OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3961)
-   -   AI making roster moves without permission (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=301467)

Chomps 04-01-2019 11:33 PM

AI making roster moves without permission

I am playing as GM/Coach of the Washington Nationals, and the AI keeps placing Matt Adams on waivers.

My team control settings are set correctly, so that I am the one that can make roster moves, transactions, etc...

waittilnextyear 04-02-2019 12:04 AM

It's pretty common that people will select "Act As..." (which sort of makes them a co-GM with the AI) instead of taking full control of a team. This is what usually results in the cpu making moves you don't want it to make. I'd suggest you take a look at Available Jobs under your Manager menu and make sure that you are, in fact, installed as GM/manager of the team you want.

quillenl 04-03-2019 01:50 PM

When all settings are verified correct, having Do Not Disturb set in your email settings will still result in the GM going on a rampage of your system. Un-check that box as it is the issue 99% of the time I've seen it happen and gone nuts looking in the settings for something I missed.

Chomps 04-03-2019 03:57 PM

Thanks guys, however, none of your solutions have corrected the problem. I am set as GM/Coach and I don't have "Do Not Disturb" set.

AESP_pres 04-03-2019 04:05 PM

Do you have a meddling owner? I think I've read in a post here that this could be the reason why some movement could happened without you make them...

quillenl 04-04-2019 03:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached a picture of my settings. Have not seen any cases of meddling owners actually making roster moves in ver 19 or 20 (not saying that it doesn't happen but I have had some pretty crappy owners).

It's likely a setting somewhere, so apologies if asking for information if you have already validated the settings. Can you validate Team Control Settings are set per the attached pic. Sometimes people set human control for the MLB roster moves and don't realize the minors are still set for the AI as one example.

Chomps 04-04-2019 02:42 PM

I have "Minor League Free Agent Signings and Releases" set to Minor League Managers and "Minor League Promotions/Demotions/Strategy" set to Assistant GM

sley 04-05-2019 03:36 AM

Is the Roster AI box unchecked on the team's edit finance screen?

phenom 04-05-2019 08:29 AM

I had an owner in 19 make moves from time to time, and that drove me nuts.

Chomps 04-05-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sley (Post 4468343)
Is the Roster AI box unchecked on the team's edit finance screen?

I looked under Front Office > Finances and I don't see this check box.

Is the problem I reported a bug or not? I have not had this issue with other versions of OOTP with the Team Control Settings that I have set.

WIUPIKE 04-05-2019 09:43 PM

Please take a screenshot of your owner.

Chomps 04-06-2019 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Owner and Team Control screenshots:

WIUPIKE 04-06-2019 04:58 PM

I would send the files in and have them look at it.

Lukas Berger 04-10-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIUPIKE (Post 4469178)
I would send the files in and have them look at it.

I would guess this is indeed a settings issue, but since the replies above covered all the settings that would likely affect this, it might be useful for us to have a look at the league files to see if we can figure out why this is happening.