OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Sounds (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=4011)
-   -   Walk-up Name Announcement Sound Files - Detroit Tigers (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=288969)

Bobble 04-25-2018 07:51 PM

Walk-up Name Announcement Sound Files - Detroit Tigers

1 Attachment(s)
I've been playing with walk-up sounds for OOTP. Rather than music snippets, Silvam suggested name announcements instead so I tried to automate that a little.

Attached is a zip file of "walk-up" sound files for OOTP. They're as if the player's name were announced over the P.A. They're made using an online text-to-speech software ( https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/ ) and some editing (using the free Audacity software). The attached file is most of the Detroit Tigers batters and a few bonus players.

Players:
Andrew Toles.ogg
Christian Villanueva.ogg
Dixon Machado.ogg
Dylan Cozens.ogg
JaCoby Jones.ogg
James McCann.ogg
Jefry Marte.ogg
Jeimer Candelario.ogg
John Hicks.ogg
Jose Iglesias.ogg
Miguel Cabrera.ogg
Mikie Mahtook.ogg
Niko Goodrum.ogg
Omar Narvaez.ogg
Renato Nunez.ogg
Victor Martinez.ogg
Victor Reyes.ogg

Instructions:
Download and unzip into the C:\Users\<you>\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\sounds directory before you start up OOTP.

Notes:
- "walk-up" sound files don't play when the player walks up. They play after the first button press. That's when OOTP locks in the AB.
- The sounds don't always play. <shrug> Maybe that's a good thing. They can get old.
- Walk-up sounds only play for the home players.
- They may take a while after you download and install them to settle in and begin to play for you. <shrug>
- The OOTP manual says that the files should be .wav but .ogg files work just fine and are much smaller filesize.

If you want to make your own, it's pretty easy. Here's the process I use:
1. I grab a list of names that I want to process. Usually it's a lineup list from online or from OOTP and then "Open in External Browser".
2. Fiddle with that list in Excel or a text editor to get just the names without position, number, etc.
3. I go to https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/ , set the voice to "English(US)-Ryan", set the Speed to -1 to slow down and deepen his voice, and paste the list of names.
4. Do a test listen. Most names are probably OK. If he butchers someone's name try to edit the name to be more phonetic. Something like "Cast EE ahn nose" for Castellanos. Mlb.com has last name pronunciations if you need 'em.
5. I use the free Audacity software to capture and edit the sounds. Here's a link on how to have Audacity capture the sounds that are played from your PC speakers: https://www.howtogeek.com/217348/how...ut-stereo-mix/. I use Option 2: and let Audacity do it.
6. Hit record in Audacity and play on the naturalreaders website. That will give you a track in Audacity with several names.
7. In Audacity, I then select one name's worth and about 1 second after (to allow for echo). Copy. Paste in a new project.
8. If the name sounded a little funky, you can edit while it's in Audacity. The only editing I've done is snip out some long sounds (e.g. he sounds like "Castellannnnnnnnos" so I take out a half a second of nnnn's).
9. Add Effect/reverb at the "large room" setting. The "large room" setting will be defaulted after the first time you select it.
10. Add Effect/echo at delay=0.5 and decay=0.25 settings. Those settings remain defaulted after the first time.
11. Export as .ogg file with the player's name as the filename (e.g. "Miguel Cabrera.ogg) in the ...\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\sounds directory.
12. Exit that new project.
13. Repeat steps 7 - 12 for the next name.

It's pretty easy once you're set up. You can do about 15 names in 15 minutes once you get the hang of it.

Questions and comments are welcomed.

Bobble 04-25-2018 07:54 PM

Kansas City Royals

1 Attachment(s)
Most of the Kansas City Royals batters.

Players:
Abraham Almonte.ogg
Adalberto Mondesi.ogg
Alcides Escobar.ogg
Alex Gordon.ogg
Cam Gallagher.ogg
Cheslor Cuthbert.ogg
Derek Norris.ogg
Drew Butera.ogg
Jon Jay.ogg
Jorge Solar.ogg
Lucas Duda.ogg
Mike Moustakas.ogg
Paulo Orlando.ogg
Salvador Perez.ogg
Whit Merrifield.ogg

Bobble 04-25-2018 07:58 PM

Chicago White Sox

1 Attachment(s)
Most of the Chicago White Sox batters:

Players:
Adam Engel.ogg
Daniel Palka.ogg
Jose Abreu.ogg
Leury Garcia.ogg
Matt Davidson.ogg
Nicky Delmonico.ogg
Tim Anderson.ogg
Trayce Thompson.ogg
Welington Castillo.ogg
Yoan Moncada.ogg
Yolmer Shanchez.ogg

Edit: Just noticed Sanchez is misspelled. It's misspelled on the filename too. You'll have to fix that if you download this batch.

Bobble 04-25-2018 08:00 PM

Minnesota Twins

1 Attachment(s)
Most of the Twins batters:

Players:
Avisail Garcia.ogg
Brian Dozier.ogg
Byron Buxton.ogg
Eduardo Escobar.ogg
Ehire Adrianza.ogg
Jake Cave.ogg
Jason Castro.ogg
Joe Mauer.ogg
Logan Morrison.ogg
Miguel Sano.ogg
Mitch Garver.ogg

Bobble 04-26-2018 06:34 PM

BTW, I didn't do pitchers but if you do a walk-up sound file for a pitcher, it plays when the pitcher is announced at the beginning of the game.

silvam14 04-27-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobble (Post 4317427)
BTW, I didn't do pitchers but if you do a walk-up sound file for a pitcher, it plays when the pitcher is announced at the beginning of the game.

This is really cool. Thanks. I’ll see if I can take a few minutes buried in stadiums and play around.

If anything, maybe this will spur the OOTP dev team to add additional functionality to make this easier and more seamless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobble 04-28-2018 09:30 AM

Cleveland Indians

1 Attachment(s)
I don't like 'em but I did the Indians for completeness. ;)

Players:
Bradley Zimmer.ogg
Brandon Guyer.ogg
Edwin Encarnacion.ogg
Erik Gonzalez.ogg
Francisco Lindor.ogg
Jason Kipnis.ogg
Jose Ramirez.ogg
Michael Brantley.ogg
Rajai Davis.ogg
Roberto Perez.ogg
Tyler Naquin.ogg
Yan Gomes.ogg
Yonder Alonso.ogg

Bobble 05-18-2018 01:17 PM

BTW, if anyone is doing these for other teams or for individual players, feel free to drop them in this thread.

micropterus58 05-18-2018 05:46 PM

Bobble, thanks for this information. I have an older Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme card and Audacity did not like it. I researched the interwebs without a solution. I was about to resign myself to failure when I noticed that a Firefox plugin I used for saving videos was saving the audio files. Oh Happy Days. Now I can save audio files for my fictional team. I promise I will name my first born child "Bobble".:D

The plugin is Video DownloadHelper. It's for Firefox. Use the Add-ons Manager to install it. This plugin saves the file as MP3 and you should do one name at a time in Natural Reader. Make a list of the names. Copy one name to Natural Reader. Save the audio file and then rename it accordingly. Repeat for all names.Use audacity to export the files plus add the echo and reverb.

I will do the local teams. The Boston Red Sox and NY Yankees so other OOTPers can use them also.

Bobble 05-18-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micropterus58 (Post 4325777)
Bobble, thanks for this information. I have an older Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme card and Audacity did not like it. I researched the interwebs without a solution. I was about to resign myself to failure when I noticed that a Firefox plugin I used for saving videos was saving the audio files. Oh Happy Days. Now I can save audio files for my fictional team. I promise I will name my first born child "Bobble".:D

The plugin is Video DownloadHelper. It's for Firefox. Use the Add-ons Manager to install it. This plugin saves the file as MP3 and you should do one name at a time in Natural Reader. Make a list of the names. Copy one name to Natural Reader. Save the audio file and then rename it accordingly. Repeat for all names.Use audacity to export the files plus add the echo and reverb.

I will do the local teams. The Boston Red Sox and NY Yankees so other OOTPers can use them also.

Excellent! Good workaround with the Firefox plugin. It gets addicting. Once you start to have names for some guys, it just seems off when you go to a stadium that "doesn't bother" to announce their players to the crowd. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by micropterus58 (Post 4325777)
I promise I will name my first born child "Bobble".:D

I'm gonna hold you to this. If I don't read about a young boy or girl named Bobble born in Connecticut in the next 20 years, expect a strongly worded letter.

micropterus58 05-21-2018 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the 40 man roster for the Boston Red Sox. If any names are pronounced wrong let me know. I did research the pronunciations on the internet plus from NESN games. I did not use Jerry Remy's version.:laugh: For those who do not know, Remy has a "Boston" accent. He is the color analyst on Red Sox games. Pitchers do get announced when inserted as relievers.

The Game 05-21-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobble (Post 4316984)
Most of the Chicago White Sox batters:

Players:
Adam Engel.ogg
Daniel Palka.ogg
Jose Abreu.ogg
Leury Garcia.ogg
Matt Davidson.ogg
Nicky Delmonico.ogg
Tim Anderson.ogg
Trayce Thompson.ogg
Welington Castillo.ogg
Yoan Moncada.ogg
Yolmer Shanchez.ogg

Edit: Just noticed Sanchez is misspelled. It's misspelled on the filename too. You'll have to fix that if you download this batch.

Bobble, you're still alive? i thought you died. Just kidding havent seen you in a long time.
How would i go about making a custom team walk up
Bamm-Bamm Rubble, Bart Simpson, Batman, etc?

Bobble 05-22-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 4327042)
Bobble, you're still alive? i thought you died. Just kidding havent seen you in a long time.
How would i go about making a custom team walk up
Bamm-Bamm Rubble, Bart Simpson, Batman, etc?

Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated. ;)

The walk-ups are tied to the player name, regardless of team - real or fictional. So you get a sound clip (text-to-speech like in this thread or a music clip), save as Bamm-Bamm Rubble.wav or Bamm-Bamm Rubble.ogg in the /sound folder. The next time you run the game, if the player is playing at home, you will often hear that sound clip after you hit a button when that player is brought in (pitchers) or at bat (hitters). It's pretty easy. :thumbup1:

silvam14 05-24-2018 02:42 PM

This is really cool. I hope that the development team will enhance this in future versions by allowing for both teams names to be announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micropterus58 05-27-2018 03:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New York Yankees 40 man roster walk up files.

micropterus58 05-27-2018 03:28 PM

Audacity has what they call "chains". Others may refer to these as macros. You can chain multiple commands together. I used it to add the reverb and echo and then save as an OGG file. You must run a file through the process once so the presets and values are set. Then you can create a chain. Audacity has plans to expand the chain commands in the future. I did not figure out how to add the silence to the end and be able to add commands for the "skip to start' or "skip to end" which would make the process easier.

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/...utomation.html

micropterus58 11-02-2018 01:51 PM

I found another option. This site will allow you to save the mp3 file directly. It has two male voices and three female voices. It also does other languages.

1) enter the name. you may need to spell phonetically.

2) select voice and speed. slow or medium seems to be good.

3) click on Create Audio File.
4) play and verify

5) right click and save link as on Download Audio File.
6) follow Bobble's Audacity instructions.

http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/

Bobble 03-21-2019 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some portion of the Phillies per request. Harper and Cozens are already in other zip files.

Andrew McCutchen
Jean Segura
Bryce Harper
J.T. Realmuto
Odubel Herrera
Cesar Hernandez
Maikel Franco
Sean Rodriguez
Nick Pivetta
Nick Williams
Scott Kingery
Andrew Romine
Vince Velasquez
Dylan Cozens
Trevor Plouffe

Bobble 03-26-2019 10:41 AM

PSA: You can change the volume of the background sounds (like walkup music) during a game by going to Options/Game Options/Play By Play Options/Background Volume (it's there near PbP speed, ball size, etc.). I found the walkup stuff was a little too loud for me.

Bobble 04-07-2020 05:56 PM

If anyone is still using these, in OOTP21 the Music Volume setting controls the volume for these files.