OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3866)
-   -   Multiple nationalities for teams or leagues? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306389)

jhn31 09-02-2019 03:15 PM

Multiple nationalities for teams or leagues?

For example, the Australian League has a team in New Zealand. I want to limit foreigners, and it seems obvious that New Zealanders should be able to play on the NZ team without counting as international, but there's not nearly enough of them yet to support a team, so Australians also should be able to play on that team without counting as foreigners either.

Similarly, maybe we could have the option of setting the whole league to be Australian/New Zealander so that any player of either nationality counts as domestic for the whole league.

This also came up in the Italian league, where one team plays in San Marino - I don't want San Marinoans (Sammarinese?) or Italians to count as foreigners for that team.

WIUPIKE 09-03-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhn31 (Post 4532875)
For example, the Australian League has a team in New Zealand. I want to limit foreigners, and it seems obvious that New Zealanders should be able to play on the NZ team without counting as international, but there's not nearly enough of them yet to support a team, so Australians also should be able to play on that team without counting as foreigners either.

Similarly, maybe we could have the option of setting the whole league to be Australian/New Zealander so that any player of either nationality counts as domestic for the whole league.

This also came up in the Italian league, where one team plays in San Marino - I don't want San Marinoans (Sammarinese?) or Italians to count as foreigners for that team.

I believe most of this can be done by using the region function that would capture countries in the region selected that would not fall under the foreigners rule.

jhn31 09-18-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIUPIKE (Post 4533070)
I believe most of this can be done by using the region function that would capture countries in the region selected that would not fall under the foreigners rule.

How is that done? All I can see is restricting foreigners by league nationality or team nationality.

Isedelyod 09-25-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhn31 (Post 4532875)

I second this request. This has bothered me as well, as I play a World League with foreign player limitations. The region function is a work-around, but not perfect by any means.

WIUPIKE 09-26-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhn31 (Post 4537900)
How is that done? All I can see is restricting foreigners by league nationality or team nationality.

When i get to the house tonight i will go see how i have my international leagues set up.