OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   Good news: New league seeding options coming in next update! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=297975)

Markus Heinsohn 01-23-2019 11:46 AM

Good news: New league seeding options coming in next update!

Update: The patch with this option is now live!

---------

Hello everyone,

after a lot of work, the next update (which will probably be released on Friday) will feature an option that will allow you to choose how our servers place/seed your team after promotion / regelation in the PT league system.

There are three options:

1) "Random": Your team will be put in a random league of your level, no matter if you were promoted / relegated or not. This is how it works right now.

2) "Stay put": This will, in case you were not relegated or promoted, leave you in the league you are right now, together with the teams of the league that have selected the same option. If you did get promoted or relegated, you will be seeded randomly in your next level, unless you select option number 3 prior to Monday morning 5 AM ET:

3) "Use Friends List": This will result in the algorithm trying to place you in a league together with as many mutual friends (who are on the same level as you) as possible. The maximum number of friends has been increased from 10 to 30, by the way.

Hope this is good news! Thanks to Chris who made this possible :) The next promotion & relegation round on Monday, Jan 28, will use these new options.

On top of that, the Profile & Settings tab of the PT Home Screen will add another new feature, a button "Delete old PT league files". I think you can all guess what this does ;)

Cheers,
Markus

PS: You can find the new option in the upcoming update here:

http://markus.ootpdevelopments.com/seeding.jpg

dishnet34 01-23-2019 11:58 AM

A feature that was well worth the wait. This should make a lot of people extremely happy.

Thanks so much, guys. :thumbup1:

CrazyWR 01-23-2019 11:59 AM

For this, did how we add friends change? When adding my dad, it did not notify him of anything like this and I had to go on his profile and manually add me back. It would be a lot easier to increase friends list if there was a notification that came up if someone added you and gave you a button to click saying add back or decline etc.

Also, thanks! This is exciting, can't wait for this

Zorro 01-23-2019 12:03 PM

Thank you my friend. Great add......

Zorro 01-23-2019 12:07 PM

One big problem. All my friends have great teams and are very good players.😱

Markus Heinsohn 01-23-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyWR (Post 4422474)
For this, did how we add friends change? When adding my dad, it did not notify him of anything like this and I had to go on his profile and manually add me back. It would be a lot easier to increase friends list if there was a notification that came up if someone added you and gave you a button to click saying add back or decline etc.

Also, thanks! This is exciting, can't wait for this

We'll have such a notification in OOTP 20 hopefully. Right now, you'll just have to tell your dad that you want to be his friend :)

I imagine online leagues will use this feature a lot. Commishes should open a thread on the league's forum where users post their PT username, so everyone can add each other as friends in PT (via the manager search).

Thalion 01-23-2019 12:21 PM

Just so I understand, the friend request has to be mutual, right? So both managers have to request each other or the request is ignored?

Markus Heinsohn 01-23-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalion (Post 4422491)
Just so I understand, the friend request has to be mutual, right? So both managers have to request each other or the request is ignored?

The request not, but if a friend is not mutual, he will be ignored in the seeding algorithm.

DonkeyKongSr 01-23-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalion (Post 4422491)

Makes sense, otherwise you could use the feature to stalk terrible teams.

asaintsfan 01-23-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 4422485)
One big problem. All my friends have great teams and are very good players.😱

;)

You do just fine Mr Zorro!

bailey 01-23-2019 02:33 PM

Good work! You really do listen to suggestions! The only thing left to fix is the "short leagues" problem, although if my math is right all the perfect leagues this season had exactly 30 teams.

Medici 01-23-2019 02:54 PM

Great news! Thanks Markus, Chris, and the rest at of the dev team! PT continues to develop into more fun.

Zorro 01-23-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaintsfan (Post 4422555)
;)

You do just fine Mr Zorro!

Not if I am in a league full of you my friend.😉

Clavette 01-23-2019 04:30 PM

Nice. Now I just need friends :(

asaintsfan 01-23-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 4422578)
Not if I am in a league full of you my friend.😉

Says the “whale” killer!!
:(

Zorro 01-23-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaintsfan (Post 4422614)
Says the “whale” killer!!
:(

Your to kind my friend.😁

Markus Heinsohn 01-25-2019 11:49 AM

Update: The patch with this option is now live!

Bunktown Ballers 01-25-2019 07:38 PM

Awesome

Just bc I won in diamond league doesn't mean I belong in perfect league. My team stats & numbers are just skewed. Dont make much sense. I won my division on last game of season in diamond & playoffs seems like were full tilt. I was quiet shocked I even won. Now in diamond it seems like division I'm in is so weak. Leader barely at .500 & I've lost interest in even trying to compete. Just not fun when u cant compete.

Bottom Of The Sixth 01-26-2019 10:23 AM

Where is the option to be able to "Delete old PT league files"?

With the new 19.14.133 update , I am not seeing it.

Thanks
-----------------------

I just found it, so disregard.

zrog2000 01-26-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth (Post 4423684)
Where is the option to be able to "Delete old PT league files"?

With the new 19.14.133 update , I am not seeing it.

Thanks
-----------------------

I just found it, so disregard.

Wow, I clicked that button and it deleted 23 folders. Who knew?