OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Would you prefer not to have a guaranteed bronze card from regular pack? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=305090)

Semtextual 07-11-2019 07:55 AM

Would you prefer not to have a guaranteed bronze card from regular pack?

This hurts your chances of getting a better card right? Should they remove it?

Westheim 07-11-2019 08:31 AM

Anything that keeps me from getting another Neil Ramirez is more than welcome.

dkgo 07-11-2019 09:02 AM

Obviously

They don't because it is intentional to keep the value of a pack down. Plus it's a selling point to less experienced players who don't understand probabilities and would be more pissed at getting some all iron packs.

Ty Cobb 07-11-2019 09:12 AM

I'd prefer not get duplicate players in a pack...but it happens. The guaranteed bronze is a good baseline.

atabakin 07-11-2019 09:15 AM

Honestly, I just view standard packs as a five-card pack with an extra bronze card thrown in. That way having a mostly useless bronze card instead of another chance at a better card doesn't bother me as much.

GlassGuyBob 07-11-2019 10:23 AM

Basically, this question is: would you rather have 6 card packs instead of 5 card packs. Obviously, I would.

Argonaut 07-11-2019 10:45 AM

I don't mind it. It keeps up the supply of Tony Gwynns and Rod Carews so it's easier for new players to start a team.

bphilb 07-11-2019 11:12 AM

It's fine. There are a ton of bronze cards and it helps newer and F2P players at first so I don't see any harm. I do get a bit sad when the first 5 cards are iron and I know I have no chance at something else, but I tend to get over it over the course of a few days. :)

dancariaz 07-11-2019 11:16 AM

I always thought the guaranteed card can be a card of higher value too, no?

Something that bothers me is that it isn't stated in the game that historic cards have lower drop rates than live cards. It bothers me even more that some historic cards have lower drop rates than other historic cards of the same level. I feel like that is information that should be made available to the public with exact numbers.

Maybe OOTP as a game isn't getting enough attention yet but big games like HS or Magic were forced by EU and Chinese laws to make drop rates available for every single card.

Goliathus 07-11-2019 11:17 AM

The skimmer in me thought it's at least a bronze card. Darn, that's worst.

dkgo 07-11-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancariaz (Post 4513689)
I always thought the guaranteed card can be a card of higher value too, no?

Something that bothers me is that it isn't stated in the game that historic cards have lower drop rates than live cards. It bothers me even more that some historic cards have lower drop rates than other historic cards of the same level. I feel like that is information that should be made available to the public with exact numbers.

Maybe OOTP as a game isn't getting enough attention yet but big games like HS or Magic were forced by EU and Chinese laws to make drop rates available for every single card.

Completely different since HS and magic the drop rate for any card of a particular rarity is the same, and all cards of a rarity have the exact same value (not in terms of gameplay obviously, but in terms of wildcards/dusting since there is no marketplace).

Ultimate team just put <1% which is hilariously useless

dancariaz 07-11-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgo (Post 4513691)
Completely different since HS and magic the drop rate for any card of a particular rarity is the same, and all cards of a rarity have the exact same value (not in terms of gameplay obviously, but in terms of wildcards/dusting since there is no marketplace).

Ultimate team just put <1% which is hilariously useless

True but in Magic's case that's not what it used to be (printed cards at least). They were forced to print the same amount of cards at each level of rarity.

Hearthstone also had to make Arena card probabilities available, which are pretty ... interesting. I can remember the outcry of the community when they had to release those because some cards literally appeared 3 times more often in the draft than other cards of the same rarity :laugh:

dkgo 07-11-2019 12:26 PM

Thats weird since you dont actually add the cards to your collection in arena. It makes sense that you would want to curate the selection to make for better gameplay.

Though I havent played in years so maybe that changed.

Fenixdown 07-11-2019 01:36 PM

What they really need to do is either a. change the Standard Pack to include a guaranteed bronze OR HIGHER card, b. make the guaranteed card Silver instead of bronze, or c. remove guarantees entirely and lower the price of packs to 500 PP.

I have to agree. 1,000 PP for what's most likely going to be 5 irons and 1 bronze is a total buzzkill. Like borderline Buzz Killington levels of it.

SpacePope 07-11-2019 01:44 PM

You don't get to keep the cherries, bells, and sevens from slot machines either.

It's not about whether the goal is collecting something or not, it's that you're paying money (possibly) for a chance at certain results. There are laws requiring full disclosure of the odds of getting all possible results.

Also, you don't own your OOTP collection. When OOTP decides to stop supporting the game, you can't ask them to buy you out. HS arena is the same but in a much shorter time frame. You get to use the cards for a time, and then you don't.

BigRed75 07-11-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semtextual (Post 4513622)
Would you prefer not to have a guaranteed bronze card from a regular pack?

No.

Quote:

This hurts your chances of getting a better card right?

No.

Quote:

Should they remove it?

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacePope (Post 4513733)
You don't get to keep the cherries, bells, and sevens from slot machines either.

This is the best line from what is an otherwise turgid thread.

dkgo 07-11-2019 02:46 PM

I'm interested in your logic behind the conclusion that forcing one card to not be silver, gold, diamond, or perfect doesn't decrease the likelihood of opening a silver, gold, diamond, or perfect.

waittilnextyear 07-11-2019 02:47 PM

Well, if they're gonna guarantee me a historical perfect card in every standard pack, I wouldn't say no...

That might actually drive me to start buying packs in the first place.

BigRed75 07-11-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkgo (Post 4513764)
I'm interested in your logic behind the conclusion that forcing one card to not be silver, gold, diamond, or perfect doesn't decrease the likelihood of opening a silver, gold, diamond, or perfect.

Especially since, 30 seconds ago, I just opened a pack with 1 bronze, 4 iron...and 1 gold.

The OP's argument is like a leaky bucket. It simply doesn't hold water.

One Great Matrix 07-12-2019 12:02 AM

Hey, man. I'll take the cards I get.

I wouldn't mind...if there were slightly more...slightly more...diamonds & especially perfects.

I have opened a good deal of packs...I have not uncovered my first perfect card from packs as of yet...I'm gonna go buy a pack now. I'm due.