OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   The Perfect Team effect..... (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=295036)

Scoman 11-11-2018 02:04 PM

The Perfect Team effect.....

Has playing PT effected how much you play the regular OOTP fictional or Historical leagues?

I know it has for me. I always have a fictional league going and a Historical league. Predominately playing the latter. Historical has always been my favorite way to play.

So I figured since PT included Real and historical players it would be right up my ally,and is. But since PT has came out I bet it has received 90% of my OOTP playing time. Not that it is a bad thing necessarily just surprised me personally.

So I know the newness will wear off at some point,but still I wonder how this will affect playing the regular game moving forward.

Orcin 11-11-2018 02:28 PM

I haven't touched the regular game since PT started.

discodude5 11-11-2018 02:39 PM

I'm the opposite.

Over the weekend with my PT in the hunt for the playoffs I've played a ton of my fictional league in between sims.
I wouldn't be playing this much if it wasn't for PT.

If I wasn't in the playoff race I wouldn't be constantly checking on the sims though.

Westheim 11-11-2018 02:44 PM

I already didn't have enough time for all the games I wanted to play before PT rolled out... am I still eating regularly? Can someone check on me please?

Thalion 11-11-2018 03:41 PM

I'm like Orcin. I haven't even opened up the regular game since either.

Dr.K 11-11-2018 03:54 PM

I have been playing Perfect since it started this week BUT I will begin playing OOTP historical as a result when I can as hadn't played it in months. This has reignited my love of the game.

dodger300 11-11-2018 04:25 PM

I play one game now in my solo league, then go and check my pt team. So my solo play has slowed but not stopped.

Kushiel 11-11-2018 04:54 PM

:laugh: Since I started Perfect Team I forgot my OOTP regular teams. Now, I remember them!

Zorro 11-11-2018 04:58 PM

I also have not played my reg league at all since PP. I have no time. I am retired and have put about 9 hours a day into this team. I watch all my games and I am so tired by the end of the day. I am 1 game away from the World Series and I think after the series I might quit playing PP. I had a good year 100-62 in the reg season and I am 8-1 in the playoffs. I have no gold or platinum players so it took a lot of work to build my team. I am not sure I have the energy to do it again. Lol. It is a lot of fun but soooo much work...

Silent_Thunder 11-11-2018 05:55 PM

PT is perfect for playing while doing other things in the same room, like playing on the PS4 (Red Dead 2 is phenomenal), or doing work on the computer itself. Just check in every hour or so to make sure your auctions are going well and your team is playing to it's potential.

What I'd love is if the game alerted you to a PT league update when you're in a normal save, so you can pop over, see what happened, make any needed changes, then go back to a franchise game.

Airdrop01 11-11-2018 06:17 PM

This is in line with what occurs with this model. The most played and supported mode becomes the one with the micro transactions and the mode that gets red headed step child status is the franchise or legacy type modes.

We haven’t seen if it will occur yet with OOTP but we shall see.

Airdrop01 11-11-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 4389402)
9 hours a day into this team.

Sweet fancy Moses. I’m retired too but sheesh. Get some natural vitamin D. :)

Westheim 11-11-2018 06:26 PM

Surely not for me. But maybe I am not your average player with 4,500-odd hours in a single save (and pretty much only that save until very very recently)...

zrog2000 11-11-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Thunder (Post 4389449)
PT is perfect for playing while doing other things in the same room, like playing on the PS4 (Red Dead 2 is phenomenal), or doing work on the computer itself. Just check in every hour or so to make sure your auctions are going well and your team is playing to it's potential.

What I'd love is if the game alerted you to a PT league update when you're in a normal save, so you can pop over, see what happened, make any needed changes, then go back to a franchise game.

I wish there were an alert sound when the next download files are ready. I have had PT running in the background 24 hours a day since it was released.

Zorro 11-11-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airdrop01 (Post 4389470)
Sweet fancy Moses. I’m retired too but sheesh. Get some natural vitamin D. :)

Lol, To cold here my friend. Otherwise I could take the laptop on the beach.:D

ShiBDiB 11-11-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrog2000 (Post 4389486)
I wish there were an alert sound when the next download files are ready. I have had PT running in the background 24 hours a day since it was released.

They need to automate it imo, seeing how once the popup occurs you can't do anything else anyway makes no sense not to automate it.

Zorro 11-11-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiBDiB (Post 4389576)
They need to automate it imo, seeing how once the popup occurs you can't do anything else anyway makes no sense not to automate it.

:thumbup1:

stl jason 11-13-2018 03:13 PM

still playing my fictional league (GM only, but watch all my team's games)... I'll pop into PT to check on my team when I get home from work... take a peek at the auctions to see if there are any ending soon that spark my interest... then head back to my fictional league to watch a few games before jumping back to PT to check on their last game.

might fire up a challenge mode team as well once there are potential card packs to be had

AirmenSmith 11-13-2018 05:10 PM

I haven't spent much time on the regular game but that will change once you can get packs while in challenge mode. I'll be playing challenge mode like crazy when that time comes.

mitchkenn 11-13-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoman (Post 4389243)
Has playing PT effected how much you play the regular OOTP fictional or Historical leagues?

Not really. i still spend the majority of my free time in my fictional universe. But i do check PT a couple times a day to see how poorly my team is producing, and then decide if i should try to buy a player or two from the auction, or try to save points for a gold pack, but that'll take decades are the rate i'm getting points.
Basically it's a diversion to look at and tinker with a couple times a day.