OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3624)
-   -   OOTP 9 Manual Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=166878)

battists 06-30-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceM (Post 2522409)
So there's no way possible to open the manual in game and have it update all pages?

Duly noted, I'll see if we can get something like this into the next patch.

1998 Yankees 06-30-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 2522296)
I should've followed 1998 Yankees' advice and waited for patch 3 before downloading the stupid thing.

Curtis, I know I said that at one time and intended to do so. Actually, I said I would download and look at OOTP 9 until it was patched a few times before devoting my league to it, playing OOTP 8 in the meantime, but I could no longer abide by the lefty-righty split ratings merge problem. Therefore, I did end up diving in right after the first patch finally resolved that problem.

battists, I asked you a question above?

EDIT: Thanks for your response below.

battists 06-30-2008 10:42 PM

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that question there.

1998, you're welcome to keep posting these, and it's much appreciated, although to be honest, many of them are simply because I haven't gotten there yet. :(

Basically, the further down the "tree" of the manual you get, the more likely you are to find inconsistencies. Shortly I will be completely done up through the "Screen Descriptions by Menu" section, that is, if you look at the menu here. That is not to say that other sections aren't close to being complete as well, but I can say that I'm pretty confident in everything ABOVE there right now, whereas BELOW that point I think you're likely to run into the sorts of things you have pointed out.

Thanks very much!

Curtis, I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles. :( I won't pretend to know specifically what you have run into, but I do know that Markus is working on some Mac-specific issues right now, and that may be what you're looking for...

Schmidt Happens 07-02-2008 04:31 PM

Manual
 
What a great manual. First class job all the way around. I love the layout. I can only imagine how long it took to get this done.

battists 07-02-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmidt Happens (Post 2525444)
What a great manual. First class job all the way around. I love the layout. I can only imagine how long it took to get this done.

Thanks!

As far as how long it took to get it done...I'll tell you when I finish. :rolleyes:

I wish it could have all been done before the game went out, but hey, 3 years ago this game didn't have a manual at all!

battists 07-04-2008 12:14 AM

Well, for you manual nerds out there, I have a quick update.

You've probably noticed in the online manual, but the left menu is hierarchical divided into top-level menu items as follows:

Introduction and Installation
OOTP Interface and Controls
Getting Started
Creating Games
Screen Descriptions by Menu
Important Game Concepts
Playing OOTP
In-Game Reports
Customizing OOTP
Other Helpful Information

Basically, as of right now, all of the content for the sections in blue above is 100% complete (although in some cases there are references to content that isn't yet complete). If you find errors or areas that could use enhancement in any of the blue sections, please fire away.

I'm continuing to work on cleaning up the rest of the sections.

Thanks, all!

Curtis 07-04-2008 04:06 AM

And thank you for the update!

myasu 07-04-2008 04:09 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to battist for the great work. :)

ootp3to6 07-04-2008 09:14 AM

Thanks for the update and I look forward to the completed manual.
Job well done.

1998 Yankees 07-04-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battists (Post 2527022)
Well, for you manual nerds out there, I have a quick update.

You've probably noticed in the online manual, but the left menu is hierarchical divided into top-level menu items as follows:

Introduction and Installation
OOTP Interface and Controls
Getting Started
Creating Games
Screen Descriptions by Menu
Important Game Concepts
Playing OOTP
In-Game Reports
Customizing OOTP
Other Helpful Information

Basically, as of right now, all of the content for the sections in blue above is 100% complete (although in some cases there are references to content that isn't yet complete). If you find errors or areas that could use enhancement in any of the blue sections, please fire away.

I'm continuing to work on cleaning up the rest of the sections.

Thanks, all!

This is a good idea so that we don't keep bringing stuff to your attention that you have not gotten to yet. Please keep on updating your status occasionally.

battists 07-05-2008 06:56 PM

Here's a quick update. Things in blue are 100% done. Remember, just because it's not in blue doesn't mean there's no content. Mainly it means that the content hasn't been revised and improved from last year's manual content.

Introduction and Installation
OOTP Interface and Controls
Getting Started
Creating Games
Screen Descriptions by Menu

Important Game Concepts
- Human Managers
- The Player Model

- Coaches and Personnel
- Scouting
- Trading

- Finances and Player Contracts
- Player Drafts
- Roster Rules and Management
- League Events
- Tools, Functions, and Editors
Playing OOTP
In-Game Reports
Customizing OOTP
Other Helpful Information

dzanr 07-06-2008 06:02 AM

Typo found
 
Page: Customizing OOTP - Ballparks/Stadiums - A Tour of the Ballpark (Editor)

The paragraph above the 2nd screen shot reads:

Quote:

If the fence distance is short enough (under 11 feet), then an outfielder has a chance to save a homerun that is just over the wall.
This should read: If the fence height is short enough (under 11 feet), then an outfielder has a chance to save a homerun that is just over the wall.

DZ

battists 07-07-2008 11:26 PM

Here's a quick update. Things in blue are 100% done. Remember, just because it's not in blue doesn't mean there's no content. Mainly it means that the content hasn't been revised and improved from last year's manual content.

Introduction and Installation
OOTP Interface and Controls
Getting Started
Creating Games
Screen Descriptions by Menu

Important Game Concepts
- Human Managers
- The Player Model
- Coaches and Personnel
- Scouting
- Trading
- Finances and Player Contracts
- Player Drafts

- Roster Rules and Management
- League Events
- Tools, Functions, and Editors
Playing OOTP
In-Game Reports
Customizing OOTP
Other Helpful Information

Ambermonk 07-07-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battists (Post 2530406)
Here's a quick update. Things in blue are 100% done. Remember, just because it's not in blue doesn't mean there's no content. Mainly it means that the content hasn't been revised and improved from last year's manual content.

Keep on truckin' Battists. We're all behind you!:happy:

battists 07-08-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambermonk (Post 2530416)
Keep on truckin' Battists. We're all behind you!:happy:

I'm having problems now, Ambermonk.

See, for the first time in a LONG time, I've started my own OOTP solo league . . . :rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get some good uniforms put together? :D

bailey 07-09-2008 01:56 AM

I noticed that on the personnel ratings page, 6.3.1, some information under "handle rookies", for example, extends off the right side of the page. I'm using the 1680x1050 resolution setting. The problem corrects itself if I open in an external browser and here I notice that the affected areas are in a larger, bolder font.

There are other places where this occurs, usually under the word "description".

Under "Manager Reputations" the next page is titled "Getting Hired". Clicking "Getting Hired" causes an error box popup. Clicking 'cancel' allows one to continue, though.

Ambermonk 07-09-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battists (Post 2530444)
I'm having problems now, Ambermonk.

See, for the first time in a LONG time, I've started my own OOTP solo league . . . :rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get some good uniforms put together? :D

Aren't you going to design them yourself? That's half the fun (and it would give you an occasional break from the manual). :)

In any event, I would be happy to help you.

battists 07-10-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 2531438)
I noticed that on the personnel ratings page, 6.3.1, some information under "handle rookies", for example, extends off the right side of the page. I'm using the 1680x1050 resolution setting. The problem corrects itself if I open in an external browser and here I notice that the affected areas are in a larger, bolder font.

There are other places where this occurs, usually under the word "description".

Thanks, we're aware of that one, and should have it fixed shortly!

battists 07-10-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 2531438)
Under "Manager Reputations" the next page is titled "Getting Hired". Clicking "Getting Hired" causes an error box popup. Clicking 'cancel' allows one to continue, though.

I think this should be fixed in the next patch. You get this error in-game, right? Not on the external web site?

There was a problem with the conversion of the HTML < ol > tag for use in the in-game browser!

1998 Yankees 07-10-2008 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Only because you have Scouting in blue do I call your attention to this "Instant Replay" you've got going there (page=scouting_players). :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments