OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3937)
-   -   Facegen issue since OOTP 8 - Help Please! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=298990)

mbriantyne 02-19-2019 08:37 PM

Facegen issue since OOTP 8 - Help Please!

In every version of OOTP I have played, when I am running a fictional league over many seasons with fictional FaceGen pictures, some of the player pictures freeze and can no longer be updated. This is still the case with OOTP 19. I only noticed this when certain players would switch teams, but their pics would still show their former team's uniform. They do not update at the end of a season either. They remain locked/frozen. The only way to update is to use the auto reload function, but that changes the face to a completely different one. Only a small percentage of players have this happen, but it increases with each passing season and it seems to be completely random. It is frustrating because it breaks the immersion that the FaceGen helps to add to the game. Would love to know if others have had this problem and if there is a solution for it. I have been having this problem since OOTP 8, but I have never bothered to use the forums before. It would be AMAZING to have this finally fixed. Any ideas? Thanks.

ConStar 02-20-2019 02:14 AM

I had this issue crop up with a vengeance in OOTP18. I never fixed it.

Once I updated the league to OOTP19, it stopped happening. I was hoping this was a bug I wouldn't see again in the future but apparently, it still affects some of us (you).

mbriantyne 02-21-2019 12:27 AM

Thanks, ConStar. At least I know I am not alone. It is so frustrating, but I have hope that there is someone out there who knows what causes this - and better yet - how to fix it.

Alex Murray 02-21-2019 05:22 PM

Hey mbriantyne,

Do these freezes occur with all of the different Facegen settings on different modes? If you go into the league settings>players & Facegen and change the settings to allow for changes on every mood change? I'd also love to know if you can force an update and if that fixes the freezing for facegen changes. That'll be found in the same place.

Thanks
Alex

mbriantyne 03-03-2019 03:37 PM

Changing the settings does not seem to have any effect. Also, forcing an update does nothing for the players whose pictures are frozen. To clarify, when I say frozen, I mean that the player's profile displays a picture for the player, but it will no longer update with age, mood, team change, etc. It is as if the game or the Facegen feature has lost the data for that player's picture and so it just stays on the last accurate picture it had. Again, if I try to reload a new picture it changes to a completely different face. Maybe this is not a common problem if people don't create entirely fictional leagues that run for decades, but that is the whole reason I play OOTP.

BMW 03-11-2019 09:17 PM

I still find this regularly happening in OOTP 19. I always suspected that it had something to do with the "Delete Players Who Never Reached Majors" option being set to on, but it doesn't really follow the evidence (I've had AAA players suddenly get "jammed"). We're in an online league that has been running fictional for the past 50-ish seasons.

Forcing updates doesn't actually fix the problem - I think the only ways to fix it are: completely regen all the fictional faces (i.e. not updates but entirely new faces), or to go in one player at a time and force a new face for that single player (basically the same as the first option, only you're not giving a facelift to 100% of the league to fix the 2% that are problems).

When I've done this for my Mets minors (I'm one of the league admins), I usually find 1-4 players per team after a year or two. I also notice that the player seems to have some kind of alternate headshot a lot of the time - that includes more of the shoulders.

Chico Guilbault 03-21-2019 02:28 PM

I've had this issue from time to time. Sometimes just hitting "same picture" will fix it. I assume this does not work for you? I know that it doesn't always do the trick and I'll have to reload, which does change the face. I could swear the auto reload used to fix it without changing it...in some previous version.