OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   OOTP 20 - Final release build for tomorrow is now compiling! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=300359)

Markus Heinsohn 03-21-2019 07:55 AM

OOTP 20 - Final release build for tomorrow is now compiling!
 
The time is near. We are about to compile the final release build for tomorrow's launch. Number 20. Can you believe it?

I would like to thank everybody involved in this incredible journey, starting with my ex-girlfriend from October 1997 who complained back then that I spent too much time with this nonsense baseball game idea. Which obviously motivated me even more. :laugh:

This game would not be what it is today without the countless volunteers and beta testers who help us every year. And it would not be what it is without you guys, the community., who keep us on our toes and support us with so much feedback and so many great ideas. You guys are awesome. :thumbup1:

So, 28 hours left and the game will launch. We can't wait!

OK. Sentimental rant is over. See you tomorrow for our biggest and best launch ever!

Markus

:thumbup1:

Ormondbeachdan 03-21-2019 08:00 AM

Everyone has a "mission in life".. You certainly found yours and ran with it!.. I think that's the hard part.. and because of that you have given so much pleasure to others. As a baseball sim player since 1963 (yes that is correct), playing a game like this has been my dream. Hats off to you and the wonderful staff for making it come true... SUPER EXCITED

Gerry58 03-21-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4456547)
The time is near. We are about to compile the final release build for tomorrow's launch. Number 20. Can you believe it?

I would like to thank everybody involved in this incredible journey, starting with my ex-girlfriend from October 1997 who complained back then that I spent too much time with this nonsense baseball game idea. Which obviously motivated me even more. :laugh:

This game would not be what it is today without the countless volunteers and beta testers who help us every year. And it would not be what it is without you guys, the community., who keep us on our toes and support us with so much feedback and so many great ideas. You guys are awesome. :thumbup1:

So, 28 hours left and the game will launch. We can't wait!

OK. Sentimental rant is over. See you tomorrow for our biggest and best launch ever!

Markus

:thumbup1:




Out of the girlfriend 2020

neugey 03-21-2019 08:02 AM

Looking forward to tomorrow. Cheers to the hardest working team in the sim community!

WIUPIKE 03-21-2019 08:07 AM

Markus, thank you again for another great version. Having played every version since 3, ootp has been a yearly right of passage and hearing from the wife it's time to leave for something and my response back, I need to finish this half inning or finalize this trade.

Chico Guilbault 03-21-2019 08:33 AM

This is the year, I can feel it!

https://dz7u9q3vpd4eo.cloudfront.net...81cfbd4fec.gif

Orioles1966 03-21-2019 08:55 AM

Can we expect anything new added to the game since Monday on the official release?

Matt Arnold 03-21-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles1966 (Post 4456585)
Can we expect anything new added to the game since Monday on the official release?

No new features. Many bug fixes, and some small adjustments to reliever usage and fatigue.

jtnlange 03-21-2019 09:07 AM

Markus and team,

Thank you very much for an enjoyable game year after year. this is the time of the year I look forward to. Now to build my fantasy baseball universe and take my beloved Milwaukee Warriors to the World Series.:D

Thank you again

Trevor L.

Shake Appeal 03-21-2019 09:07 AM

Any further database updates tomorrow? There have been a lot of late injuries (Fulmer, Luzardo), extensions (Bregman, Trout), signings (Kimbrel to the Brewers, maybe?), etc.

I know this slow-moving offseason can't be easy on the release schedule.

The Yurpman 03-21-2019 10:19 AM

Once again, thank you to the entire team for another excellent game! I've been here since OOTP 11 and the amount of time and effort put into this game can be seen by all. You guys are the best at what you do.

WIUPIKE 03-21-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shake Appeal (Post 4456593)
Any further database updates tomorrow? There have been a lot of late injuries (Fulmer, Luzardo), extensions (Bregman, Trout), signings (Kimbrel to the Brewers, maybe?), etc.

I know this slow-moving offseason can't be easy on the release schedule.

With Live Start these will be updated as the season goes.

Shake Appeal 03-21-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIUPIKE (Post 4456654)
With Live Start these will be updated as the season goes.

Will that be working as of tomorrow? Because apart from the Japan series, the season doesn't start for another week.

Matt Arnold 03-21-2019 11:08 AM

We can't update Kimbrel to the Brewers until they actually confirm that ;)

We've been too swamped right now, so most of those other recent developments won't be in the new standard games before release, but as with every year, we'll continue to update the DB and try to stay on top of things as much as we can.

And to re-iterate to people, not *everything* gets captured by the live updates. Stuff like contract extensions won't get updated in the live start mode. But hopefully the rest of it will work :)

bigsmooth 03-21-2019 11:12 AM

Well, can't the players that will begin the year on the IR (for example Aaron Hicks and Luis Severino) be reflected correctly in the game? On both Beta releases, they are on the Yankees active roster.

Neezer 03-21-2019 11:21 AM

Cant wait!

Now....get to work on that darn football sim!!!!

T-Bone 03-21-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neezer (Post 4456702)
Cant wait!

Now....get to work on that darn football sim!!!!

:laugh:

Pineywoods OOTPer 03-21-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4456547)
The time is near. We are about to compile the final release build for tomorrow's launch. Number 20. Can you believe it?

I would like to thank everybody involved in this incredible journey, starting with my ex-girlfriend from October 1997 who complained back then that I spent too much time with this nonsense baseball game idea. Which obviously motivated me even more. :laugh:

This game would not be what it is today without the countless volunteers and beta testers who help us every year. And it would not be what it is without you guys, the community., who keep us on our toes and support us with so much feedback and so many great ideas. You guys are awesome. :thumbup1:

So, 28 hours left and the game will launch. We can't wait!

OK. Sentimental rant is over. See you tomorrow for our biggest and best launch ever!

Markus

:thumbup1:

No, thank you, Team Markus. And the ex-gf, her loss...in more ways than one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtnlange (Post 4456592)
Markus and team,

Thank you very much for an enjoyable game year after year. this is the time of the year I look forward to. Now to build my fantasy baseball universe and take my beloved Milwaukee Warriors to the World Series.:D

Thank you again

Trevor L.

Trevor, did they get tired of being associated with low quality beer?

And have fun all.

jtnlange 03-21-2019 11:40 AM

Well beer is only $8 a cup at the stadium so cant be that bad! :-)

Trevor L.

Markus Heinsohn 03-21-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsmooth (Post 4456693)
Well, can't the players that will begin the year on the IR (for example Aaron Hicks and Luis Severino) be reflected correctly in the game? On both Beta releases, they are on the Yankees active roster.

We have most of them covered in tomorrow's release build. If we missed any or more come up over the weekend, we'll update that for the default game in patch 1 which I'd expect on Wednesday.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments