OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   BTS Update - February 23rd (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=262427)

Markus Heinsohn 02-23-2016 04:21 AM

BTS Update - February 23rd

Hey folks,

let me officially introduce Michael Winter, the new lead developer of BTS Football. Michael lives near Berlin in Germany and is a lifelong fan of sports management game and a huge football fan, having lived in the US for several years rooting for the Packers. He has plenty of experience in the game industry, having worked for EA on their German soccer management games for example.

We are shooting for a Summer / Fall 2017 release date now, so we take our time to get everything right. BTS 1 will be based on OOTP 17 GUI code base and hence should remain solid and stable and focus on a realistic representation of the NFL. Things like colleges / highschool football, fictional leagues and advanced customizable features will be added throughout the years in later versions.

Alright, we'll keep you posted with monthly development updates. Michael will be active here in the forums from now on :)

Cheers,
MArkus

r0nster 02-23-2016 07:11 AM

Thanks for the update Marcus.

Welcome to the show Michael Winter.

MajorSupreme 02-23-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 3985711)
Hey folks,

let me officially introduce Michael Winter, the new lead developer of BTS Football. Michael lives near Berlin in Germany and is a lifelong fan of sports management game and a huge football fan, having lived in the US for several years rooting for the Packers. He has plenty of experience in the game industry, having worked for EA on their German soccer management games for example.

We are shooting for a Summer / Fall 2017 release date now, so we take our time to get everything right. BTS 1 will be based on OOTP 17 GUI code base and hence should remain solid and stable and focus on a realistic representation of the NFL. Things like colleges / highschool football, fictional leagues and advanced customizable features will be added throughout the years in later versions.

Alright, we'll keep you posted with monthly development updates. Michael will be active here in the forums from now on :)

Cheers,
MArkus

Really, really glad to see this.

I know the Summer/Fall 2017 release can seem pretty daunting, but for a game like this, the wait is more than worth it if the updates keep coming.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Rizzo 02-23-2016 08:21 AM

Welcome aboard and excited to see the final product when it is ready!

killershrew 02-23-2016 09:22 AM

Good news! Good luck with the continued development!

Baebae32 02-23-2016 11:17 AM

Welcome Mr. Winter. Excited for the release of this.

dave1927p 02-23-2016 01:24 PM

Winter is coming...

Great to hear!

Kent814 02-23-2016 02:27 PM

Better late than never! So excited for this game, knowing this is the same company that makes OOTP means it will be of the highest quality and keep on getting better.

Michael Winter 02-23-2016 03:41 PM

Hello everybody,

thanks for welcoming me. Some months ago I came to this place as a potential customer. Just wanted to find out how the development was progressing. That's when I learned that OOTP Developments were looking for a new developer due to Francis' current health situation. I immediately thought they might be looking for me since I love these kind of games a lot and have been playing them for many years. So I contacted Markus and Andreas and we decided to work together on this fantastic project. Currently, I am evaluating Francis' code and I am also working on the player attribute system. We will keep you updated on a regular basis here in this forum. I'll also be around and more than happy to answer your questions and listen to your suggestions. Ok then, let's create a great game together!

james17 02-23-2016 05:46 PM

Welcome, Michael!

Absolutely great news! Looking forward to the next year!

james17 02-23-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Hey folks,

Cheers,
MArkus

Thanks for the intro, Markus! Sounds like he has all the necessary credentials. The OOTP 17 GUI based code should result in a really fine finished product.

swoboda 02-23-2016 06:02 PM

Great news. that means only one more year of Front Page Sports Football 97 for me !

Hammercraft 02-23-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

a lifelong fan of sports management game and a huge football fan, having lived in the US for several years rooting for the Packers.

We're in good hands fellas.

http://i.imgur.com/CQ9y43X.jpg

Rocketdawg2016 02-26-2016 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammercraft (Post 3986087)
We're in good hands fellas.

http://i.imgur.com/CQ9y43X.jpg

Titletown, baby!

ScorpioSymbol 02-27-2016 03:02 AM

Thank god he's not a Steelers fan!

eriqjaffe 02-27-2016 09:41 AM

I had to double-check that Michael Winter wasn't the same guy who made Maximum Football. Thankfully, that was David Winter, so I feel better now. ;)

colourmebrad 02-27-2016 01:59 PM

Glad to hear it's not being rushed out and the strategy of quality over quantity of features for 1.0 remains. Looking forward to playing this! :-)

DreamTeams 02-27-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriqjaffe (Post 3987983)
I had to double-check that Michael Winter wasn't the same guy who made Maximum Football. Thankfully, that was David Winter, so I feel better now. ;)

Same here.

Al Davis 02-28-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Winter (Post 3985987)
Hello everybody,

thanks for welcoming me. Some months ago I came to this place as a potential customer. Just wanted to find out how the development was progressing. That's when I learned that OOTP Developments were looking for a new developer due to Francis' current health situation. I immediately thought they might be looking for me since I love these kind of games a lot and have been playing them for many years. So I contacted Markus and Andreas and we decided to work together on this fantastic project. Currently, I am evaluating Francis' code and I am also working on the player attribute system. We will keep you updated on a regular basis here in this forum. I'll also be around and more than happy to answer your questions and listen to your suggestions. Ok then, let's create a great game together!

from possible customer to developer, that's pretty cool, good luck

nbryant 02-29-2016 03:12 PM

Welcome Michael. Looking forward your efforts!

Made me so happy I had to pay homage to what you have taken on for us lost souls!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...ps24pxtbap.png