OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Fictional / Other Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3969)
-   -   Pacific Baseball Federation (PBF) seeks you!! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=305396)

mikezone13 07-22-2019 06:29 AM

Pacific Baseball Federation (PBF) seeks you!!

PBF is a fictional league set in the pacific islands (think Vanuatu, Tonga, Fiji etc).

It's a fictional league using strategy modifiers from 1960 to 1979.

We've been going for about 40 in game seasons, or about 4 years of real life. Note, I don't GM a team, so completely unbiased commish, I commish only.

The real difference maker in this league is that it's a potential ratings only league, so if you like going deep into your leagues, minors and feeders to analyse and review players as they develop then this league IS FOR YOU. If you just like to download the latest league, take a quick look over your team for injuries and export, then this league probably isn't for you.

We're a reasonably mature bunch of GMs where communication daily on slack isn't critical, but it's great to give your fellow GMs a ribbing when they under perform and choke in the playoffs

League specs below:

OOTP version: 21
Sim schedule: Every day at around 4am-7am central
Sim days: 7 days per sim in the regular season
Season length: 126 games
Ratings: 1-10 potential ratings only
League structure: 2 sub-leagues of 6 teams each, NO interleague play
DH: Yes, both leagues
Trading of draft picks: No
Financials: Free to do what you want except change ticket prices and offer contracts beyond 6 years in length
Communication: Slack channels (day-to-day)
StatsPlus (S+): Slack integration for real time results, drafting, awards etc. and fully hosted on statsplus
Statsab: Yes (for deep dive stats and HoF voting etc)
Minors: AAA, AA and A
Feeders: Yes, HS & COL feed into the draft
IAFAs: Yes
Writing requirement: No

League website: https://statsplus.net/pbf/home
Teams available: Nadi & Vanuatu

Email me at happybandits at gmail dot com, with the subject line "PBF - I'm Interested" if you're keen

stevem810 07-22-2019 09:36 AM

Original GM beginning my 31st season next year. Potential (only) player ratings adds a bit of mystery to the current player level so looking at the stats acquires some additional meaning. More immersive, we like to say.

We have a wonderful group of GM's here with very little turnover. Our commish is top notch. Knowledgeable about OOTP and consistent in his efforts. And, a very nice and open guy who makes being a GM here easy.

Very competitive, equaled only by how much fun we have. The South Pacific is a perfect venue for this interesting league that seems to have more big bats than big arms. If you like offense you will be right at home here. The best fit would be someone who is in it for the long haul.

strent27 07-23-2019 09:15 AM

PBF is a Ton of Fun lots lots of involved GM's and good competition! My favorite league so far! Also, the Commish is heavily involved, fair, and helpful! Come join when we have an opening!

Steve (GM of Papeete Black Pearls)

mikezone13 09-19-2019 07:59 AM

Tafuna and Noumea vacant, come on in, you'll love it!!

mikezone13 09-23-2019 08:43 PM

Tafuna still vacant, come and get in on this league!

mikezone13 11-08-2019 06:37 AM

Honiara is now vacant, perfect time to get invovled as the Ammy Draft pool starts tomorrow!!!

Email or DM me if interested

mikezone13 11-24-2019 07:36 AM

Honiara (still) and Nadi are vacant, this is a league with a real difference, come get some!!

mikezone13 08-02-2020 07:04 AM

Nadi available, le tm eknow if interested in a potential ratings, basically stats only, league.

Updated with just Nadi available.

mikezone13 11-08-2020 11:41 PM

Nadi & Vanuatu are available.