OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   Football Game Development Update (6/17/2017) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=279048)

Markus Heinsohn 06-07-2017 08:40 AM

Football Game Development Update (6/17/2017)

Hey football fans,

I have some news to share. We have decided to stop development of Beyond the Sideline Football. After years of work, we've come to the conclusion that only Francis Cole has the ability and knowledge to complete his design. Unfortunately, his illness makes that work impossible. We wish him the best in his recovery.

But don't worry, the OOTP football project is not dead. We are starting a new football game project (based on the OOTP and FHM interfaces) with a new name (yet to be determined) and with a new development team. At this time, it's far too early to comment on details, only that we are committed to creating a quality product that establishes us as a market leader right from the first release.

We hope to release this product late 2018. Early next year, when we have determined the final feature set, we will open up a new OOTP football forum and we'll have detailed discussions about this new game. We are very excited about the future, so please stay tuned!

Markus & the entire OOTP Developments Team

Francis Cole 06-07-2017 01:30 PM

>> we've come to the conclusion that only Francis Cole has the ability and knowledge to complete his design.

:cool:

>> Unfortunately, his illness makes that work impossible. We wish him the best in his recovery.

:)

mattlew7062 06-07-2017 03:09 PM

Thank you for all you guys do!

I can't wait for (Insert New Game Name Here) in the future!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mattlew7062 06-07-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francis Cole (Post 4204598)
>> we've come to the conclusion that only Francis Cole has the ability and knowledge to complete his design.

:cool:

>> Unfortunately, his illness makes that work impossible. We wish him the best in his recovery.

:)

Thanks Francis for what you have done for this community!

Wish you luck in your recovery!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Baldric 06-07-2017 04:45 PM

Thank you Francis. Hopefully one day you are able to complete the vision for your game.

Rizzo 06-08-2017 01:06 PM

Leaving BTS is probably the best move because that definitely was Francis' baby. No matter who cam on to the development team, they weren't going to be able to complete his vision for the game. I wish you all the best Francis!

I'm excited to see details on the new game in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mickeyb37 06-08-2017 01:09 PM

Best wishes for your continued recovery Francis. I also hope that maybe one day you will be well enough to finish your game. Your ideas for Beyond The Sidelines Football were great and I hope they can still come to fruition. Take care :thumbup:

Markus Heinsohn 06-08-2017 04:18 PM

Thanks for the kind words, guys! :)

james17 06-09-2017 01:02 AM

Francis one day you'll finish your game and I intend to buy it.

Markus, even though it's another year to wait for, I think a total redesign with a new team is a great idea. I got the impression that things hadn't been going well with trying to finish Francis project. And hopefully someone from the new team will monitor and comment occasionally on the new football forum.

keeks 06-09-2017 12:58 PM

Well ****

javier_83 06-09-2017 01:31 PM

wow!! i want to help in this project!! i love football!!

MisterCubs 06-11-2017 04:10 AM

I will buy the game if the options are tantamount to those of OOTP and FHM in terms of creating leagues and teams. I don't mind waiting for this game, all that means is hard work and a fantastic product from the OOTPD team. So take your time, guys.

To paraphrase from another great sporting movie, If you make it we will play :thumbup:

gdspd 06-11-2017 05:24 AM

"based on the OOTP and FHM interfaces"

I remember reading somewhere that BTS was using OOTP as a base and thus would be Linux compatible. Any idea on if this new game will run on Linux? I'm asking for clarification since OOTP does, and FHM doesn't.

SamC 06-11-2017 12:54 PM

Hi Markus,

Sad news that BTS is unable to continue but I'm sure it was a great project from Francis and it was so unfortunate that it couldn't see the light of day.

Please let us know if there's any way we can register interest to volunteer for the new game.

As the release isn't until late 2018 I'm sure there are skills in the community that can be useful to the team.

Skills other than coding and testing like research, marketing and strategy. I've worked in marketing for 10 years so can certainly contribute with research, insights, planning and storytelling that could be helpful as you prepare for the 2018 launch.

drewst18 06-12-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdspd (Post 4206015)
"based on the OOTP and FHM interfaces"

I remember reading somewhere that BTS was using OOTP as a base and thus would be Linux compatible. Any idea on if this new game will run on Linux? I'm asking for clarification since OOTP does, and FHM doesn't.

I could be wrong but I don't believe this is the case. I don't know how close the game was to being completed but if you see the videos of the game before it became affiliated with OOTP Dev it was very far into production at least from what the videos show. I would imagine it would be very difficult to go back around and make the base run like OOTP. Instead (again guessing) a lot of the work was being done to OOTPize the existing game Francis had created.

I'm quite disappointed having seen those videos I believe that the game Francis was designing would have been a game changer for football fans, and now were left to wonder what could have been.

I'm sorry that he got sick, and I hope he has a full recovery. My mother also suffered a stroke and its scary stuff. Best of luck in your recovery Francis.

dmytron 06-12-2017 03:41 AM

I hope new game will be made on PISD, not on Qt. OOTP 18 runs smoothly on my PC, but FHM lags horribly.

Markus Heinsohn 06-12-2017 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmytron (Post 4206264)
I hope new game will be made on PISD, not on Qt. OOTP 18 runs smoothly on my PC, but FHM lags horribly.

Have you contacted our support about this? FHM runs very smooth (same as OOTP) on our test systems and I have not heard about any lagging issues from other customers. Maybe there is some piece of software on your PC that interferes.

Sebastian Palkowski 06-12-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmytron (Post 4206264)

It would be great if you could give us a bit more info about "FHM lags horribly" so we can look into it. Since I donīt want to go off-topic here, maybe you can write me an email to: sebastian@ootpdevelopments.com

Thanks!

goalieump413 06-13-2017 10:56 AM

Thank you for the update Markus!

I'm very happy to hear that the team at OOTP is committed to bringing a football game to fans everywhere, and with the quality and depth we have become accustomed to. Sports gaming will have a new benchmark soon!

Krillo 06-15-2017 08:16 AM

Could you this time give us a maybe a monthly update or so on what's happening? Even when things isn't going so great. I'm just very exited fo this game and looking forward to finally play a great football game!