care facility. The ball club’s team offices occupy a 7-story building that backs the centerfield grandstands and houses a 20,000 square foot retail store at street level.

The most distinctive feature of the ballpark is the red-seated “Rooters Roost” located atop the center field grandstands. Tickets to this special seating section are only sold the day of the game as part of a pre-game ticket rush for $6 a seat. This was a popular practice at the old stadium dating back to the 1920s that has been carried on through the years. Über Stadium has added a special Rooters-only club area at the top of the stands that features a daily barbecue and regular appearances by old-time ballplayers who greet the fans and sign autographs for team charities.

PadresFan 03-30-2007 10:48 PM

Jeez, first post since October and it's a doozy!!! Amazing work Teflon. Please tell us that you plan on doing more. :flowers:

Do you have a current archive of your work that I could host?

gbmoore121 03-30-2007 11:32 PM

Welcome home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2131632)
Bucking the trend of small retro-style ballparks, this massive 68,000 seat venue is not hesitant to use the word “stadium” in its name. Über Stadium carries the name of a large German appliance manufacturer that purchased 30 year naming rights. It was designed to accommodate the enormous crowds that routinely packed the team’s old ballpark to overflowing during a long and storied history of tight pennant races and post season appearances.

Completely triple-decked, the ballpark still manages to retain an open feeling by using a descending design on the upper deck as the outfield stands wrap around towards the center field grandstand which is free-standing. The stadium’s dimensions are asymmetrical at 345’ down the left field line and a substantially shorter 319 to right. The wall heights compensate a bit for these disparities with an inviting 6’ barrier in left ,an 8’ wall in center, and an imposing 15’ wall in right topped by an 18 ‘ scoreboard.

The stadium offers the now-usual list of ballpark amenities including 130 private suites, 3 restaurants, a micro-brewery, and a day-care facility. The ball club’s team offices occupy a 7-story building that backs the centerfield grandstands and houses a 20,000 square foot retail store at street level.

The most distinctive feature of the ballpark is the red-seated “Rooters Roost” located atop the center field grandstands. Tickets to this special seating section are only sold the day of the game as part of a pre-game ticket rush for $6 a seat. This was a popular practice at the old stadium dating back to the 1920s that has been carried on through the years. Über Stadium has added a special Rooters-only club area at the top of the stands that features a daily barbecue and regular appearances by old-time ballplayers who greet the fans and sign autographs for team charities.

CBLCardinals 03-31-2007 02:14 PM

good to see you back Teflon!
:happy:

sporr 03-31-2007 02:22 PM

Welcome back!

Qrusher14242 03-31-2007 06:06 PM

Wow! what a stadium. Welcome back!

eriqjaffe 04-01-2007 12:26 AM

Welcome back, Teflon! Awesome work, as usual!

Next thing you know, Jeff Cato will post something.

endgame 04-01-2007 02:03 AM

Simply outstanding! Great to see you back in the fold, Teflon.

Raidergoo 04-01-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 2133221)
Welcome back, Teflon! Awesome work, as usual!

Next thing you know, Jeff Cato will post something.

Please, I could only handle one shock a day.

Wow, but do those skyscrapers light up pretty at night?

Scott Vibert 04-01-2007 04:21 PM

Outstanding. :)

HolyCow98 04-02-2007 02:06 PM

Nice!....great work as always..

Hammer755 04-02-2007 02:15 PM

Welcome back TS!

Claymore 04-02-2007 02:49 PM

Amazing! Great job, looking foward to seeing more!

asaintsfan 04-02-2007 02:50 PM

Teflon!!!

Welcome back brother - I'm still using your Super Dome New Orleans Stadium - thanks for the work, your stadiums continue to be legendary and never duplicated!!!

Overkill 04-03-2007 02:12 AM

My god that is incredible!

The Wolf 04-04-2007 12:46 AM

Nice stadium!

Mike Lowe 04-06-2007 03:41 PM

This is terrific as usual. I was wondering if I could temporarily thread-jack to try and get some help on an issue with Teflon's stadiums I am using.

I'm adding two expansion teams and I'm using Kraft Stadium and Harborview (or something like that). I have ALL of the vital info for the Harbor stadium but only have basic info for Kraft Stadium. Since OOTP2007 seems to not use the same parks/parkdat files I'm not sure what to do to get these extra vitals.

What I have, for Kraft, is wall distances and capacity. What I'm missing are things like wall height, weather, %'s for each type of hit etc.

Freddy, you helped me out with this before and I actually used your post to get the vitals from the Harbor stadium but the other pic you uploaded, for Kraft, is no longer available. Do you still have that pic?

Does anyone else have Teflon's stadiums installed in an older version of OOTP that they could take a screen shot and post the vital info for Kraft stadium? I will be entering it all manually but I have no way of doing so without knowing what to put in!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

asaintsfan 04-06-2007 04:19 PM

Here ya go brother hope this helps. I still have the Panthers open in NFLSim for ya - if you're ready to come back!!! Offseason starts next week.

http://www.nflsim.net/images/kraft.gif

Mike Lowe 04-06-2007 04:46 PM

Freddy, did 6.5 keep weather information? I do not have that either! Thanks you've been a HUGE help!

Ozzie Guillen 04-08-2007 05:44 AM

Can someone please turn Skydome (aka Rogers Centre) into Uber Stadium? I love the Rooters' Roost.