OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3913)
-   -   Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Important news about the release date (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=270388)

Markus Heinsohn 10-11-2016 05:42 AM

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - Important news about the release date

Hello hockey fans,

We have been working extremely hard for the last few months and Franchise Hockey Manager 3 has been making great progress. The game is shaping up very nicely.

However, we have decided, that in order to provide a rock-solid release, that it would benefit from a slightly extended testing period and a longer beta period to get feedback from the pre-order customers. So, we have decided to push back the official release of FHM 3 by two weeks to the end of October.

Everyone who has ordered, or will pre-order the game (up until October 28th) at the reduced price of $29.99, will get access to the current beta version of FHM 3 on Monday, October 17th. We will open a new forum for feedback on the beta on that date, and, during the final two weeks up until the official release, focus on fixing the problems you report and work on your suggested tweaks.

We are looking forward to be working with you in order to make FHM 3 as great as possible. And we thank you for your understanding and patience! :flowers:

Best,
Markus & the FHM team

SlyBelle 10-11-2016 05:56 AM

Thanks for providing the news early this week....although I would have loved to get the BETA version on Friday since I would have all weekend to play, 3-day delay is nothing major all things considering.

Statsman1 10-11-2016 07:39 AM

Yes, thanks for the update, Markus! I, too, am looking forward to hacking on the beta.

Good luck to you, Sebastian and the team with the release. I know you guys have been looking forward to this, probably as much as the customers!

Templer 10-11-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyBelle (Post 4100926)
... I would have loved to get the BETA version on Friday since I would have all weekend to play,...

Me too. :huh:

Markus Heinsohn 10-11-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Templer (Post 4100952)
Me too. :huh:

There were a few things we wanted to make sure are working right before making the beta public, but that will likely take a couple of days longer than Friday, so we decided to schedule the beta release for Monday instead. :)

beezer2434 10-11-2016 09:31 AM

Any chance we can see screenshots of the draft or how central scouting looks?

Markus Heinsohn 10-11-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beezer2434 (Post 4100977)
Any chance we can see screenshots of the draft or how central scouting looks?

Unfortunately, every screenshot we show has to be approved by the NHL, and right now they are busy reviewing & approving the game itself. Once that is done, we can post more screenshots.

croatian 10-11-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4100987)
Unfortunately, every screenshot we show has to be approved by the NHL, and right now they are busy reviewing & approving the game itself. Once that is done, we can post more screenshots.

give us some non-nhl screen :)

Markus Heinsohn 10-11-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by croatian (Post 4100989)
give us some non-nhl screen :)

If I could, I would ;)

pezdaddy 10-11-2016 04:06 PM

so my question is, if I started my franchise on Monday night, and play several games, will the save still work for the official release that's coming at the end of the month?

if so, would the beta have to be uninstalled, and replaced by the official copy?

will the beta be available through steam if we pre-order the steam code from this site?

benspit 10-11-2016 04:42 PM

No problems from me on the slight delay; I've pre-ordered so am happy to provide feedback on anything I notice. That is, of course, if the steam version has beta access? I've not activated my code yet; have been waiting until "go-live"

Sebastian Palkowski 10-11-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benspit (Post 4101157)
No problems from me on the slight delay; I've pre-ordered so am happy to provide feedback on anything I notice. That is, of course, if the steam version has beta access? I've not activated my code yet; have been waiting until "go-live"

Steam user will be able to play the beta on Monday.

Markus Heinsohn 10-12-2016 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pezdaddy (Post 4101145)
so my question is, if I started my franchise on Monday night, and play several games, will the save still work for the official release that's coming at the end of the month?

if so, would the beta have to be uninstalled, and replaced by the official copy?

will the beta be available through steam if we pre-order the steam code from this site?

Yes, the saved games will be compatible.

Yes, the Steam beta will be available Monday.

You can simply install the final release version over the beta version, no problem. For Steam users this will happen automatically AFAIK.

pezdaddy 10-12-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4101423)
Yes, the saved games will be compatible.

Yes, the Steam beta will be available Monday.

You can simply install the final release version over the beta version, no problem. For Steam users this will happen automatically AFAIK.

awesome! I pre-ordered the game yesterday, so I'm excited for Monday's beta release

wilkiburger14 10-12-2016 01:27 PM

Can't find it on steam yet?

Puckhead 10-12-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilkiburger14 (Post 4101557)

If you pre-ordered it you can already activate the key on steam right now, but the game will be visible in your game library once the beta arrives on October 17th.

Sebastian Palkowski 10-12-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilkiburger14 (Post 4101557)

The Steam page is not up until we start to sell the game officially end of October. You can pre-order it on our page (you can get a Steam key there if you wish) or wait for the official release and buy it directly on Steam of course.

Robert11729 10-12-2016 06:46 PM

So we cant play until end of october if we purchased a steam key only?

Sebastian Palkowski 10-12-2016 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert11729 (Post 4101741)
So we cant play until end of october if we purchased a steam key only?

No, you will be able to play on Monday.

Statsman1 10-13-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4101746)
No, you will be able to play on Monday.

It's a very odd feeling to be wishing for the weekend to be OVER, in order for Monday to arrive!!